Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: The Sound of Music Air Date

Concert Stars

The Sound of Music Air Date

I didn't see where this had been posted but I just read that "The Sound of Music" will be airing on Thursday, December 5. It will be three hours long on NBC.

Here's the link: NBC To Air 'Sound Of Music' Live Show Dec. 5 - Deadline.com

Awesome! I was thinking we'd have to wait until closer to Christmas, so I'm glad to hear it will be at the beginning of December. I imagine they'll probably re-air it a few times throughout December too, or at least once closer to Christmas.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That's great...can hardly wait.

Concert Stars
    I hope they reair it too like they reaired carries fox special. More promo for carrie!

Concert Stars
    Plus I am sure this is costing some $ to produce, so they will want to get their moneys worth out of it!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Here's the link: NBC To Air 'Sound Of Music' Live Show Dec. 5 - Deadline.com

Awesome! I was thinking we'd have to wait until closer to Christmas, so I'm glad to hear it will be at the beginning of December. I imagine they'll probably re-air it a few times throughout December too, or at least once closer to Christmas.
    This was my thought as well when I read that it was going to be at the beginning of the month. Actually, I'm kinda surprised that it isn't airing in Nov. during sweeps but I guess they must be hoping that their new fall schedule will be packed with hits so they'll want to air wonderful episodes of those shows -- mind you I'm saying this tongue in cheek because the last time NBC had more than a few successful shows was decades ago!!!

Wow the fall is going to be packed with cool Carrie stuff -- her and Brad co-hosting the CMAs in Nov on ABC and then the Sound of Music in Dec. on NBC. What can we get her on on CBS so she'll hit all the major networks??????
    (smiley face)
    Cathie Wynkoop and gna like this.

Concert Stars
    Ohhh, Thank you for posting the date. I am marking this on my calendar and making sure I have nothing doing that evening. Three Hours of Carrie. Loving this. Hope it will be on repeat for years to come.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

They better release it on DVD or someone needs to cap it and put it on YouTube that or nbc needs to upload it to their site to watch for a limited time that or hulu plus or Netflix

Concert Stars
    So apparently it is not before a live audience- just a studio taping. That is good for Carrie as less pressure then a live audience-- but I wish we could buy tickets. Oh well.

Oh, wow. This entire time I had pictured a live performance in front of a huge theatre. So it is a studio taping that is live? That'll be very interesting to see. I wonder how they will pull of the beautiful outdoor scenes on a sound stage.
    teesharky likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    just letting everyone know that the AG-bill in Tn. Bill Haslam is going to veto this. very happy about this since Iam from Tn.
    Carrie is also very happy two.

The producer on twitter said they are taping on multiple sound stages, so I assume they will have multiple sets. Make sense then that they wouldn't have a live audience, it would be very difficult to configure seeing as it's live. If it weren't live they may be able to set up a studio audience like they do with some sitcoms, but as a live show it just wouldn't work logistically.

Concert Stars
    ^ I guess I figured it would be like a regular Broadway show, which is always live....and they would just tape it and show it live? I guess I am not sure what logistics would not work for that?

But maybe you are right and it just wouldn't work that way. Either way-- it will be amazing!

Looking forward to this. I guess they will re-air this a few times throughout December, which will be a huge promo for Carrie. More sales for the BA album lol! Going for that 2x platinum
    epicamends likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I guess I figured it would be like a regular Broadway show, which is always live....and they would just tape it and show it live? I guess I am not sure what logistics would not work for that?

But maybe you are right and it just wouldn't work that way. Either way-- it will be amazing!
    Well, they're not filming it in a theatre like a Broadway show. A live audience would be fine for that. But the way they're actually doing it is on sound stages, likely with multiple sets. If it were a sound stage similar to a sitcom and they were taping it ahead of time a studio audience would be possible, but since they're doing it live it would be extremely difficult. Especially with it being three hours long. There's just too many variables and too many things that could go wrong with a big audience with it being live.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    So it is like taping an episode of Friends, only without the live audience and fake laugh tracks? haha

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Maybe someone can tweet the producer and ask him if there's any plans for them to have a dvd of the show???? It sure would be cool if they already have plans to do that. I know I for one would be first in line to buy a copy or two!!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    NO!!! I was hoping it would be mid-December! I can't skip my finals for this! Does anyone know when tickets will set for sale?

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Am I the only one who really isn't excited about this?Probably.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by 10is4love View Post
    NO!!! I was hoping it would be mid-December! I can't skip my finals for this! Does anyone know when tickets will set for sale?
    No tickets there isn't a live audience. It's a live performance but not with audience.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast