Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Carrie/NeYo/Luke cowrite 'Walk Away' - Clip

It really sounds like a Carrie song.
    Great for this Megan girl.
    The more Carrie-songs get recorded the better.
    Of course, I'd prefer Carrie to perform them all, but... oh well.

Concert Stars
    I wish Carrie had recorded this as it is amazing! Wow!

But I am happy Megan did too. I just sometimes feel very puzzled as to why the best songs don't make her albums, but songs like MS and Play On or Who are You do. lol

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I wish Carrie had recorded this as it is amazing! Wow!

But I am happy Megan did too. I just sometimes feel very puzzled as to why the best songs don't make her albums, but songs like MS and Play On or Who are You do. lol
    There's no puzzle, Carrie and her team simply disagree with your assessment of what are the best songs. They are also looking at the album as a whole and how the songs fit together. Personally, while I'm not a particular fan of Play On, I love the other two songs but to each their own. I'll wait. To hear the whole song before I decide about this song.

Whoa, I actually love that! I had no idea what to expect from a Carrie/Neyo cowrite, but that little clip was awesome.

How cool would it be if a Carrie co-write were released as a single by someone and became a big hit? That'd give her a ton of songwriting cred.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    WOW!!! i love it! can't wait to hear it!!!
    The first part sounds Ne-Yo but the Walk Away part + the verses sounds so Carrie!
    But it looks like it was really meant to be an R&B track... probably that's the reason why Carrie did not choose to cut it and even left it open for others to record...

Can't remember where/when, but Carrie said that the songs the she co-wrote with Ne-yo were great and she was sure that someone would record it...

I do hope this song will become BIG! so that Carrie's song-writing skill will be recognized more.. and not only in country!

Concert Stars
    I really like the sound of this!

Insane Carrie Fan
    love from i hear from the clip
    - Home

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really like it! It's too bad we can't hear how Carrie would've sounded on it

Concert Stars
    So anxious to hear the whole thing!!!
    desubear likes this.

Megan's album is now out. Listen to "Walk Away" on Spotify --> Walk Away by Megan Hilty on Spotify

Concert Stars
    Typical; can't listen to it in Canada. Shouldn't even be surprised anymore

Allmusic review:

When It Happens All the Time was released, Megan Hilty was best known for her show-stopping turns in Broadway productions including Wicked and 9 to 5: The Musical, as well as her role as Ivy Lynn on NBC's musical-within-a-musical TV series Smash. However, the songs she chose for her debut album weren't show tunes or standards; they were contemporary pop with a capital P: a glance at the liner notes reveals songwriting credits for Ne-Yo, Carrie Underwood, and Glen Ballard. Her desire to bring something unexpected and perhaps more personal to It Happens All the Time is admirable, but Hilty's approach to these songs is too reverent and stripped of her best work's vibrancy and nuance. It doesn't help that the production and arrangements tend toward pop's milder side, draining more daring choices like Damien Rice's "The Blower's Daughter" and Taylor Swift's "Safe and Sound" of much of their rawness. It Happens All the Time succeeds with lighter fare such as the airy "Hopin'," the Ne-Yo andUnderwood-penned "Walk Away," and the single "No Cure," which is one of the best examples of when this album gets the balance of intimacy and polish right. "Wise Up" is another highlight, with Aimee Mann's subtle songwriting allowing Hilty to deliver one of the album's most sophisticated vocal performances. Of course, she never sounds outright bad -- "Dare You to Move" and "Be a Man" showcase her powerhouse vocals particularly well -- but a lot of the album ends up underscoring that conveying the sentiments of a pop song isn't the same thing as portraying a character in a show tune (even if it's a particularly heartfelt one). As always, Hilty is a dynamic performer with a beautiful voice, but It Happens All the Time is often so sanitized that a livelier set of more traditional songs might have made for a better debut.
    It Happens All the Time - Megan Hilty : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic

And "Walk Away" is one of the recommended tracks.
    rainbow1, maddkat, Gator and 2 others like this.

^I disagree with most of that review. I actually love this album, very pop and yet so bold in the choices she made. I adore it and her.

Concert Stars
    This part confuses me. I don't know the original of "The Blower's Daughter". However, I love Megan's rendition of "Safe and Sound". Also, serious question, is this a TS song, or is it a TS and Civil Wars song? I have no idea what they refer to as 'rawness'; that she sings it better than ts??

It doesn't help that the production and arrangements tend toward pop's milder side, draining more daring choices like Damien Rice's "The Blower's Daughter" and Taylor Swift's "Safe and Sound" of much of their rawness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    This part confuses me. I don't know the original of "The Blower's Daughter". However, I love Megan's rendition of "Safe and Sound". Also, serious question, is this a TS song, or is it a TS and Civil Wars song? I have no idea what they refer to as 'rawness'; that she sings it better than ts??

It doesn't help that the production and arrangements tend toward pop's milder side, draining more daring choices like Damien Rice's "The Blower's Daughter" and Taylor Swift's "Safe and Sound" of much of their rawness.
    Taylor Swift - "Safe & Sound" (Featuring the Civil Wars).
    Gator likes this.

I don't really like "Walk Away"...It's rather boring for me. It's very different for a Dr. Luke ("California Gurls", "TiK ToK", "Teenage Dream", "The One That Got Away", "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", "E.T.", "Die Young", "Good Feeling", etc.) song, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    Typical; can't listen to it in Canada. Shouldn't even be surprised anymore
    Walk Away- Megan Hilty - YouTube

it's nice... i like it... not a big fan of the chorus.. but the verses are <3
    maddkat likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I can imagine Carrie singing this, especially the vocal runs towards the end. I really enjoyed the album based as whole based on the previews (except the cover of one of my favorite Don Henley songs).

Concert Stars
    I like it. Think it's a nice sweet song but think it would be more of a hit if the chorus was built up more w/ either stronger instrumentation or stronger vocals on the chorus part as it's a bit on the lite side for me. But the verses make the song intimate and great. Would have loved to hear what Carrie's vocals would have sounded like on this song.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12