Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 2 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By simonplay
  • 1 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 1 Post By CARRIE'D AWAY
  • 1 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 1 Post By simonplay

Thread: Your favorite Carrie performances from each year

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Your favorite Carrie performances from each year

I was thinking about my favorite Carrie performances from each year, and I thought it might be fun to get some ideas, and then eventually do a poll.

I'm excluding Idol performances, though, since we've done those a lot.

2006: Jesus, Take The Wheel (ACM's)
    2007: Desperado (Grammy's)
    2008: Just A Dream (CMA's)
    2009: I Know You Won't (PCA's)
    2010: Temporary Home (ACM's)
    2011: How Great Thou Art (GNO)
    2012: Fix You (VH1 Unplugged)
    2013: Paradise City (CMA Fest)

Go.
    opry051008 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Karly, are you thinking specifically award show, tv, internet performances and concert performances?
    Hopefully I'll remember to post my list later because I really like this idea for a thread.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    2006: Bless The Broken Road - Stripped Sessions
    2007: I'll Stand By You - Idol I know ,but it's my fav.If I must go non Idol then YTRGMO/IAICA - Oklahoma Centennial
    2008 :JAD - CMAs, VC in Delaware & MTWGA at the ACMs were both pretty special too
    2009: Change - CNN heroes , IKYW at the PCAs is a close second
    2010: Look At Me - FCP ,TH at the ACMs is neck and neck but she's only done LAM the one time and I loved it
    2011: How Great Thou Art - GNO
    2012: Remember When - Opry , but so many great ones last year
    2013: BA/TBC - Grammys ( but once I see PC in HD it might supplant it )
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Karly, are you thinking specifically award show, tv, internet performances and concert performances?
    Hopefully I'll remember to post my list later because I really like this idea for a thread.
    Right now, I'm leaving it up to you. Concert, Awards shows, whatever you choose.

And Maddkat, when I meant non-Idol performances, I meant her performances while she was competing, but not her covers or performances as a guest.

Concert Stars
    Very uncreative. The truth is, I don't remember the years of most performances, and I'm too lazy to check, so going off of memory:

2006: Bless the Broken Road
    2007: Desperado
    2008: Praying For Time
    2009: Change
    2010: Sweet Child O' Mine, Trenton
    2011: How Great Thou Art
    2012: Fix You (but really, all of her Opry performances were spectacular, as was her performance of SS at the Songwriters event.)
    2013: Paradise City (close behind are her Opry performances and BA at the Grammys)

What year was that WYAB performance at that one half-time show? That's certainly up there for me, as is LAM from the FCP.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Very uncreative. The truth is, I don't remember the years of most performances, and I'm too lazy to check, so going off of memory:

2006: Bless the Broken Road
    2007: Desperado
    2008: Praying For Time
    2009: Change
    2010: Sweet Child O' Mine, Trenton
    2011: How Great Thou Art
    2012: Fix You (but really, all of her Opry performances were spectacular, as was her performance of SS at the Songwriters event.)
    2013: Paradise City (close behind are her Opry performances and BA at the Grammys)

What year was that WYAB performance at that one half-time show? That's certainly up there for me, as is LAM from the FCP.
    Says the person who responded to this thread.

That WYAB performance was from 2006, btw.

Her Bless The Broken Road performance is so underrated; I almost put that as my choice, too.

Her Opry performances aren always great, but when discussing any of them on a larger scale, there isn't one that stands out. Which ultimately says so much about how great she is 99% of the time.

Concert Stars
    Just a quick note to say that this is the kind of thread we need more of when there is "down" time. These are positive and fun to read :-)

I will do my list later.

Here is my list:

2006: JTTW, DFTRM and BHC medley AMA awards
    2007: Wasted ACM awards
    2008: Before he Cheats Grammy awards
    2009: Cowboy Casanova CMA awards
    2010: Change Idols Give Back
    2011: How Great Thou Art GNO
    2012: Blown Away CMA awards
    2013: Remind Me Brad Paisley spins the Wheelhouse in Las Vegas.

Concert Stars

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Says the person who responded to this thread.

That WYAB performance was from 2006, btw.

Her Bless The Broken Road performance is so underrated; I almost put that as my choice, too.

Her Opry performances aren always great, but when discussing any of them on a larger scale, there isn't one that stands out. Which ultimately says so much about how great she is 99% of the time.
    I meant my list was uncreative, not your thread lol. Not everything is about you. ; ) (jk)

Yeah, BTBR was one of the first performances of hers I fell in love with. I listen to it as much as I listen to her other studio material.

Carrie Follower
    I really wasn't a Carrie fan until I saw her sing How Great Thou Art/Vince Gill...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! my all-time favorite! I also love TBC at the 2013 ACM's. Those are my 2 standouts for now.

Carrie Follower
    I'm hoping for a gospel album somewhere in the future with HGTA on it sung exactly how it was on the show it was performed on. I honestly believe she will do a gospel album someday, I'm sure she knows how much her fans would love it. A DVD of her performances on various shows would be nice also....well a gal can dream anyways.....

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I meant my list was uncreative, not your thread lol. Not everything is about you. ; ) (jk)

Yeah, BTBR was one of the first performances of hers I fell in love with. I listen to it as much as I listen to her other studio material.
    OH. I honestly thought you meant this thread was uncreative; if you had said "My list is so uncreative!" I would've understood, but you only said "So uncreative," so I was confused. lol.

I've heard a few people say Carrie's voice is too powerful for BTBR (it is a simple song to sing), but I love how it was so straightforward but still emotional.

One of the things I actually love about Carrie is that she knows when to add a little flair, but she never oversings, even though she has the type of voice that could easily allow her to do that.

The God bless the broken road that lead me straight to yooouuu (the held out note), until her falsetto at the end is probably still one of my favorite Carrie moments ever. It's just gorgeous.

Completely random sidenote: Did anyone else feel bad about having to leave out "Walk This Way" with Steven? I mean, it's almost too bad that two of Carrie's best performances EVER had to occur in the same year, at least for the purposes of this thread. lol.

Concert Stars
    OH. I honestly thought you meant this thread was uncreative; if you had said "My list is so uncreative!" I would've understood, but you only said "So uncreative," so I was confused. lol.
    My next sentence was supposed to be explaining why my list was so uncreative. x) But I can see where a misunderstanding would arise.

Completely random sidenote: Did anyone else feel bad about having to leave out "Walk This Way" with Steven? I mean, it's almost too bad that two of Carrie's best performances EVER had to occur in the same year, at least for the purposes of this thread. lol.
    I'd thought about it. Usually I prefer her rocking out, carefree performances to her standing still flawless vocal performances, but HGTA is just such a beast.

have a hard time trying to find what Blown Away performance was my favorite! :P

•