Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: New blog 5-8-13

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

New blog 5-8-13

She's sorry for those that didn't get invited to the FCP.
    The FC will get first look at the exhibit ( not sure if thats the ones at the FCP or if they're going to tour it online)They're planning something that everyone can participate in (lol, she's said that before)

she's doing her best not to let anyone down

Carrie Guru
    To late, I'm already let down. : (
    glenn7 likes this.

Hil
    That's cool about something that everyone can particiapte in, but ahh...I don't think most will be going to Nashville if they are not invited to the fanclub party. I did the CMA fest thing for about five years, and now only go for the party. Someone said she's doing a M&G this year, but maybe they just misunderstood and think by having an invitation she's going to do one. If so, she needs to keep it that way and select a completely new batch of people next year to keep it fair.

Congrats to all who got the invite. Carrie's parties are always fun!
    glenn7, robinannhunt and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    So does this mean we should have already gotten emails about the fan club party invitation?

Concert Stars
    Here's the deal.. I know that because Dolly Parton felt like she couldn't please all her fanclub members she disbanded her fanclub.. I hope Carrie never feels like that.. I love having the Fanclub.. I think it's really cool that the ones picked to go this year for the party get the see the exhibit first!!
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Ohh, I was just on the site a little while ago and no blog, Just missed her. Gonna check the new blog out. Thanks for the tip.

Ty
    I think she's referring to the SYA video. Not sure how we'd all participate in that, though.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    So does this mean we should have already gotten emails about the fan club party invitation?
    yes, they were sent out last night.

I doubt Carrie will get rid of her fanclub...but if she ever felt like that just move it back to the Opry. If she keeps it like this I don't think the same people should get one until everyone that hasn't gone to the new one gets a chance. I'm just saying keep it fair.
    robinannhunt and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    yes, they were sent out last night.

I doubt Carrie will get rid of her fanclub...but if she ever felt like that just move it back to the Opry. If she keeps it like this I don't think the same people should get one until everyone that hasn't gone to the new one gets a chance. I'm just saying keep it fair.
    The problem is Hil, it seems that we see the same folks over & over getting meet & greets. I have been to a lot of her shows, signed up every time & nada, zip, zero...less than one. I have the distinct feeling the same thing is happening with this party.

Oh well, saved me a bunch of money not going to Nashville. I'm going to miss seeing everyone again & I feel badly for all those that got air fare & hotels & Opry tickets thinking they would get the invite to the party.
    robinannhunt, glenn7 and jaws931 like this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    The problem is Hil, it seems that we see the same folks over & over getting meet & greets. I have been to a lot of her shows, signed up every time & nada, zip, zero...less than one. I have the distinct feeling the same thing is happening with this party.

Oh well, saved me a bunch of money not going to Nashville. I'm going to miss seeing everyone again & I feel badly for all those that got air fare & hotels & Opry tickets thinking they would get the invite to the party.
    Really? I never get one either lol. I didn't even get the free membership you were suppossed to get after being a member for so many years and I was one of the first to join. I guess I don't talk to a lot of people at the fanclub so I have no idea what goes on. I just renew my membership and sign up for stuff and usually never get selected. Although, I did get to attend last year's fanclub party, but I think everyone did, right?

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm sure some won't like me for saying this, but I hate the idea of paying fanclubs. It inevitably makes dedicated fans feel left out because they can't afford membership, and it makes even those that can afford membership feel left out when things like this happen. It would be nice if Carrie simply had a fanclub where one didn't need to pay. For the FCP, they could find another way to issue entrance. Maybe it could be by contest or something.
    I feel bad for those of you that paid your hard-earned money only to be let down by not getting an invite to the FCP this year.
    Carrieflattsfan, HuiZ and fifigal like this.

Concert Stars
    But $25 is so cheap! It is the same price that every other fanclub charges. And most big artists of Carrie's stature do not even HAVE fanclub parties. Those that do- charge an admission fee to the party. Carrie does this all for us for free when she doesnt have to. I think people need to appreciate that.

when is the last time Taylor or Kenny held fanclub parties? Possibly never. Carrie is as big a star as they are and she still has fanclub parties when she really doesnt have to. That goes to her integrity.

I feel really bad for those who got screwed out of tge opry and fc party that had booked flights and hotels etc. But she is doing her very best for us. The live stream will be really cool and she has something else planned too per her blog.

I felt bad that she had to block an actual Socalled Carrie fan on twitter for bashing her SYA arrangement in comparison to krees. Carrie was shocked that person was a fan on the fanclub! It must have been pretty harsh.

I guess my point is that we need to be careful of what we say on twitter etc as Carrie reads the tweets- and her feelings were hurt enough to block some supposed fan. If everyone keeps complaining she may stop fc parties altogether. I just think she meant well snd did not mean to inconvenience anyone. She was trying to do something cool and different this year with Hall of Fame exhibit.

But I do feel bad for everyone that got shut out. I don't blame you for being frustrated and disappointed. I just think Carrie had the best of intentions which was evident in her blog.
    liz278, robinannhunt, Hil and 3 others like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Not invited. I have gone ever since the conception of the CUFC. The $25 gets me a shirt I wear all the the time. I have 12 shirts including the party shirts. The party is free! I am not going to bad mouth a girl that tries hard to please her fans. I am content with the last few years and am proud to be a fan of this gorl.
    Hil, glenn7, maddkat and 6 others like this.

Hil
    I think the fanclub is cool. I don't spend much time posting, but I like the extras. The only wish that I have is that she would do her pre-sale like Brad Paisley.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

I feel really bad for those who got screwed out of tge opry and fc party that had booked flights and hotels etc. But she is doing her very best for us. The live stream will be really cool and she has something else planned too per her blog.

I felt bad that she had to block an actual Socalled Carrie fan on twitter for bashing her SYA arrangement in comparison to krees. Carrie was shocked that person was a fan on the fanclub! It must have been pretty harsh.

I guess my point is that we need to be careful of what we say on twitter etc as Carrie reads the tweets- and her feelings were hurt enough to block some supposed fan. If everyone keeps complaining she may stop fc parties altogether. I just think she meant well snd did not mean to inconvenience anyone. She was trying to do something cool and different this year with Hall of Fame exhibit.

But I do feel bad for everyone that got shut out. I don't blame you for being frustrated and disappointed. I just think Carrie had the best of intentions which was evident in her blog.
    I too feel badly for the people who are disappointed. I don't really see anything wrong with making changes to the format but I agree with those that say they should have made that known to fans much earlier. There is plenty to do during that week and at least two other opportunities to see Carrie for those that have already made plans to travel to Nashville so hopefully they can still have fun.

I wonder about the fan that she blocked on Twitter. Does anybody know who she is or what she said. I find it hard to believe she would have been blocked if she simply liked Kree's arrangement better. I'm thinking she was probably rude about it.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Just to be clear, my anti-fanclub post was not meant as a diss to Carrie at all. I realize that Carrie doesn't have control over such matters. She isn't the one who chooses to charge a fee for the club, or how many people can come to the FCP party.
    I realize that Carrie does everything she can to accommodate all members of the fanclub.

Tee, $25 might not be a lot to you, but it is to some people. For some people, that $25 is needed for things far more important than fanclub membership.

Since you brought up other artists, I did some snooping. Kenny's fanclub price is also $25. He doesn't have an FCP every year, but the membership does grant similar things as Carrie's. Taylor doesn't have an actual fanclub where people pay money. Blake's fanclub is free to join as of last year and still offers most of the same perks as paying clubs. Miranda's fanclub is $20 with similar perks.
    teesharky and Carrieflattsfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    Here's the deal.. I know that because Dolly Parton felt like she couldn't please all her fanclub members she disbanded her fanclub.. I hope Carrie never feels like that.. I love having the Fanclub.. I think it's really cool that the ones picked to go this year for the party get the see the exhibit first!!
    Agree. I am worried she will just give up and cancel all future fanclub parties as there were so nany complaints on twitter etc. They may feel frustrated and say screw it.

Taylor has never had a fanclub party yet she is supposed to be so good to her fans? I think Carrie wins there.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Agree. I am worried she will just give up and cancel all future fanclub parties as there were so nany complaints on twitter etc. They may feel frustrated and say screw it.

Taylor has never had a fanclub party yet she is supposed to be so good to her fans? I think Carrie wins there.
    Read my post just above yours, Tee. Taylor doesn't have a organized fanclub, so it would make it difficult to have a FANCLUB party if no such thing exists (wink). I didn't realize Carrie being nice to her fans was part of a competition with Taylor that she had to win lol. Why is everything a competition for you?
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Hil
    The fan who was blocked must have said something pretty bad. I remember Kazzoo tweeting Carrie to her account a ton of negative things about SYA being released as a single. she still wished him a happy birthday...& he was pretty rude about it.
    liveasong and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I realize that there are a LOT of people upset about not being invited to the FCP, but to include Carrie in your anger is just wrong. I know that is why she wrote that blog was because there were so many angry tweets to her directly. I still don't get that about people. I would be disappointed too, but I wouldn't tweet Carrie about something she has no control over.

And that girl that was blocked, deleted her tweets that were so bad. She is a Carrie fan, but she is a rabid Kree fan. I read through her tweets and I have not seen that from someone in a LONG time!

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast