Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: SYA Cover on American Idol!

  1. #1
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    711

    SYA Cover on American Idol!

    Remember to watch American Idol this Wed because Kree Harrison will be covering SYA!

    American Idol 12 Top 4 Redux - Then and Now Song Spoilers

  • #2
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinc View Post
    Remember to watch American Idol this Wed because Kree Harrison will be covering SYA!

    American Idol 12 Top 4 Redux - Then and Now Song Spoilers
    IF this is true, it will be the stupidest song choice Kree would ever make ! Why would she sing a song that a few weeks ago was being sung by the original artist (who is a megastar) on the same stage ?....aaah....unbelievable...
    maddkat likes this.

  • #3
    Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    IF this is true, it will be the stupidest song choice Kree would ever make ! Why would she sing a song that a few weeks ago was being sung by the original artist (who is a megastar) on the same stage ?....aaah....unbelievable...

    It is TRUE. Kree's singing SYA this week..unless she makes a last-minute change which is almost impossible....
    Kree will sing well ONLY IF she rearrange the music into IDOL-MOMENT type....
    (like how Kris Allen did Heartless, which Kanye'd performed on Idol weeks before Kris sang it live)
    BUT based on her recent performances and comments by audiences/fans, she is likely sticking to the original....

    (I have a feeling she has the 'pimp' spot this week. If "Hits of 2013" is for 2nd round (means Standards - 1st round), Kree should have chosen Blown Away (Acoustic Grammy version)
    That'd be EPIC.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLikesCarrie View Post
    It is TRUE. Kree's singing SYA this week..unless she makes a last-minute change which is almost impossible....
    Kree will sing well ONLY IF she rearrange the music into IDOL-MOMENT type....
    (like how Kris Allen did Heartless, which Kanye'd performed on Idol weeks before Kris sang it live)
    BUT based on her recent performances and comments by audiences/fans, she is likely sticking to the original....

    (I have a feeling she has the 'pimp' spot this week. If "Hits of 2013" is for 2nd round (means Standards - 1st round), Kree should have chosen Blown Away (Acoustic Grammy version)
    That'd be EPIC.
    "Blown Away" is better for Kree because Carrie did not sing "Blown Away" a few weeks ago .

  • #5
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,785
    Concert Stars
    this is not the smartest move by Kree, unless she thinks she'll get Carrie fans to vote for her.
    She'll have to change up the arrangement so as not to be compared to Carrie's performance of a few weeks ago.
    jimshoe likes this.

  • #6
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    809
    In fairness to Kree, there has to be a reason why she chooses SYA. Perhaps the beautiful simple spiritual messages have special meaning to her heart as she lost both parent. Whether the Judges & the voters like her version, it remains to be seen. what I’m more interesting of is how will Jimmy critic Kree’s song choice of Carrie especially after last week when he practically torn up “Whiter Shade of Pale” as corny song which had been covered by such great artists like Annie Lennox, Joe cocker, Sara Brightman, Percy Sledge & Eric Clapton.
    [Listen to Kree studio version, it was beautiful].


    At this stage, it doesn’t matter what great song Kree chooses, the verdict is already written on the wall, the show is looking for a more commercialize winner. Witnesses how Keith suddenly turned around criticizing Kree after months of continue praising.

    Hopefully, Kree choice of SYA we can see her again next week.

  • #7
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    711
    my guess the reason for her doing SYA is simply bcos she lost both her parents, it would be emotional for her to do so.

    well, if kree sings well, there might be a boost for SYA and the album...so why not?

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,890
    Well, SOMEONE needs to sing the bloody song!

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,916
    If anyone could cover See You Again, Kree can. I'm sure she will sing it well, the question is whether she will be able to connect with the audience well. She needs that almost forces her to connect and I'm not sure if See You Again is that song. I thought she showed more personality last week than in previous weeks so I hope she really brings her A game.

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan pandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,065
    Concert Stars
    This will bring more exposure to SYA. I am all for it.
    pklongbeach and ydumarp like this.

  • #11
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    992
    great taste ;D

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,916
    Quote Originally Posted by c.u. brought me here View Post
    In fairness to Kree, there has to be a reason why she chooses SYA. Perhaps the beautiful simple spiritual messages have special meaning to her heart as she lost both parent. Whether the Judges & the voters like her version, it remains to be seen. what I’m more interesting of is how will Jimmy critic Kree’s song choice of Carrie especially after last week when he practically torn up “Whiter Shade of Pale” as corny song which had been covered by such great artists like Annie Lennox, Joe cocker, Sara Brightman, Percy Sledge & Eric Clapton.
    [Listen to Kree studio version, it was beautiful].


    At this stage, it doesn’t matter what great song Kree chooses, the verdict is already written on the wall, the show is looking for a more commercialize winner. Witnesses how Keith suddenly turned around criticizing Kree after months of continue praising.

    Hopefully, Kree choice of SYA we can see her again next week.
    I don't know anyone's back story this year so if that is why she chose SYA for that reason she might have chose the perfect song to connect to. I think its a really ambitious song choice for Kree so I hope it pays off.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,466
    Concert Stars
    I haven't watched AI in years except for Carrie's appearances, but additional exposure for the song can't hurt, whether she sings it well or not.

  • #14
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    I actually think it is a great choice.
    I mean, aside from the "why not?" factor, they all have to pick songs from 2013. Choosing a carrie song is great!
    And I think SYA is a much more mainstream melodic choice than something like BA.

    IT will be something that is very relevant and current right now, it will support people hearing the song, it will "potencially" help with sales and expossure, it will put Kree in a much younger light, and yes, it could potencially be the song that can elevate her emotional connection with her audience.

    I think it is amazing!!

    (i've been hard on KRee lately because of her safe, boring posturing. This is the first sign of "I wanna win this" that I have actually seen from her all season.

    I'm thrilled!

  • #15
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,785
    Concert Stars
    I'm good with Kree singing SYA, as it'll be great exposure for the song!
    But please don't let her singing be accompanied by a slide show of her and her parents.Sorry, not sorry
    I've had enough back story sympathy voting for one season.
    pklongbeach and Mirasa45A like this.

  • #16
    Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    13,711
    Concert Stars
    Darn I'm so gonna miss it because I have class hopefully Kree will blow away the judges with her cover of SYA

  • #17
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I'm good with Kree singing SYA, as it'll be great exposure for the song!
    But please don't let her singing be accompanied by a slide show of her and her parents.Sorry, not sorry
    I've had enough back story sympathy voting for one season.
    Totally agree. When you are in a competition, it is not fair to give people "moments" like that at the expense of other contestants who don't happen to have the same sad luck story to offer the voters.
    Just not cool for a competition.
    Maybe good for TV, but not a fair competition.

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,858
    Concert Stars
    Very interesting song choice. I do love hearing a good Carrie cover though, since her songs are always hard to sing and do justice to. I love Kree's voice but don't know how she'll sound on it. It didn't seem like she was into SYA when Carrie performed it - but of course the contestants were only shown very briefly and she just may not have been expressing herself visually.

  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,742
    Maybe she will cover SYA because she lost somebody important for her!, because she have respect for Carrie, or simply because she loves the song! I dont see the problem, its more free promo for SYA!

    And if she is in the final and her cover is AMAZING then Carrie can sing with her in the final, WHO KNOWS?

    Give her a chance guys!

    And probably after her performance tomorrow SYA will jump to the top 100 in itunes.
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #20
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinc View Post
    my guess the reason for her doing SYA is simply bcos she lost both her parents, it would be emotional for her to do so.

    well, if kree sings well, there might be a boost for SYA and the album...so why not?

    Excellent point.. this could be her chance to finally show emotion and if she talks about why she chosethe song she could really tug at the viewers hearts.
    Of course if she shows no emotion again she'll be in trouble.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 04-14-2011, 08:29 AM
    2. American Idol Tweet Hints of a Carrie Appearance on Idol This year!
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: 04-01-2011, 09:39 PM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-24-2011, 03:38 AM
    5. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •