Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Like Tree635Likes

Thread: See You Again Video: Official Discussion Thread

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    ^^^Be a bit cautious about Warren's book and his theology. It's a bit too much man and too little God.

Also, the NLT has lots of God's love that's not well balanced by His holiness, righteousness and judgment. Much of the original Greek meaning in passages are lost in this "lovey, dovey" translation.

Sorry for the OT post.
    Thanks!

I have been reading "The Purpose Driven Life" of Rick Warren, NLT version of the Bible and New King James Version of the Bible! However, DEEP IN MY HEART, I DO BELIEVE THAT - We know that all things work for good for those who love God. While man and woman were originally created in God's image, it is through baptism into Christ, the image of God, that we are renewed according to the image of the Creator. The all-conquering power of God's love has overcome every obstacle to Christians' salvation and every threat to separate us from God. That power manifested itself fully when God's own Son was delivered up to death for our salvation. Through Him Christians can overcome all our afflictions and trials.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    In 2003 - 2004:

Mike Fisher - A natural result of hanging out with Christ every day is steady spiritual growth and wisdom - not just knowing biblical facts and stories but applying what you know. Knowledge is only the beginning. The HEART plus PRAYER leads to REAL WISDOM.

Although Mike lived in a hotbed of pressure and temptation that claims athletes and professionals every day, Mike showed UNUSUAL MATURITY and he demonstrated UNCOMMON WISDOM like avoiding places that lead only to pain, letting the frustrations of living with impossible expectations be handled by God instead of in public, and leading with actions instead of merely talking a good talk.

Mike's growing godly wisdom also helped him HANDLE HARDSHIPS and KEEP HIS BALANCE through SETBACKS. And Mike was IN FOR "A BIG ONE" - SERIOUS INJURIES and MANY INJURIES!!!

Mike Fisher believes like I do that - the Christian vocation, his vocation and my vocation as it was designed by God: to be conformed to the IMAGE of HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST - Mike has come to realize that playing in the NHL is only a small part of WHO HE IS and not the part that defines him. "It is hard for me to describe how lucky I feel to be playing the game I love. I am very fortunate to be able to make a living playing hockey, but I have come to realize that playing in the NHL is only a small part of WHO I AM and not the part that defines me. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is what I BELIEVE TRULY defines a person and how we find eternal significance", Mike said.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    In 2003 - 2004:

Mike Fisher - A natural result of hanging out with Christ every day is steady spiritual growth and wisdom - not just knowing biblical facts and stories but applying what you know. Knowledge is only the beginning. The HEART plus PRAYER leads to REAL WISDOM.

Although Mike lived in a hotbed of pressure and temptation that claims athletes and professionals every day, Mike showed UNUSUAL MATURITY and he demonstrated UNCOMMON WISDOM like avoiding places that lead only to pain, letting the frustrations of living with impossible expectations be handled by God instead of in public, and leading with actions instead of merely talking a good talk.

Mike's growing godly wisdom also helped him HANDLE HARDSHIPS and KEEP HIS BALANCE through SETBACKS. And Mike was IN FOR "A BIG ONE" - SERIOUS INJURIES and MANY INJURIES!!!

Mike Fisher believes like I do that - the Christian vocation, his vocation and my vocation as it was designed by God: to be conformed to the IMAGE of HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST - Mike has come to realize that playing in the NHL is only a small part of WHO HE IS and not the part that defines him. "It is hard for me to describe how lucky I feel to be playing the game I love. I am very fortunate to be able to make a living playing hockey, but I have come to realize that playing in the NHL is only a small part of WHO I AM and not the part that defines me. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is what I BELIEVE TRULY defines a person and how we find eternal significance", Mike said.
    Carrie Underwood being married to Mike Fisher - Carrie is "ONE" of the LUCKIEST WOMEN in the whole world!!!

A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with "Jesus Christ" leads to changes in our understanding of RIGHT and WRONG BEHAVIOR and to changes in our relationship with other humans. As we are being transformed MORE COMPLETELY into the "PERFECT" IMAGE of GOD'S SON, JESUS CHRIST, it is essential that we have a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with "Jesus Christ". We must not neglect the practical way in which the "PERFECT" IMAGE of GOD'S SON, JESUS CHRIST expresses itself, and that is in terms of OUR MORALITY - our relationship with other humans. Jesus Christ is the PERFECT image of God. As we are re-created in His image, by His presence in us through our PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Him and as we are renewed through baptism into Christ, we are being changed primarily in our morality - in our relationship with other humans and WITH GOD.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood proud of latest music video | Entertainment News

Carrie Underwood admits the concept of the clip to "See You Again" is rather obvious. But the country star says the director took a very broad approach to the subject, and even included those mourning loved ones who have passed away.

Underwood adds that she's really proud of the video, and she's received an "amazing response" to the clip.

"See You Again" is the fourth single from Carrie's most recent album, Blown Away.
    mbh and opry051008 like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    In 2003 - 2004:

What does Mike Fisher MEAN in "how we find eternal significance" ? - At the CROSS God broke the power of sin and pronounced sentence on it. WE, Christians still RETAIN THE "FLESH", but it is ALIEN to our NEW BEING, which is LIFE IN THE SPIRIT - namely the NEW SELF, GOVERNED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Under the direction of the HOLY SPIRIT, we, Christians are able to fulfill the DIVINE WILL that formerly found expression IN THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD - the same Spirit who enlivens Christians for holiness will also RESURRECT our BODIES at the LAST DAY. CHRISTIAN LIFE is therefore the EXPERIENCE of a CONSTANT CHALLENGE to PUT to DEATH - the "EVIL DEEDS" of the BODY through life of the spirit.

WE, Christians, by reason of the Spirit's presence WITHIN OURSELVES, enjoy not only NEW LIFE, but, also a NEW "PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP" to God, THROUGH CHRIST - that of ADOPTED CHILDREN and HEIRS THROUGH CHRIST, whose SUFFERINGS and GLORY - WE SHARE WITH CHRIST.

The GLORY that we, the believers are destined "TO SHARE WITH CHRIST" far exceeds the SUFFERINGS in our PRESENT LIFE.

What does Mike Fisher MEAN in "how we find eternal significance" ? - At the CROSS God broke the power of sin and pronounced sentence on it. WE, Christians still RETAIN THE "FLESH", but it is ALIEN to our NEW BEING, which is LIFE IN THE SPIRIT - namely the NEW SELF, GOVERNED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Under the direction of the HOLY SPIRIT, we, Christians are able to fulfill the DIVINE WILL that formerly found expression IN THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD - the same Spirit who enlivens Christians for holiness will also RESURRECT our BODIES at the LAST DAY. CHRISTIAN LIFE is therefore the EXPERIENCE of a CONSTANT CHALLENGE to PUT to DEATH - the "EVIL DEEDS" of the BODY through life of the spirit.

WE, Christians, by reason of the Spirit's presence WITHIN OURSELVES, enjoy not only NEW LIFE, but, also a NEW "PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP" to God, THROUGH CHRIST - that of ADOPTED CHILDREN and HEIRS THROUGH CHRIST, whose SUFFERINGS and GLORY - WE SHARE WITH CHRIST.

The GLORY that we, the believers are destined "TO SHARE WITH CHRIST" far exceeds the SUFFERINGS in our PRESENT LIFE.
    Why on earth are you ranting? What purpose does this post serve and of what relevance is it to the thread? Why are you quoting yourself? What even...
    Burst and maddkat like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

So, Mike Fisher BELIEVES TRULY like I DO that - the destiny of the created world to be LINKED with the future that belongs to the believers. As it shares in the penalty of corruption brought about by sin, so also will it share in the benefits of REDEMPTION and FUTURE GLORY that comprise the ultimate liberation of God's people. AFTER "PATIENT ENDURANCE IN STEADFAST EXPECTATION, the FULL HARVEST of the "Spirit's presence" WILL BE REALIZED. On earth, BELIEVERS enjoy the firstfruits - i.e., "the Spirit" as a guarantee of the total liberation of their "BODIES" from the influence of the rebellious "OLD SELF".

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    mbh: please take all your Mike Fisher related posts elsewhere. This thread is for the SYA video in which Mike and his book has very little to do with. Perhaps you can start a thread on Mike Fisher and his book in some applicable section on this website.
    opry051008 and Burst like this.

My friend was asking about See You Again earlier because she said she heard the song on the radio and she liked it. I showed her the video and she really liked it. Well, that is, until it made her cry. She loved the video and got so emotional and said she loved both the song and the video.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing that with us, Burst. See You Again (the song and video) has really touched people. It has a universal message. The video was captured beautifully. I always feel emotional when I watch it. It's one of Carrie's best videos, IMO.
    Burst likes this.

•  
    Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021