Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Carrie Sent Flowers to (CF Member) Don's Funeral!!

Carrie Guru
    Wow, thank you for posting the story -- Carrie is such a special person.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Thanks Heather for making the decision to post. I first met him in Portland also and many other concerts as well. RIP Don.
    tigercae likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    I went back and forth as to whether to post this, but knowing Don well, I know that he'd want you all to know how amazing Carrie is. It certainly provided such a huge bright spot for his family at such an otherwise sad time.
    I'd like to thank you for posting it. I know this wasn't a straightforward or easy matter, given the priivacy implications, but I think you made the right decision. From what you say, Carrie's work and public persona was a big part of Don Turner's life, and this thoughtful gesture commemorated that aspect for him at his passing. Knowing that it occurred can allow others to share in that meaning and serve as a tribute to one of our community from an artist we also love and respect..

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I'd like to thank you for posting it. I know this wasn't a straightforward or easy matter, given the priivacy implications, but I think you made the right decision. From what you say, Carrie's work and public persona was a big part of Don Turner's life, and this thoughtful gesture commemorated that aspect for him at his passing. Knowing that it occurred can allow others to share in that meaning and serve as a tribute to one of our community from an artist we also love and respect..
    Well said!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    After reading all these posts, it is so touching that so many of you had fond memories of Don Turner.
    He must have been an amazing man, a kind man and oh so likable. It's no wonder he held a special place in Carrie's heart.
    May he rest in peace and may his family find comfort through this out pour of affection.

Insane Carrie Fan AndStuffLike That16's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing this story Heather! Carrie is truly remarkable, as was Don. I'm so glad I was able to meet him a few times many years ago. He always brought so much humor and joy to every experience, and I always looked forward to his concert stories. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Concert Stars
    I missed the original posting and didn't know that Don was sick, so I'm stunned to see that he passed away. What an amazing and classy gesture by Carrie to send flowers. Thanks for sharing this Heather.

I remember talking a bit with Don here several years ago and reading some of his posts/reviews, and he was a great guy. Back in either '08 or '09 when my dad and I went to Nashville for Carrie's Fan Club Party, Don sold me an extra ticket he had for Carrie's Opry performance that night. I still have the envelope he sent the ticket to me with in my desk drawer.

RIP Don.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzer50 View Post
    I missed the original posting and didn't know that Don was sick, so I'm stunned to see that he passed away. What an amazing and classy gesture by Carrie to send flowers. Thanks for sharing this Heather.

I remember talking a bit with Don here several years ago and reading some of his posts/reviews, and he was a great guy. Back in either '08 or '09 when my dad and I went to Nashville for Carrie's Fan Club Party, Don sold me an extra ticket he had for Carrie's Opry performance that night. I still have the envelope he sent the ticket to me with in my desk drawer.

RIP Don.
    You guys are awesome-thanks for sharing your stories. I'm going to pass these all on to his son.
    glenn7 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan showheryoucare's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

i met Don Turner twice- ... and once in syracuse at thr NY state fair. He was awesome and fun!
    My memory isn't as good as it used to be, but I still remember that show like it was yesterday. That was a fun show. And I remember Don and all of us sitting around at a table, with Don smiling about the let's just say "interesting" conversation that was taking place that day (those that were there know what I'm talking about )

It's been a rough week for all of us. I know nothing on earth lasts forever, but I really thought Don was going to win the battle. He fought until the very end and never lost hope. His courage and strength is an inspiration to all. In whatever we do in life, if we can aspire to be even just as much as half as strong that Don was, then we know we're doing well.

It was a very touching gesture of Carrie to send flowers. As Heather & others have said, not many other celebrities would do something like that for a common fan. We knew we found our idol eight years ago, but she continues to prove it day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year in all she does. Bob Dylan, a few years ago, released an album titled Together Through Life. It truly is an honor to be a small part of the CFs community as we go through our journey in life together. Even though Don was taken from us much too soon, our journey would not have been the same without him. Play On, Don, and we'll See You Again somewhere in the future.
    glenn7, DaisyTweets, HuiZ and 7 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by showheryoucare View Post
    My memory isn't as good as it used to be, but I still remember that show like it was yesterday. That was a fun show. And I remember Don and all of us sitting around at a table, with Don smiling about the let's just say "interesting" conversation that was taking place that day (those that were there know what I'm talking about )

It's been a rough week for all of us. I know nothing on earth lasts forever, but I really thought Don was going to win the battle. He fought until the very end and never lost hope. His courage and strength is an inspiration to all. In whatever we do in life, if we can aspire to be even just as much as half as strong that Don was, then we know we're doing well.

It was a very touching gesture of Carrie to send flowers. As Heather & others have said, not many other celebrities would do something like that for a common fan. We knew we found our idol eight years ago, but she continues to prove it day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year in all she does. Bob Dylan, a few years ago, released an album titled Together Through Life. It truly is an honor to be a small part of the CFs community as we go through our journey in life together. Even though Don was taken from us much too soon, our journey would not have been the same without him. Play On, Don, and we'll See You Again somewhere in the future.
    Such an inspiring words. I wish I would have known him too, he seems to be a remarkable man who shared the same interest as us(Carrie). RIP Don. Carrie is truly an inspiration.

This is just prove that our beloved Carrie is a great role model an HUMAN BEING!
    Very sad with Don's news. RIP!
    rainbow1 likes this.

This thread made me tear up. Wonderful, amazing story.

I remember Don on CF back then but I wish I would have known him more.

Thank you so much for such a beautiful post.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars

well said! I bet we will see him again someday. And I bet he was thrilled Carrie sent him flowers.

Concert Stars

I don't remember the conversation. I was at that show, but maybe I missed the conversation.

Concert Stars
    I didn't know Don but sorry to hear about his passing.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that Carrie sent flowers to one of her fans that died. Carrie is so caring even with her fans

Concert Stars
    Thoughts and prayers go out to Don's family during this difficult time...I did not know him, but he sounds like a wonderful man. And I'm so pleased that Carrie sent her condolences in such a personal, meaningful way.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    carrie is so amazing. RIP, mr. don turner.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is such a caring person. She has a heart of gold. It was nice of her to send flowers to a fan. May he rest in peace. So sad.

Concert Stars
    I'm so sorry to hear the passing of Don.I was one of the lucky one who won one of early CF contest,a tour book signed by Carrie.That's my avatar here.Don was the one who mail that to me.:-(:-(...Rest in peace Don.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast