Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Just listened to the audio. I agree with some here, Carrie was a little off tonight. This is the first time I've ever heard her go off key when singing JTTW. But she sure looked great. lol.

I also vote to retire UI from the Opry.
    I was there last night and towards the end of JTTW, it looked and sounded like she was getting a little emotional and choked up a little. She wasn't off key at all, just emotional towards the end. And, I personally like UI. It is a good song to get off her set.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So bummer that lucy hale did not tweet about opry. Did she cancel?
    maybe she just enjoyed the show

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl64 View Post
    I was there last night and towards the end of JTTW, it looked and sounded like she was getting a little emotional and choked up a little. She wasn't off key at all, just emotional towards the end. And, I personally like UI. It is a good song to get off her set.
    the end reminded me a bit of the 2006 ACM performance

UI isn't awful (well not too awful) but it just doesn't play well at the Opry imo.
    There are so many uptempo songs Carrie has recorded that would be a better fit.

Concert Stars
    You guys make me nervous.

I don't want her to "mess up" at the Grammys (a la Good Girl ACM 2012)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Ah, so are we finally all accepting that as a "mess up?"

Carrie will be fine. Even on her worst performance Ted Nugent was impressed. Still, I get what you mean, and I hope we actually get an excellent performance by her standards.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post

Carrie will be fine. Even on her worst performance Ted Nugent was impressed. Still, I get what you mean, and I hope we actually get an excellent performance by her standards.
    What scares me is that she hasn't been singing a lot for the past month! xD

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread. lol

I'm not concerned with whether Carrie will kill it - I know she will. My only concern is the sound mixing. They always seem to turn the band up too loud during TV performances in comparison to Carrie's mic.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I'm not concerned with whether Carrie will kill it - I know she will. My only concern is the sound mixing. They always seem to turn the band up too loud during TV performances in comparison to Carrie's mic.
    Probably because they're trying to drown out Katy Perry.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    You guys make me nervous.

yeah but she had been off for a year then. Carrie was still good at the ACMs and I think people exagerrated it. I think her only problem was breath issues as she was out of shape from so much time off.

She sounded amazing last night at the opry.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    maybe she just enjoyed the show

the end reminded me a bit of the 2006 ACM performance

UI isn't awful (well not too awful) but it just doesn't play well at the Opry imo.
    There are so many uptempo songs Carrie has recorded that would be a better fit.
    I love Undo It for arena shows-- like her tour. It is so great live in that setting. Everyone loves it and rocks out to it. But I agree with you that the Opry is not really the right venue for that song.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Have I gone deaf? Because I dont hear anything bad with Carrie or the new background girl, yes the "bye bye" are different but they are not bad. And after UI Carrie really was having problems to breath and talk but that's it.

The beat in TBC is amazing live

Concert Stars
    I heard nothing wrong with Carrie last night. She choked up on JTTW but that is normal and fine. Not sure what people are referring to though, as far as flaws in her performance?

Carrie Guru
    I'm glad it was just that she was emotional. Thanks for letting me know.

^^It's just that she's usually spot on Tee, so my expectations are always high when she comes to the Opry. She was great on TBC but the bgv needs some more work with the song. Jamie really spoiled us.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm glad it was just that she was emotional. Thanks for letting me know.

^^It's just that she's usually spot on Tee, so my expectations are always high when she comes to the Opry. She was great on TBC but the bgv needs some more work with the song. Jamie really spoiled us.
    Basing opinions on an amateur recording of a notoriously crummy feed is always dangerous. I'm not trying to pick on opry but it often seems that people on here are just looking for something to complain about. The background singer is brand new and she is not going to sound just like Jamie. She was fine, she was just different.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Can't believe I missed that! -_-

Concert Stars
    i love UI and am always glad to hear Carrie perform it at any venue!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I heard nothing wrong with Carrie last night. She choked up on JTTW but that is normal and fine. Not sure what people are referring to though, as far as flaws in her performance?
    This. I thought the BGV except for Undo It did well too. She just has a different tone from Jamie.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Basing opinions on an amateur recording of a notoriously crummy feed is always dangerous. I'm not trying to pick on opry but it often seems that people on here are just looking for something to complain about. The background singer is brand new and she is not going to sound just like Jamie. She was fine, she was just different.
    You can pick on me I don't mind. I admit that we can be over critical of Carrie's performances.

But to clarify, I didn't base my opinion on an amateur recording. I listened to this week's Opry the same way I always do and Carrie came across loud and clear so I was comparing this week to all the previous week's that I have listened to Carrie. She seemed a little off this week and the bgv needs some fine tuning. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    You can pick on me I don't mind. I admit that we can be over critical of Carrie's performances.

But to clarify, I didn't base my opinion on an amateur recording. I listened to this week's Opry the same way I always do and Carrie came across loud and clear so I was comparing this week to all the previous week's that I have listened to Carrie. She seemed a little off this week and the bgv needs some fine tuning. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. lol.
    I was there, been there live to see all but one of Carrie's Opry perfromances live, and you hit the nail on the head.

•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789