Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: New Blog 4-23-13

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

New Blog 4-23-13

She had a wardrobe fitting for the SYA video on Sunday and then shot her parts of the video on Monday!
    Mentions how she loves singing SYA on stage .( someone tell her she doesn't sing it in concert)

thanks everyone for their support in her first foray into politics

Concert Stars
    I love her so much!
    glenn7 and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    OHHH Thanks for the tip.

Concert Stars
    great blog Carrie!
    mbh likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    She had a wardrobe fitting for the SYA video on Sunday and then shot her parts of the video on Monday!
    Mentions how she loves singing SYA on stage .( someone tell her she doesn't sing it in concert)

thanks everyone for their support in her first foray into politics
    AWESOME! We (Carrie Fans) will stand by, you, Carrie ...... TILL DEATH PARTS US! I promise as I stand BEFORE GOD .... to take you, Carrie ...... to continue to be "MY AMERICAN IDOL" ..... and to this I PROMISE BEFORE GOD, my love and loyalty as a DIE-HARD FAN .... Jesus please take the wheel!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks soooo much for the summary for us who can only read it here on Carriefans!!!!! Excited to hear the video is getting closer but if memory serves me corretly, it takes quite a while after they shoot it for it to come to us!! On a positive note, now its closer than we knew about before!!! I loved watching / hearing SYA on American Idol - she looked beautiful and it sounded awesome. Really thrilled about this single choice.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Yay awesome.
    mbh likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Thanks soooo much for the summary for us who can only read it here on Carriefans!!!!! Excited to hear the video is getting closer but if memory serves me corretly, it takes quite a while after they shoot it for it to come to us!! On a positive note, now its closer than we knew about before!!! I loved watching / hearing SYA on American Idol - she looked beautiful and it sounded awesome. Really thrilled about this single choice.
    I suspect she might premiere a trailer or the video at the FCP in June, 6 weeks away.
    But I do hope we gt it a bit sooner then that.

Concert Stars
    Maybe at the Idol Finale.

Thanks for posting this.
    Excited to know the video is being worked on.

Note: finished working on "her" part. I imagine this might be similar to "Anyway" by Martina. In it, many people holding up signs that have messeges. Martina is sprinkled throughout.

I'm just glad it's coming!!
    (as late as its coming and the treatment seeming smaller than the very expensive ones for BA and TBC, I am still guessing this may be her last for this era.)
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I love reading how Carrie loves hearing about how fans are relating to See You Again.. Maybe that means we're get more happy songs in the future!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

Thanks for posting this.

Note: finished working on "her" part. I imagine this might be similar to "Anyway" by Martina. In it, many people holding up signs that have messeges. Martina is sprinkled throughout.

(as late as its coming and the treatment seeming smaller than the very expensive ones for BA and TBC, I am still guessing this may be her last for this era.)
    I see three logical reasons you might be wrong lol
    1. UI was the third single and not much was done for it
    2. She is on tour so there isnt much time to shoot something huge (yes, TBC was during the tour but she had more breaks)
    3. Just because its going to be narrative video doesnt make it less awesome. Just different. Kind of like GG.

But I wouldnt be surprised either way
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Awesome blog! Thanks for the heads up!!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

Thanks for posting this.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing, and to my mind the song suits this type of treatment. Carrie's role is that of the narrated. It would be a nice change from the drama-heavy BA and TBC videos.
    pklongbeach likes this.

I have a feeling the video may be very similar to Temporary Home, but with Carrie in even less of a character role than she was in that video. I'm looking forward to it. Have any of our CF detectives found any info on facebook or twitter about who is directing it or who the other actors are?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    I see three logical reasons you might be wrong lol
    1. UI was the third single and not much was done for it
    2. She is on tour so there isnt much time to shoot something huge (yes, TBC was during the tour but she had more breaks)
    3. Just because its going to be narrative video doesnt make it less awesome. Just different. Kind of like GG.

But I wouldnt be surprised either way
    YEah, I am in no way hinting at its "awsomeness". ITs Carrie. I am going to see it as awsome!

I just mean the size and scope "and expense" of BA and TBC were quite extravagent.
    And obviously, this one will be "smaller". Certainly no less effective.

I think the fanfair and anticipation that was delivered for the videos for TBC and BA were exceptional. And promotion costs money.
    So, for me, it is obvious that there is less promo going into SYA, and a smaller work-up for the video.

Who knows, they may be saving money for a big 5th single.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing, and to my mind the song suits this type of treatment. Carrie's role is that of the narrated. It would be a nice change from the drama-heavy BA and TBC videos.
    YEs, I admit when I first imagined a video, I wanted it to be very epic with lots of wide shots of CGI with mountains and clouds and sweeping melodrama.

But the smaller story within the song is one of everyday people who are living day to day waiting for the time they can be reunited with ones they have loved and lost.
    And if it can tap into that emotion, it would be more effective than lots of mountains and clouds.

Concert Stars
    ^ I also pictured oceans and a beach scene like she did on Idol, with CGI shots, etc. But maybe they will do both--- have people scenes and some beautiful scenes too? Either way, a touching video fits the song for sure. Carrie shot her parts in one day so she is clearly more of a "narrator" role in this one, with actors filling in the rest of the spots-- which is fine.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ ps-- better she saves $ on this video as maybe they can squeeze out one more single and one more video then. hehe

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I also pictured oceans and a beach scene like she did on Idol, with CGI shots, etc. But maybe they will do both--- have people scenes and some beautiful scenes too? Either way, a touching video fits the song for sure. Carrie shot her parts in one day so she is clearly more of a "narrator" role in this one, with actors filling in the rest of the spots-- which is fine.
    she shot her parts for TBC in one day too
    but I agree she's most likely the narrator with the stories unfolding as she sings
    I think it'll be a lot like the JTTW video in that respect

Quoting one sentence from the blog ad verbatim, if that's okay by the rules :

"I just hate giving you all a reason to have to defend me to anybody"

LMAO! Crazy woman! Doesn't she know us at all? I've been having the time of my life defending her! SO MUCH FUN YELLING AT PEOPLE ABOUT HOW AMAZING CARRIE IS

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast