Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: [Aug 12 3013] Country’s Night to Rock (Official Discusssion Thread)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Carrie singlehandedly OBLITERATED the "competition" there. It was a bloodbath of epic proportions. Taylor WHO? Miranda WHO? Kelly WHO? They got mercilessly bogged down in the bloodbath.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Carrie singlehandedly OBLITERATED the "competition" there. It was a bloodbath of epic proportions. Taylor WHO? Miranda WHO? Kelly WHO? They got mercilessly bogged down in the bloodbath.
    Melissa, sis, it's cool to see you post on CF! Yay!
    teesharky, Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Throwback:

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Melissa, sis, it's cool to see you post on CF! Yay!
    Heyyy gurl, right back at ya! why aren't the smilies working though? ugh.

Anyyyyways. We're obviously used to Carrie absolutely KILLING it with the vocals; but there are still always some people that like to complain about her being "too boring" or "too stiff" or "too rehearsed" when it comes to her delivery of performance. But tonight? No one in their right MIND could utter such nonsense! That is how you put on a performance: smashing the vocals AND working the stage like a LEGEND, without the corny, desperate, attention-seeking stage theatrics of some of the other ladies (hehehehehehe). Fierceness was delivered on every front.

Concert Stars
    Well I'll just say that her performance of See You Again is a classic example of why I'm such a huge fan of Carrie. Her voice is just so mesmerizing. I couldn't look away. I feel like Carrie's CMA Fest performances are always some of her best, both vocally and performance wise.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    Here's another cap.

After watching it more than 15 times, all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW.

This is the BEST "Paradise City" by Carrie -- and it was broadcast on Network TV ! LOVE it .

Junior Carrie Follower Piercing Words's Avatar
    Carrie was amazing. I thought she blew it out of the water with PC and then she did even better with SYA. She never disappoints, does she? I can only recall one performance that wasn't up to her usual standards, and even that one was miles better than most other singers (her BA performance at the CMAs last year).

Anyway, I'm not a Miranda hater or anything, but why doesn't she hire a stylist? Or if she has one, fire it. She always looks like she got lost on her way to the AVN Awards and decided to show up at some random country event instead.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood to host 2013 CMA Awards

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 3:54 AM EST

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Country Music Association announced on Monday that Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will be back to host the CMA Awards this year.

It will be the sixth consecutive year the country stars will take the stage as hosts.

"Carrie and Brad are the consummate hosts," said Ed Hardy, President of the CMA Board of Directors, said in a release.

"They have the respect of our industry, artistic credibility, critical acclaim, and a quick-witted, genuine rapport that makes them popular with our audience and the viewers at home. We are delighted to have them back as hosts for the sixth year," he continued.

Paisley is a critically acclaimed singer, songwriter and guitarist who has won a total of 14 CMA Awards.

He has had 22 hit singles make the number one chart spot since 1999.

Paisley is also a member of the Grand Ole Opry.

Underwood has received five CMA awards throughout her career.

Since her debut album in 2005, she has sold more than 15 million records and has had 17 number one chart-topping hit singles.

The 47th Annual CMA Award airs live from the Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, November 6 from 8 until 11 p.m. on Nashville's News 2.

Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood to host 2013 CMA Awards - WKRN, Nashville News, Nashville Weather and Sports
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Man, I was so tired last night I had watched my tape of the original music fest and wondered why Carrie was so far in the program and wondered why Little Big Town was not hosting it as planned. I watched the video on here of Carrie and PC....Then I realized I had partially watched the wrong tape--and started watching the tape of the ABC special where Carrie opened the show. Man, What a performance----the rest of the show lost it's luster for me after that and I stopped watching it. I will watch the rest of it tonight though. So proud of Carrie......and happy that she and Brad are hosting again this year...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Loved the program last night. Carrie rocked the opening and if she could only have one other performance, I'm glad it was See You Again - best to promote the current single! I love RM, but it's pretty old now and wouldn't have helped her or Brad. My memory may be failing me, but was Carrie the only artist to get two solo performances? I think maybe LBT got two (Bed and Pontoon), but it seems like the others got one solo and one collab performance, unless I missed someone. Even Luke only had one song, right? Jason had one and then a collab with Lenny Kravitz. Taylor had one and then her collab with Tim. Keith had one and collab with Tim/Taylor. Hunter had one and then collab with Jason Mraz. LBT were the hosts and I'm glad they got some love with extra performances (two solo and one collab with Shery Crow), but I really think Carrie was the only solo artist to get two solo performances, which is awesome and shows how much ABC knows what she's worth! The segment announcing Brad and Carrie as hosts was awesome, as they always are.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Heyyy gurl, right back at ya! why aren't the smilies working though? ugh.

Anyyyyways. We're obviously used to Carrie absolutely KILLING it with the vocals; but there are still always some people that like to complain about her being "too boring" or "too stiff" or "too rehearsed" when it comes to her delivery of performance. But tonight? No one in their right MIND could utter such nonsense! That is how you put on a performance: smashing the vocals AND working the stage like a LEGEND, without the corny, desperate, attention-seeking stage theatrics of some of the other ladies (hehehehehehe). Fierceness was delivered on every front.

I love when you post. lol
    liveasong, MelissaD and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    One last comment about last night - I thought Taylor looked absolutely ridiculous the way she was dancing around Tim and Keith during HDC. I was honestly embarrassed for her and the men for having to be on stage with her acting like that. I am can usually be pretty impartial to Taylor - I like some of her music and have even seen her in concert a couple times (once by choice, once because she opened for Keith), but I just thought she looked so silly. Other than that, I thought the show as a whole was good, although I did FF through some since I started watching it at 10.
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Thank God and the one who invented the DVR. I am probably the only human being who can change a 3 hour TV show into less than 45 minutes.

Carrie was AMAZING! Loved both of her performances! So dynamic! Happy that she and Brad are hosting the CMAs again!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    One last comment about last night - I thought Taylor looked absolutely ridiculous the way she was dancing around Tim and Keith during HDC. I was honestly embarrassed for her and the men for having to be on stage with her acting like that. I am can usually be pretty impartial to Taylor - I like some of her music and have even seen her in concert a couple times (once by choice, once because she opened for Keith), but I just thought she looked so silly. Other than that, I thought the show as a whole was good, although I did FF through some since I started watching it at 10.
    You're not alone. I just hope this phase of hers (exaggerated poses and dancing) will pass very very soon.

I saw some of her older videos from Fearless era recently...... she moved so much more naturally back then. So much better.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    That dumbass who called PC rap, prob thinks Boys Round Here is bluegrass...
    Becca
    Well, the verses are kind of rapped in PC. LMAO.

Seriously, who the hell cares what Carrie sings? She rocked it out, and looked gorgeous doing it. It baffles me how some people will find anything to complain about,

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Well, the verses are kind of rapped in PC. LMAO.

Seriously, who the hell cares what Carrie sings? She rocked it out, and looked gorgeous doing it. It baffles me how some people will find anything to complain about,
    YES, Carrie looked so beautiful .
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    carries, performace last night(both) was the best of the night she sure did rock it on PC and I love sya what two amazing performaces. carrie is in a league of her own theres no one out there that can touch our girls vocals or performaces.
    bluetb4 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    MelissaD, whats with the Hillary picture?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood Dominates CMA Music Festival Show

Underwood stood out as America’s darling with fantastic style and energy and absolutely killer vocals. She has control and range on her high notes that few can express and her techniques are seasoned and effortless. Much of Carrie’s vocal power comes from her rear usage of breath support from the ribs. This is a rarely used gospel singing technique that exhibits muscular overdrive for the voice.

Her power and efficiency shined as her voice became an instrument that flowed seamlessly with the band. She told a powerful story through her body language and eyes and communicated that she’s a consummate rocker and a country music tour de force that’s here to stay.
    Mirasa45A, bluetb4, mbh and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wow, Carrie was on FIRE during Paradise City! She owned that stage. She is so versatile. I'd love to see her do more rockier songs on the next album, she really pulls it off.

She has really grown as a performer. She is much more comfortable on stage now. She gets better all the time. I look forward to what she does in the future. The only way is up for Carrie.
    Mirasa45A, bluetb4, mbh and 1 others like this.

•  
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast