• 4 Post By sco
  • 1 Post By Pitocco
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By pgk
  • 1 Post By myeverythingKU
  • 5 Post By Gator

Thread: 2013 CMA Fest Official Discussion Thread: June 6-9

2013 CMA Fest Official Discussion Thread: June 6-9

Where can you find more CMA Award winners and nominees than at the annual CMA Awards? Try the 2013 CMA Music Festival!

The star-packed lineup is bursting at the seams with reigning trophy winners, former Award recipients, and nominees all performing for the most ardent, passionate fans in the world during CMA Music Festival, Thursday through Sunday, June 6-9, in Nashville.

“We have an amazing lineup of talent for this year’s Festival,” said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “I know our fans will be entertained and enthralled to see our annual family reunion of the best and brightest performers in the industry.”

Fans can purchase tickets to 2013 CMA Music Festival through Ticketmaster at Ticketmaster.com or 1(800)745-3000. They can also purchase them by calling 1(800)CMA-FEST (262-3378). Ticket prices are based on the level of seating at LP Field for the Nightly Concerts, and range from $135 to $350 plus handling fees. A limited number of four-day parking passes for LP Field are also available (parking is not included in the Festival ticket price), ranging from $60 for Cars to $140 for an RV/Motorcoach, plus handling fees.

Ticket and parking prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are final and non-refundable. Children 3 years and younger are admitted FREE. For information on ADA seating, please call 1-800-CMA-FEST.

Lineup

Gary Allan
    Dierks Bentley
    Eric Church
    Kelly Clarkson
    Florida Georgia Line
    Hunter Hayes
    Miranda Lambert
    Jake Owen
    Brad Paisley
    Blake Shelton
    Taylor Swift
    The Band Perry
    Keith Urban
    Zac Brown Band
    Luke Bryan
    Lady Antebellum
    Little Big Town
    Carrie Underwood
    teesharky and desubear like this.

Concert Stars
    I don't understand why kelly got a whole slot. She is still a pop artist. Odd.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow, I totally don't get that either! I love Kelly Clarkson but I'm beginning to think that she is the next thing they are going to thrust into the spotlight of country music. I had a feeling once she sold her ranch in Texas and moved to Nashville that this would happen, just didn't expect it to happen BEFORE she released a country album.

Concert Stars
    Agree. I love Kelly-- honestly- and have for a long time. I have no problem with her singing at the CMA fest as a special guest for her numerous duets. But why does she get a whole slot? It is sort of a slap in the face to the other actual country artists that would kill or die for a slot at LP field.

Her slot should go to Pickler or Scotty or Casey James or Jana Kramer or someone.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Agree. I love Kelly-- honestly- and have for a long time. I have no problem with her singing at the CMA fest as a special guest for her numerous duets. But why does she get a whole slot? It is sort of a slap in the face to the other actual country artists that would kill or die for a slot at LP field.

Her slot should go to Pickler or Scotty or Casey James or Jana Kramer or someone.
    I actually agree with this. I like her but I really don't like this milking the country label when she hasn't done much in the country realm. As a solo artist she still hasn't had so much as a top ten song. If she wants to go country then more power to her but I'd like to see her truly embrace rather than dabble. If she wants to dabble that's fine but it is odd that the industry seems to want to annoint her rather than treat her like the other pop and rock acts that dabble occasionally in country.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    i LOVE kelly! I love her POP songs!! i came on here to rant because SHE IS NOT COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Agreed. It's odd to me that Kelly keeps insisting she has no interest in 'going country,' yet she takes gigs like this. I like Kelly and I think she's really talented, but I will ticked if she's pushed down our throats now that's she's got a connection to Reba.

If Kelly truly believes she is a pop artist, why is she accepting gigs like this?

Concert Stars
    How do we know she gets a whole performance slot? Maybe they're just listing her here because she's a big name and people know her; how do we know it's not just a "featured" gig?
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    True we don't know that she got a whole performance slot, but as Carrieflattsfan said, I will be pissed if she gets shoved down our throats because of her connection to Reba/Blake & Miranda. I am getting so tired of the powers in Nashville doing this to us.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

There's really nothing odd about this. It is clear that Kelly and her management team intend to participate fully in the pop and country genre. So, kelly is country and pop. It's something like 'dual citizenship'. It's already been accomplished by Taylor and now we have Kelly. I expect to see Kelly's presence/participation in all the usual country activities, like, CMA, AMC, CMA fest etc. from now on.
    pklongbeach likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Too bad about all the serious talented country singers being ignored for a talented pop singer that has yet release more than a lite pop ? Country song. They are really courting her. I don't ever see Kelly doing the no. Of tour dates most country stars do. her concert attendants no. is usually in 3000s but let's fully embrace her to get her for the poor struggling country girls that never get airplay in the male dominate country radio. I like Kelly but don't like her voice as of yet on any of her country solo or even duets, they have all been pop, IMO.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Kelly always sounds pop to me. No country there at all.

Did I hear that a fan at a M&G said carrie said she was going to close the CMA fest on Sunday?

Concert Stars
    YEah, I am with you all.
    IF Kelly Clarson wants to persue a career in country music, ok. Fine. I won't be thrilled and I certainly won't give her the red carpet treatment she is already recieving. But I know she is an accomplished singer and could do good work with country music if that is what she wanted to do.
    But I do have an issue with someone who claims that they don't want to be a country singer but will take someone elses spot at a country festival. Why? Why when there are such hard working and dedicated people in the industry who's lifes work would be to get on that stage, would Kelly Clarkson the pop singer take it.

Especially when she so passionately declares "I don't want to be a Country Singer"!
    Than stop taking country singers jobs away from them Miss Integrety!

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Sooo going and I so can't wait to see our girl!! And my other favorites. Wouldn't miss Fest for nothin'!!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    What is so cool is that Carrie, Brad, Lady A are all on the same night. That is a great line up!

I think someone else will be added too.

Would love to see Kacey Musgraves added to the lineup. But she may do one of the smaller slots or perform at one of the smaller stages that week.

I so wish I were going again this year. I'm going to try to go next year, but I have a feeling Carrie will skip LP Field next year and just do the FCP.

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Tee, I don't think those are the days the artists are performing, just a list of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by myeverythingKU View Post
    Tee, I don't think those are the days the artists are performing, just a list of them!!
    No, it's all listed in the order everyone is playing. Carrie told a fan at a m&g she was closing the festival on Sunday night, and that's what she's scheduled to do by looking at the lineup on the official website: LP Field

Concert Stars
    New CMA Fest cover photo. They know who the 'real' Superstar is.

https://www.facebook.com/cma

•