Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Fan Club Party To Be Live Streamed From Country Music Hall of Fame!!!!

Concert Stars

Fan Club Party To Be Live Streamed From Country Music Hall of Fame!!!!

Carrie Underwood.fm

ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THE 2013 FAN CLUB PARTY!

05/24/13 
The Official Carrie Underwood Fan Club is gearing up for this year's Fan Club Party on Tuesday, June 4th at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, TN!

For a chance to attend Carrie's Fan Club party, visit the Fan Club Party event page then under contests, click on the "Enter Now" button. By clicking the "Enter Now" button, your name will be entered to win an invitation to the Fan Club Party .

CLICK HERE TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO ATTEND
    The last day to RSVP for a chance to attend is Saturday, May 4th. E-mail confirmations will be sent out to winners on Tuesday, May 7th. If you do not receive an email invitation by Tuesday, May 7th you are not eligible to attend the 2013 Carrie Underwood Fan Club party.

NOTE: Due to venue restrictions, space will be very limited this year. RSVP-ing for a chance to attend the Fan Club Party does not guarantee you an invitation.

Fan Club members who are unable to attend can still join in on the fun online through our exclusive live stream! Stay tuned to www.carrieunderwood.fm for more details!

Ty
    Does anyone know how many ppl usually attend the FC parties? They only have room for 213 this year.

Concert Stars
    Man...I may have jumped the gun on getting airplane and Opry tix this year. Yikes!
    glenn7 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ They had over 1000 attendees last year I believe. So that is quite a smaller number. But they are making up for it with the online stream.

So cool it is at Hall of Fame! Her exhibit will be up then too!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Does anyone know how many ppl usually attend the FC parties? They only have room for 213 this year.
    Just curious where you got that figure?

Ty
    Nvm. I think I'm wrong.

I'm just looking at the CMHOF's concert area venue sizes here: Venue Rental - Expansion Spaces Country Music Hall of Fame

Yay for the live stream glad I renewed my membership
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Nvm. I think I'm wrong.

I'm just looking at the CMHOF's concert area venue sizes here: Venue Rental - Expansion Spaces Country Music Hall of Fame
    No worries-I checked that too and saw that they were expanding in October. It still looks like even before that they have some decent sized spaces depending where they decide to host it and how intimite they decide to make it.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ They had over 1000 attendees last year I believe. So that is quite a smaller number. But they are making up for it with the online stream.

So cool it is at Hall of Fame! Her exhibit will be up then too!
    making up for it? A lot of people have plane and hotel reservations,non refundable ones and now to be told this year we're going to greatly limit the number that gets to go.No the live stream does not make up for that.

I am glad they're streaming it for those who can't get to Nashville

if she was going to limit it like this she should have told us bac in January at the latest.
    opry051008, jaws931 and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Cool... I love the online stream idea.. I'll have to be sure to ask off for work(or call in sick!)

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    Man...I may have jumped the gun on getting airplane and Opry tix this year. Yikes!
    I sure hope you get invited. For me I only jumped the gun with Opry tickets and thank goodness I didn't book a non-refundable hotel.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    making up for it? A lot of people have plane and hotel reservations,non refundable ones and now to be told this year we're going to greatly limit the number that gets to go.no the live stream does not make up for that.

I am glad they're streaming it for those who can't get to nashville

if she was going to limit it like this she should have told us bac in january at the latest.
    this!!!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Me too. Thank goodness I didn't book a non-refundable hotel.
    From someone who travels most of the year, I can attest that non-refundable hotels are NEVER a good idea. At worst I guess there is ebay and scalper sights for the Opry tix and a small penalty for the airfare (which might be covered if we get a good deal on ebay, lol). It stinks, but it's hard to be mad. We all (myself included) made an assumption. While it would have been nice for earlier notification (period) or at least some earlier indication that things might be changed up and to hold off on bookings, it is what it is. And who knows...depending on which space they use there, they may end up having room for a massive amount of people....or not. T.B.D.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    From someone who travels most of the year, I can attest that non-refundable hotels are NEVER a good idea. At worst I guess there is ebay and scalper sights for the Opry tix and a small penalty for the airfare (which might be covered if we get a good deal on ebay, lol). It stinks, but it's hard to be mad. We all (myself included) made an assumption. While it would have been nice for earlier notification (period) or at least some earlier indication that things might be changed up and to hold off on bookings, it is what it is. And who knows...depending on which space they use there, they may end up having room for a massive amount of people....or not. T.B.D.
    Thanks for the travel tip. I'll remember that one.

You're a better person than me. I would be mad. (smiley)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    making up for it? A lot of people have plane and hotel reservations,non refundable ones and now to be told this year we're going to greatly limit the number that gets to go.No the live stream does not make up for that.

if she was going to limit it like this she should have told us bac in January at the latest.

For sure, gonna mess up about 800 Carrie Fans plans for sure.

Concert Stars

just curious, why would people make these reservations when now it's said it's going to be at the Hall of Fame and only a few number of people can go when no one knows of the details about the fan club party? is it always at the same place every year? I just joined the fan club last year so I'm just asking lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    just curious, why would people make these reservations when now it's said it's going to be at the Hall of Fame and only a few number of people can go when no one knows of the details about the fan club party? is it always at the same place every year? I just joined the fan club last year so I'm just asking lol
    It's always at the Opry on Tuesday during CMA fest week (except I think the first year? and the year of the flood) and everyone who's wants to go from the FC usually gets to go. I always book the Opry tickets well in advance because I want to get a good seat and the majority of tickets are usually sold before Carrie is even announced to be performing. Since it's the CMA fest week, if you book hotels in advance you can usually get a better rate than waiting till closer to the time.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for the travel tip. I'll remember that one.

You're a better person than me. I would be mad. (smiley)

LOL-too easy to be mad. While I wish we'd had earlier notification that things might be different, at no point anywhere did I ever see that we were guaranteed free entrance to a massive FC party every year. I've been to them all from the beginning and even when we "applied" for those ones, they were clear that we weren't guaranteed admission. Granted we all know that anyone who applied got in, but they were cautious with their wording. To be clear, I'm not siding with them-it would have been really nice of them to let us know MUCH further in advance that things might be different this year. But on the flip side and speaking only for myself, I know that I made the broad assumption that this would again be the case and went ahead with plans without having even so much as a confirmed date of the event. Alas, a case of it is what it is.

At the end of the day, we don't even have a clue how many could potentially be invited to this event, so I'm not going to sweat it.

For those with already confirmed bookings (air/hotel), don't lose any sleep about the $$. Hotels are very forgiving of the non-refundable fee if you have a sufficiently good excuse (this not being one of them)-especially if you're able to give them a bit of notice and especially considering their high rate of demand just prior to CMA Fest week.

Airlines will give you a credit minus a service fee. If you got your Opry tix without a scalper/ebay, then you should more than make up that cost in re-sale on a scalper/ebay site.

Fingers crossed that none of us need to sweat any of this!
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    It's always at the Opry on Tuesday during CMA fest week (except I think the first year? and the year of the flood) and everyone who's wants to go from the FC usually gets to go. I always book the Opry tickets well in advance because I want to get a good seat and the majority of tickets are usually sold before Carrie is even announced to be performing. Since it's the CMA fest week, if you book hotels in advance you can usually get a better rate than waiting till closer to the time.
    ahhhh okay, thanks...I can understand now why people may be quite upset or mad about this change this year

Concert Stars
    I can never get off work, so I am glad that they will stream it this year.
    Marie2011, liz278 and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast