Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: SOM and CMAs?

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars

    SOM and CMAs?

    So I was thinking and I realized the CMAs air later in the year which is around the same time Carrie would be in NYC rehearsing for the Sound of Music. Assuming they and her and Brad to host again, do you think her SOM commitments would interfere with her rehearsing for the CMAs?

  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    No, I don't think so. I would assume Carrie and Brad signed a contract that might tie them to hosting duties for a few years.

    Carrie is a workaholic, so I don't think she would pull out, even if she had to.

  • #3
    Insane Carrie Fan Marie2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,862
    No of course not Paisleywood can host the cma until the are really really really really really really really old like when Carrie is 90 and brad is 100
    desubear likes this.

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan liveasong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,691
    Concert Stars
    Our girl can do both flawlessly.

  • #5
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,114
    She was on tour this past year with only a few days off for the CMAs and they made it work. I'm quite sure they will work around the scheduling issues.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan Daraebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,232
    Most of the stuff can be done over the phone or video conferencing. They will find the time to fit it all in

  • #7
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    The MCA rehursals only take up a small amount of time during the year and then a concentrayion of work for a week. No problem.

  • #8
    Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,531
    Concert Stars
    I am sure that Carrie will schedule the CMA's into SOM rehearsals just like she does when she tours. They aren't going to rehearse non stop they'll have days off

  • #9
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,763
    Concert Stars
    Plus they usually tape the cma promo commercials months in advance so they could do them in summer even.

  • #10
    Junior Carrie Follower kelanob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    321
    I was thinking about SOM... I am so glad Carrie is doing it she will do amazing! But Since it will take all her time, does that mean that she won't even begin writing for a fifth album until after the SOM? I was thinking that since that could be true, maybe we would get a Christmas album or a deluxe of BA with new songs to tide us over.

    I really hope her and Brad host the CMAs though, after this many years, it won't be the same without them.

  • #11
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    I doubt it. Carrie has been in the middle of two busy tours previously during CMA Award season (2010 and 2012) and still managed to make it work. I think as long as she and Brad still want to do it, they'll do it.

  • #12
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    I was thinking about SOM... I am so glad Carrie is doing it she will do amazing! But Since it will take all her time, does that mean that she won't even begin writing for a fifth album until after the SOM? I was thinking that since that could be true, maybe we would get a Christmas album or a deluxe of BA with new songs to tide us over.

    I really hope her and Brad host the CMAs though, after this many years, it won't be the same without them.
    Yes, Carrie said in an interview at the CMT Artists of the Year event in December that after the tour, she'll be focusing almost entirely on The Sound of Music. So I doubt she will even begin writing for the next album until next year, and I'm not expecting a Christmas album either. It would be really neat if they did a Live EP or something like that, but that's just my own wishful thinking.

  • #13
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars
    Thanks guys- Carrie never stops!

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,763
    Concert Stars
    That is why this Christmas is the perfect time for a Blown Away Tour dvd to be released. It would make us fans happy and give her a little buzz for holiday shopping sales etc while she is focused on SOM and hosting cmas etc.

    I am dying to know who her cast mates will be- especially Captain Von Trapp. The lack of a press release worries me that the entire cast will be no names abd that Carrie will have to carry all the tv ratings etc on her shoulders- which would be really unfair.

    I am fine with mostly Broadway actors for most of the lesser parts- but they need another star or two to help with ratings and buzz.

    Thd producers are amazing and I trust them. But it is almost May and still no cast press release so that bugs me.

    If you are going to do this-- do it all the way. Go big or go home. Lol. We need a few more big names.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Well, Carrie has said rehearsals for TSOM won't be starting until the fall (although she herself will rehearse on her own prior to that). So I'd imagine we won't get much casting news until mid-late summer.

  • #16
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,763
    Concert Stars
    Yes but they need to book Captain Von Trapp far in Advance for scheduling purposes. They can get no name Broadway stars for the lesser roles easily with very littke notice as most would kill to be on a tv show like this. So I am not worried about casting the lesser roles or the kids etc.

    But if Captain Von Trapp is a big star too like Carrie- they need to book him like a year in advance so he can clear his schedule like Carrie did.

    Otherwise everyone they ask will say no as they will already be booked. They will be stuck witha Dlist actor or noname Broadway singer if they wait much longer to cast the Captain. Surely the producers realize this though as they are amazing and very experienced.

    They also need the propspective Captain to audition with Carrie to see if they have chemistry etc. so they need to get moving on this or we better assume there are no other big names but Carrie... which would suck as this is a major undertaking/challenge. I want good ratings and lotsof buzz/hype for it- so I think they need a big star to help Carrie as it is not fair to expect Carrie to draw interest in snotty Broadway crowd all by herself. Some have made clear they see her as a country singer- not a trained Broadway singer etc- so they need to hire a respected experienced star to coheadline this with her and shut up naysayers...plus draw in ratings.
    Last edited by teesharky; 04-14-2013 at 02:39 PM.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    For all we know they may have already cast Captain Von Trapp, and simply haven't announced it yet.
    Marie2011 likes this.

  • #18
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Breathe, Tee . The folks running the show on this SOM production know what they are doing. Odds are that if they've got Carrie secured for the production, and have had Carrie secured for quite a while, they've also got the other roles secured. The show isn't planned until the holiday season on this year. They don't want to roll out all their news on the production now, as they will have nothing left once the time comes closer. I'm sure they are staggering news releases to the press to build hype over the entire year. Carrie will not have to draw ratings on her name alone...that's absurd. The fact that it is SOM will draw a lot of people, plus some will turn in for curiousity's sake. Furthermore, don't underestimate a Broadway star. Broadway fans will turn out in droves to watch their favorite Broadway actors in this production. They are a dedicated bunch, and not all "snotty" .

    You really need to put faith in the people working with Carrie on this. No need to act like they don't have it together when you don't have all the facts. Keep in mind that the public is only going to know what the people in charge want them to know. When they are ready, they will give us more information. I think the announcement of Carrie's involvement was a way for the people in charge to let the world know they are doing the production. They know Carrie is a current and highly successful star, and mentioning that she is starring in the production will get them a ton of press coverage.

  • #19
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,763
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    For all we know they may have already cast Captain Von Trapp, and simply haven't announced it yet.
    hope so! But Carrie did say she doesn't know who any of her cast mates are yet-- though that comment was several months ago.

    Perhaps Carrie knows now- but cannot say anything.

  • #20
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,763
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Breathe, Tee . The folks running the show on this SOM production know what they are doing. Odds are that if they've got Carrie secured for the production, and have had Carrie secured for quite a while, they've also got the other roles secured. The show isn't planned until the holiday season on this year. They don't want to roll out all their news on the production now, as they will have nothing left once the time comes closer. I'm sure they are staggering news releases to the press to build hype over the entire year. Carrie will not have to draw ratings on her name alone...that's absurd. The fact that it is SOM will draw a lot of people, plus some will turn in for curiousity's sake. Furthermore, don't underestimate a Broadway star. Broadway fans will turn out in droves to watch their favorite Broadway actors in this production. They are a dedicated bunch, and not all "snotty" .

    You really need to put faith in the people working with Carrie on this. No need to act like they don't have it together when you don't have all the facts. Keep in mind that the public is only going to know what the people in charge want them to know. When they are ready, they will give us more information. I think the announcement of Carrie's involvement was a way for the people in charge to let the world know they are doing the production. They know Carrie is a current and highly successful star, and mentioning that she is starring in the production will get them a ton of press coverage.
    oh sorry let me clarify my comment: I LOVE Broadway actors--- they are not the "snotty" ones!

    I was referring to Broadway critics and insiders, and even Broadway fans. They insist on classical vocal training and Broadway experience before they take you seriously....so they are very hard on singers who go on Broadway, and even actors who go on Broadway and try to sing.

    I read many of the comments when Carrie's name was announced as Maria, and the main complaint the Broadway people seemed to have was (a) No acting or Broadway experience and (b) no classical Broadway traiing or (c) Too country= not a classical singer like Julie Andrews.

    So those are the people she needs to win over-- and I think she will! Especially since she is taking vocal lessons all summer.

    I agree Broadway actors are superb--- look and Samantha Barks who played Epinone in Les Mis movie. She was a no-name Broadway star that no one heard of-- and in my opinion, she and Eddy Redmaynes were the best vocalists in the movie-- and possibly the best actors too. She was a much better singer then Anne Hathaway in fact,. who won the Oscar. (Anne was great-- but I thought Samantha was severely under-rated and should have been nominated).

    All I am saying is that they need to cast a big name star for Captain Von Trapp or the entire ratings, and success of the show, will all be on Carrie's tiny shoulders-- which is unfair to her. She is a big ratings draw, but they need to draw in the Broadway crowd and people who are fans of SOM but not necessarily fans of Carrie. So a big co-star that is respected by the Broadway community, crititcs, insiders and fans, could really help draw their interest.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. CMAs '12 Audio/Video (11-1-12) here!
      By blitzer50 in forum HQ Carrie Video
      Replies: 32
      Last Post: 11-24-2012, 10:36 PM
    2. Commercial for CMA Fest & CMAS on ABC!
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
    3. CMAs '11 Promo(s) here!
      By blitzer50 in forum HQ Carrie Video
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 11-15-2011, 12:11 AM
    4. Carrie on E!News for CMAS 11/10/11
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 11-11-2011, 10:48 AM
    5. The Road to the 2011 CMAs!
      By carebear4eva in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-30-2011, 09:48 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •