Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree596Likes

Thread: [July 5 & 6] Grand Ole Opry (Official Discussion Thread)

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

[July 5 & 6] Grand Ole Opry (Official Discussion Thread)

Listen live at WSM Online :: Home :: WSM 650AM "The Legend".

Here is the weekend schedule. All times are CDT.

July 5

First Show

7:00 7:30 : Bill Anderson, Striking Matches, The Isaacs
    7:30 8:00 : Jean Shepard, Jesse McReynolds, Henry Cho
    8:00 8:30 : Mike Snider, Jan Howard, The Band Perry
    8:30 9:00 : Jim Ed Brown, Carrie Underwood

Second Show

9:30 10:00 : Mike Snider, Striking Matches, The Isaacs
    10:00 10:30 : Jim Ed Brown, Stu Phillips, The Band Perry
    10:30 11:00 : Jean Shepard, Jesse McReynolds, Henry Cho
    11:00 11:30 : George Hamilton IV, Carrie Underwood

July 6

First Show

7:00 7:30 : Mike Snider, Eric Paslay, Connie Smith
    7:30 8:00 : Jean Shepard, Jimmy C. Newman, Lennon & Maisy
    8:00 8:30 : Ray Pillow, Bobby Osborne & The Rocky Top X-Press, Jimmy Wayne, Opry Square Dancers
    8:30 9:00 : George Hamilton IV, Carrie Underwood

Second Show

9:30 10:00 : Mike Snider, Eric Paslay, Connie Smith
    10:00 10:30 : Jean Shepard, Jimmy C. Newman, Lennon & Maisy, Opry Square Dancers
    10:30 11:00 : Ray Pillow, Carrie Underwood
    11:00 11:30 : George Hamilton IV, Bobby Osborne & The Rocky Top X-Press, Jimmy Wayne

Both shows on Friday and the first show on Saturday are sold out with the exception of a few seat reserved for wheelchairs. The second show on Saturday has about 100 to 200 seats still available with almost all being in the far right and left side of the balcony.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I see Jimmy Wayne is performing also - haven't heard anything about him in forever! Wish I lived closer - I say that every time she is going to perform!!!

Concert Stars
    Tx cary for posting this! I notice that the 2 little girls from Nashville are playing on Carrie's night- the 6th. do you think Carrie will debut them in the opry Circle, and tape it for ABC this fall? Would be a cute cameo for Carrie if she is the one to introduce them to the Opry. I know it has to be an Opry member who takes them to the Circle, right?

They taped Scarlett's opry debut and aired it on Nashville-- so I assume they will do it for the little girls too-- as they also performed on CMA Fest. I bet the new season of Nashville will focus on them getting a record deal and starting to perform.

Also-- I was curious if the first set or 2nd set will be the one on the 6th that airs live in Oklahoma during Toby's set?

PS- I have never heard of either of the men performing during Carrie's segment. lol

Concert Stars
    ^^ Lennon and Maisy have sung at the Opry before, this isn't their debut.
    This will be unique to have Carrie live from the Opry for the OK benefit show - great that she could participate!

Hope someone record all Carrie sets! please do!
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's performances at the Opry are always special. I can't wait hear what she sings. Please somebody cap it, thank you.

Concert Stars
    Wow they already debuted at the opry so this is their second time? Wow- pretty good for little girls with no record deal? They appear at opry more then many adult stars.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ if you're talking Lennon and Maisy I think this is their 3rd Opry appearnace maybe fourth.
    I will say, having seen them in June at the Opry, that they are adorable and I love their harmonies.

I had to look Ray Pillow up.He's an Opry member, doh.
    Interested to hear him.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Donna, are you going to be able to go to all 4 shows???? Does anyone else sellout the Opry like Carrie does? I sure bet the management LOVES it when Carrie is on the bill!!!!

Gotta say AGAIN, how I miss watching Opry Live on Saturday nights on GAC!!! Such a shame it isn't aired anymore.

Junior Carrie Follower doitnthedirt's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    You going Maddkat?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I wish I was going guys.Unfortunately I have a family wedding to attend on Saturday afternoon.
    So I'll have to stream it Fri with the rest of you.And hope to get home Saturday for the second show.
    You'd think last year when they set the date that could have for seen Carrie playing 4 shows in 2 days at the Opry!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Donna, are you going to be able to go to all 4 shows???? Does anyone else sellout the Opry like Carrie does? I sure bet the management LOVES it when Carrie is on the bill!!!!

Gotta say AGAIN, how I miss watching Opry Live on Saturday nights on GAC!!! Such a shame it isn't aired anymore.
    Not many Opry members can sellout shows like Carrie does, especially selling out 4 shows in one weekend. As I said before the first 3 shows are basically sellouts. And the 4th show is very close. Of the seats that were on sale, less than 50 tickets are left and they are all single seats. They just made the limited view seats available today for the last show. So a good number of those seats are still available. But it should be a sellout given the rate that the remaining tickets are selling.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Not many Opry members can sellout shows like Carrie does, especially selling out 4 shows in one weekend. As I said before the first 3 shows are basically sellouts. And the 4th show is very close. Of the seats that were on sale, less than 50 tickets are left and they are all single seats. They just made the limited view seats available today for the last show. So a good number of those seats are still available. But it should be a sellout given the rate that the remaining tickets are selling.
    And who's the EOTY again???????
    maddkat, glenn7, teesharky and 2 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I kinda bet too that this might be the last of Carrie's Opry appearances for the year. After the four shows this weekend and the 2 during CMA Fest and didn't she do 2 shows earlier this year???? She's been at the Opry the most of any of the current stars that are Opry members. I just love how Carrie tries so hard to meet the commitment that was asked of the recent members. Unlike most of the other ones a few hadn't even appeared for quite sometime -- I'm talking about you Mr. BS!!!

At any rate, I think after this weekend she will have made 8 appearances this year! And I say that's FANTASTIC!!! I love listening to her shows at the Opry because it seems like she comes alive unlike at any other performance venue!!!! Even on the less than wonderful Opry internet feed, she stills sounds amazing and is so fun to listen to.
    maddkat, liz278, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    How about you Glenn are you going to be able to attend all four shows????? Gosh I can't even imagine seeing Carrie in that amazing venue for all four shows -- mighty special indeed!!!!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    How about you Glenn are you going to be able to attend all four shows????? Gosh I can't even imagine seeing Carrie in that amazing venue for all four shows -- mighty special indeed!!!!
    Sorry, not this time already had plans for the 4th, it will be my 1st Carrie missed Opry dates after going to 37 straight, having only missed the very 1st one in June of 07.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn7 View Post
    Sorry, not this time already had plans for the 4th, it will be my 1st Carrie missed Opry dates after going to 37 straight, having only missed the very 1st one in June of 07.
    Wow, that's incredible! I'd love to see Carrie at the Opry one day.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    It will be fun to listen online on the 6th as I am sure she has something special planned for Oklahoma.
    Carrieflattsfan and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn7 View Post
    Aww, that's too bad Glenn. I only wished I lived close to Nashville. I would have filled in for you and Donna. : )

•  
    Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast