Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: Billboard Awards Nominations Announced 2013

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Can soneone post the list here!? Only the Mexican nominees are showing up for me.

And can someone explain how Blown Away the single was not nominated for country song!!?? It is 2x platinum abd hit number one for two weeks in Billboard country airplay charts.

How was BA not nominated for country song!? Bs right there. It is 2x platinum!!
    If we are to believe that "hard data" was used, than it just is what it is and did not make the cut.

I would love to know what they use as hard data though.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Well well... The power couple was shut out. Not a single nom for either Miranda or Blake. Hmmm.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Where is Country Queen Miranda Lamberta?
    desubear likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    While a bit sarcastic "There are approximately 2 million more categories, all of which can be seen on Billboard’s official website.", it takes a long time to click through all the pages of the nominees.

For Country song, the nominees are:
    Drunk On You, Cruise, Springsteen, Wanted, WANEGBT
    teesharky, rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Duh I just realized that they counted pop airplay for nominations to help taylors wanegbt and hunter's Wanted etc make list.

in other words-- they nominated the pop crossover songs for country songs of year. Wow. So unfair. Even Springsteen got pop airplay-- i heard it on sirius pulse pop radio alot.
    Marie2011 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    While a bit sarcastic "There are approximately 2 million more categories, all of which can be seen on Billboard’s official website.", it takes a long time to click through all the pages of the nominees.

For Country song, the nominees are:
    Drunk On You, Cruise, Springsteen, Wanted, WANEGBT
    Even this is "catagorically" confusing. As I thought the song was sent to pop radio, and only secondarily sent to country as a "remix edited version".

How does that constitute a country song?

I hope she performs

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Where is Country Queen Miranda Lamberta?
    Lamberta don't sell well.

Concert Stars
    I am not even going to give this award show the time of day. It is all about BMR and pop groups. I came here just to read the nominations . . . this will be my last thought on this show.

Concert Stars
    agree. No need to watch this hot mess this year as Carrie won't be there anyway as she is touring Canada at the time, and she knows she lost in advance as they tell the winners in advance as it is based on sales---- so Taylor's team already knows which awards she won....likely all 11. BARF.
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I am not even going to give this award show the time of day. It is all about BMR and pop groups. I came here just to read the nominations . . . this will be my last thought on this show.
    pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Duh I just realized that they counted pop airplay for nominations to help taylors wanegbt and hunter's Wanted etc make list.

in other words-- they nominated the pop crossover songs for country songs of year. Wow. So unfair. Even Springsteen got pop airplay-- i heard it on sirius pulse pop radio alot.
    What sad is a song that flopped on country radio is going to win BB Country Song.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    An awards show that's practically talior made for Taylor's fanbase? Puke.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    If Carrie does go to this (which its doubtful) I like to see her perform again because last year's performance of Blown Away was amazing..

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    If we are to believe that "hard data" was used, than it just is what it is and did not make the cut.

I would love to know what they use as hard data though.
    I thought for most categories, at least the song ones, it's just sales? Which makes sense regarding the country song nominees. WANEGT is leading the pack at 3x platinum. Cruise and Wanted are both approaching 3x Platinum. And Drunk on You and Springsteen are both somewhere past the 2 million mark. Pontoon and Blown Away probably would have been 6th and 7th, respectively. Though I don't know how much Pontoon has sold at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    If the BB awards are based only on "hard data", why not just hand out the awards since they obviously know the winners.
    Yeah, makes the idea of "nominees" kind of useless since we already know how much most songs have sold, unless they expect a lot to change between now and when the awards are handed out. Maybe thanks to the remix Cruise will pass Never Ever?

The Swiftboard Awards 2013! Too much crap for only one night! NOT WATCHING!

Concert Stars
    I'm not sure it makes sense that only sales are being tallied to determine the top songs.

I can see that for albums, but songs? There must be other factors that help determine it.

But in the end the result is still the same.
    IF one artist is allowed to accumulate data from multiple catagories of course they are going to dominate. Again, silly.

I do understand certain catagories that are rather generic by nature, AC, HAC, but when you consider that one artist is straddling multiple catagories "and then" adding up numbers from these more generic ones, it just becomes rediculous.

Its not rediculous if a country song crosses over. Or if a pop song is remade to country (Home;M.Buble) I do understand that.
    But we are not talking about something that is trending on two different genres.
    We are talking about something that is being considered two different genres at its core.

They have made it impossible to beat.

And since Billboard is either participating or "allowing" it by catagorizing it both places, than responsibility for is lies with BB jsut as much as it does MB.

(When BHC hit big at pop, no one was "recatagorizing it". YEs, she was starting to show up on pop catagories, and I don't think she should have, but that is not the same thing either. Taylors material was specifically created as pop music to be sold there, and then catagorized as both so she and BM could collect the accolades.)

Whats interesting to me, is Billboard was to music a well respected source for information about music and it is now about on level with what TMZ is to television.

AS long as they continue to be driven by advertizers and pop culture success, their efforts towards announcing reliable data without giving the formula for doing so is just pure bunk.
    They can not be reliable and be driven by special interest parties at the same time.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower desubear's Avatar
    these award shows want to make me puke
    Marie2011 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    The Swiftboard Awards 2013! Too much crap for only one night! NOT WATCHING!
    well said my friend. Well said.

I feel like Bill Werde, Scott Bullshi$$a and Taylor have had this night planned out since last year when they concocted the new craptastic Taylor-made Billboard rule for Hot country songs. sickening.

They can have their fake, bought and paid for night where a pop star dominates the country awards and embarrasses herself.

Concert Stars
    Oh Never Ever the biggest song on the planet that Taylor got from watching the animated cartoon Tangled? Where Rapunzel says the exact words Never ever - EVER - hardly a country song - and all the POPcraptic songs that blast the country airwaves, except for WANEGT of course that flopped on country radio and I never hear played because I don't listen to POP radio!!!- yeah it is a riot that it will get country song of the year - after all it broke the record for the longest #1 country female radio single and to top it off it ain't even country - quite the trick there Taylor - however I don't think they are pulling the wool over anyone's eyes in the country industry
    teesharky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    And why have catagories!!!
    I was thinking this. If it is based solely on hard data, then there is no point to having awards with nominees. Just give the people who did the best a plaque or something. What they should do is have a night to honor the "nominees", the people who sold the best.

•  
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast