Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311

Thread: Meet and greet questions

Junior Carrie Follower

Meet and greet questions

Well I finally after 8 years of trying have won a meet and greet with Carrie and I have never been to anything like this and have a few questions. About how long do you get to talk to her? How many items will she sign and what are some cool things to have her sign? I have several things already signed that I got through the fan club stuff like pictures and posters etc and want to come up with something different, any suggestions? Do I need to take her a gift? If so I am totally broke any ideas on something not too expensive. I was thinking of a donation to a charity and or making some home made chicken jerky for ace and penny. Is that corny? About what percentage bring gifts? Do they take your photo with her and do they charge? If they take a photo are you allowed to have someone take some with your camera too? What I want to talk to Carrie about is very emotional for me and I am afraid I will cry or make her cry so should I just chat and say what I want to say in a letter? Your help is appreciated.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    A lot of questions. One picture by the professional photaographer. There is no charge and it is available on line in a day or two. None by any other camera. No need for a gift. Most don't give her a gift. You have a very short time with Carrie unless to ask questions and look her in the eye. A lot of people can't talk and many cry. Just get it out. The meet and greets are well organized. Bring your ticket for the showm have her sign it and then frame it for your room.

OK that is my contribution....

Concert Stars
    A lot of people had their ticket signed, they take you to the merchandise table if you want to buy something for her to sign. I also saw people bring their CD booklet to have signed. Whatever you have signed if you want to frame it think about that and how you would want to have it framed. Also, as Robinannhunt said there is a professional photographer to take your picture. He does a really good job. I think if you have something you want to tell her to write her a letter. I read somewhere in one of her interviews that she reads all the letters she gets at her M & Gs. The reason I say that is because you only get a couple minutes with her but I do know that if you had something important to tell her she would take the time to listen. And one last piece of advise, plan ahead what you want to say because for some strange reason when you get face to face most people I have seen, forget all that they wanted to say. (which is another good reason to write a letter because then you know that you have told her what you wanted to say.) The donation to a charity is a good "gift". In fact I think that is a good idea. Most charities have a card or something you can give to her that tells her you donated to this charity in Carrie's name.

But I think the best advice I got was to enjoy your time however short.
    robinannhunt likes this.

My friend met her and had her draw "Play On" with a heart on her wrist and she got it tattooed the next day!

Bumping this because I have a question...

I saw on the meet & greet rules that each fan club member is allowed one meet & greet per membership year, not calendar year... what is the membership year? Is that each person's specific time of renewal? ALSO, if you were to buy tickets to three shows on the same tour, are you allowed to enter for each show and, if selected, will it only pick you for one?

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post

I saw on the meet & greet rules that each fan club member is allowed one meet & greet per membership year, not calendar year... what is the membership year? Is that each person's specific time of renewal? ALSO, if you were to buy tickets to three shows on the same tour, are you allowed to enter for each show and, if selected, will it only pick you for one?
    Sorry, I don’t have the answer to that question. I have one of my own. According to your post, if I joined Carrie’s fan club I’d automatically get a meet and greet. Is that true? Are you saying that I’d be entered to win a meet and greet that membership year. Just curious.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post

Membership year would be different for each member depending on the date of renewal. Yes, if you enter the M&G contest for three shows and get picked for one, you should then not be eligible for any further M&Gs for that membership year. You can enter for all of them at the same time, though.
    kelanob likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    Sorry, I don’t have the answer to that question. I have one of my own. According to your post, if I joined Carrie’s fan club I’d automatically get a meet and greet. Is that true? Are you saying that I’d be entered to win a meet and greet that membership year. Just curious.
    You are never guaranteed a M&G with Carrie. As a fan club member, you can enter to win a M&G if you already have tickets for a particular show; however, only about 10 fan club members per show get a M&G. You are not guaranteed to get a M&G your first year, or ever really. I won a M&G through the Fan Club back in 2008 and haven't won one since, although I have attended every tour and some tours multiple shows.
    kelanob likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    You are never guaranteed a M&G with Carrie. As a fan club member, you can enter to win a M&G if you already have tickets for a particular show; however, only about 10 fan club members per show get a M&G. You are not guaranteed to get a M&G your first year, or ever really. I won a M&G through the Fan Club back in 2008 and haven't won one since, although I have attended every tour and some tours multiple shows.
    That’s what I figured. I’d always assumed meet and greets are expensive or HARD to win, so when I read the kelanob’s post I became curious. Now back to never getting a meet and greet unless I am willing to pay a lot of money.

Concert Stars
    I’ve only attended one of her concerts. It was the during the “Play On” tour. Carrie came to my hometown, on my 16th birthday in 2010, and it was EVERYTHING I had dreamed it would be. I’m going to attend this tour though!

Membership year would be different for each member depending on the date of renewal. Yes, if you enter the M&G contest for three shows and get picked for one, you should then not be eligible for any further M&Gs for that membership year. You can enter for all of them at the same time, though.
    Thank you so much!

•