Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Is Carrie getting vocal training to prepare for her role in TSOM?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    What do you think of Floptina?
    Hey now.

I don't think anyone would argue Christina has a fantastic voice, but an absolutely ****ty technique. I'm no vocal coach, but I know it's bad for any singer to overdo it, let alone as much as she does. All of that is catching up to her, and it's showing big time. I still listen to her because I love the tone of her voice, but it's so frustrating that she obviously never learned (or cared to), take care of her voice. She had some really great moments during the "Bionic" era, and she sounded fantastic in "Burlesque" in 2010, too.

It seems like her ego has overrun everything, and it's just frustrating. If she cared to clean up her image and put aside her pride and take a few vocal lessons, she'd be in much better shape than she is now, IMO.

One of my favorite 2010 performances:

red40 likes this.

I loved Christina when she first came out, and she's had some great moments over the years since then too. But her live performances are completely off-putting most of the time. She's a huge show-off, and the sad part is she'd actually be a lot better if she wasn't trying so hard. I can't stand when artists feel the need to add a run to practically every single line in a song. So annoying.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I loved Christina when she first came out, and she's had some great moments over the years since then too. But her live performances are completely off-putting most of the time. She's a huge show-off, and the sad part is she'd actually be a lot better if she wasn't trying so hard. I can't stand when artists feel the need to add a run to practically every single line in a song. So annoying.
    Exactly; I think a lot of people are put-off by that.

I prefer to hear Christina on her albums, because live she overdoes it to an almost painful degree most of the time. It's so obvious she's trying to show-off her ability, and she doesn't NEED to do that. That's why I love the "Lift Me Up" performance; it's about her voice, and emotion, not the notes.

It's frustrating because a lot of Christina's material is very raw and personal, but she has basically let her ego get in the way of her true potential.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Christina Aguilera needs - "intensive lifestyle therapy" - including HIGH QUALITY DIET, EXERCISE, taking NUTRIONAL SUPPLEMENTS and MANAGING STRESS. The real cause of the "DETERIORATION " of her vocal performance is - "poor quality diet including ALCOHOLISM", "sedentary lifestyle", "nutritional deficiencies", "lack of exercise" and "stress" - your body starts to lose muscle, gain fat, become inflamed and YOU RAPIDLY AGE and DETERIORATE!

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Indeed it has -- a dramatic boost in self-confidence coupled with an enormous wad of experience under her belt - and even further transcended by a drastic change in dietary and health habits - all conspired to improve the state of Carrie's voice tremendously in her post-Idol career. Carrie really whipped her body into shape after she won and got on an extremely healthy track - not just in terms of diet, but also in terms of EXERCISE. Diet and exercise play a HUGE role in a singer's vocal health - Keeping body fat to a healthy minimum and engaging in cardio activity several times a week will greatly enhance a singer's breath control when they are on stage. When you eat healthy and exercise, you not only build the foundation for an improved breathing mechanism, you also build your stamina for singing long phrases without a break, and develop the proper muscle memory so that your breathing is always the same, without having to give it a second thought.

I remember Carrie alluding to this in an interview just before Carnival Ride was officially released ... she said that everything had just become so much easier to her at that point, and went on to state that she lacked a bit of confidence back when she did the AI Tour because she often felt very winded on stage and found it very difficult to breathe.
    Melissa explained it above, EXCELLENTLY!

TREATMENT: Carrie Underwood's "INTENSIVE LIFESTYLE THERAPY"!
    MelissaD likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    ALSO, Carrie attained her EXTRAORDINARY POSITION right now, largely because of the simple fact that Carrie is terribly demanding of herself and she has oodles of "plain old-fashioned discipline", "the best and hardest work was done", and a visceral revulsion to any tendency toward smug self-satisfaction.
    Also, COUPLED it with the above QUALITIES of Carrie Underwood.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    You seem to have a deep appreciation for a finely tuned voice and one that flourishes on natural talent, which is great.

I completely understand where you're coming from with the desire to tap into Carrie's natural ability to develop it even more. I agree it would be completely amazing to see what she could do with her voice with some training under her belt, especially because she has already improved by LEAPS AND BOUNDS on her own from just her Idol days. It's really a shame she had a negative experience with a vocal coach, because has so much natural ability, and she could be even more amazing with the right coach teaching her proper technique.
    I really appreciate the bolded point; the fact that Carrie was able to improve on such a grand scale through her OWN merit is a testament to how much someone like her would benefit from vocal training. Not only does she have natural ability up the ying-yang as we've been discussing - she also has buckets of self-discipline and "eye of the tiger" determination and perseverance when it comes to delivering a task that she has set for herself. That's why I know that if she were to warm up to the idea of vocal training and fully commit to it, she would go the full distance and really work her tail off to get the end result that she set her sights on.

I, too, have a deep appreciation for Christina Aguilera's voice. I've been a fan of hers for a super long time, as well. Her natural tone is just so lush, rich, and beautiful - I think that has always been her greatest asset, since day 1. Yes, she always had the tendency to overdo it a bit with the vocal embellishments and often sings painfully above her range - but I was always able to look past it simply because of how special the natural sound of her voice is, coupled with the fact that I can really FEEL the emotion behind her vocals on her ballads. "Lift Me Up" is a great example of that. Her voice is just incredibly emotive and expressive. She does an excellent job of conveying anger, sadness, joy, etc.

I actually think that she and Carrie can sound a bit similar at times, in terms of both tonal quality and raw POWER. Carrie just has a higher tessitura, and therefore a greater facility in the upper-belting range. Christina has Carrie beat in the lower-register though.

One thing about both Carrie and Christina that never fails to impress me is how far they can get away with pulling the mic from their mouths and STILL be heard loud and clear as though it were only half an inch away. The intense volume that their voices are capable of generating is nothing short of remarkable. I've seen many many vocalists in concert over the years - and I've yet to hear any that can fill an entire arena with their voices the way these two can. The natural power that they have in their voices is enough to shatter planets, I tell you.
    mbh likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Imagine Carrie with vocal training - in the history of her career, Carrie has HUGE quantities of good old-fashioned hard work, total dedication to improvement and FOR EXCELLENCE, and continually building FOR THE FUTURE. There are no shortcuts. There are no magic potions. There are no work-arounds. She is always ready for the long, hard pull. SUCCESS IS NEVER FINAL FOR CARRIE. For her, success represents the beginning - the start of a NEVER-ENDING JOURNEY of good old-fashioned discipline, the best and hardest work, and the PURSUIT of an EVER-HIGHER STANDARD of "EXECUTION and EXCELLENCE".

•  
    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910