Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 55th Grammys Official Discussion Thread: 2/10/13

Concert Stars
    lol I am taping it. Will watch after.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    lol I am taping it. Will watch after.
    Carrie is the only person that I am really interested in seeing and if her performance is on between 9 and 10 it will be on youtube and this site.

Just a thought, do you think Carrie would do a mash up of all three singles, Good Girl, Blown Away and TBC?

I think that would be cool!

Huge Carrie Follower
    im sticking to 2BC on grammys!

I'm now hoping it's Two Black Cadillacs. The video made me have a new appreciation for the track. I really liked TBC when it first came out, but I got tired of it pretty fast. The video warmed me up to it again.

Concert Stars
    I am kind of torned on which song I want her to perform. I want TBC bc its the current single and but I think BA would increase her sales the most and she could have a better visual performace. I hope it's bigger than teh CMA performance because that was kind of bland, great vocals but not very visually pleasing. I really want her to blown away all the other performance and BA works so well as the opener!!!! PLEASE OPEN THE SHOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I am kind of torned on which song I want her to perform. I want TBC bc its the current single and but I think BA would increase her sales the most and she could have a better visual performace. I hope it's bigger than teh CMA performance because that was kind of bland, great vocals but not very visually pleasing. I really want her to blown away all the other performance and BA works so well as the opener!!!! PLEASE OPEN THE SHOW!!!!
    I agree part of me wants Carrie to perform 2bc since it is her current single, but at the same time i want Carrie to perform BA since that song has 2 grammy nominations.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Agree. I hope the people around will actually do something to help him instead of merely taking care of the PR stuff to cover up the fights.
    IMO, he is surrounded with nothing but enablers & "yes men" and if something doesn't change which there is no signs that it will, he will mess with the wrong person one day and it will cost Chris Brown his life.

Even though TBC is the current single and has a lot of momentum with the release of the music video, I'm really hoping that she sings BA. Its the song that she is nominated for so to me it seems most appropriate. Also, The Grammys are celebrating all that was great in the year 2012. BA was one of the best highlights of the past year. BA is vocally more impressive as well. I'm really pulling for it. I never get tired of her performing that one live

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
    Even though TBC is the current single and has a lot of momentum with the release of the music video, I'm really hoping that she sings BA. Its the song that she is nominated for so to me it seems most appropriate. Also, The Grammys are celebrating all that was great in the year 2012. BA was one of the best highlights of the past year. BA is vocally more impressive as well. I'm really pulling for it. I never get tired of her performing that one live

I have to say I agree with you and think that BA would be the BEST for the grammy and it's the same title as the album. I also feel that more peopel can relate to BA the TBC and visually it can be great! (it would be funny of Carrie is honoring someone instead of singing her own song but I am 98% sure she is doing her own song this year!)

Do any of you know if they will do a Whitney Tribute thsi year? I know that they did a Whitney Tribute in November, so I doubt it! BUt Donna Summer also passed way last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I have to say I agree with you and think that BA would be the BEST for the grammy and it's the same title as the album. I also feel that more peopel can relate to BA the TBC and visually it can be great! (it would be funny of Carrie is honoring someone instead of singing her own song but I am 98% sure she is doing her own song this year!)

Do any of you know if they will do a Whitney Tribute thsi year? I know that they did a Whitney Tribute in November, so I doubt it! BUt Donna Summer also passed way last year...
    Jennifer Hudson did a Whitney tribute last year.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    Jennifer Hudson did a Whitney tribute last year.
    Yes, I remembered that but I was wondering if they were doing on this year too. I think they should as she is such an ICONIC figure and truly "THE VOICE"!!!! Celion is GREAT TOO!!!!I hope Carrie can be listed as one of the best one day!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm hoping Carrie will do a medley!!!

Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieU_AUS View Post
    Just a thought, do you think Carrie would do a mash up of all three singles, Good Girl, Blown Away and TBC?

I think that would be cool!

I would love that!!

Concert Stars
    I am ok with medleys-- but then they might not have the big production and theme for one big performance of one song.

I really want this performance to be great and epic--- with great visuals if she does BA like she does on tour. I adore the videos they have on tour of the tornado, etc- as it is a powerful image and really helps enhance the experience. So no matter what she performs-- I hope they are creative and come up with something visually amazing.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I'm still sticking it to 2BC. I have a feeling that her team is going to push this hard to crossover. On top of that carrie said it will gonna be a COOL performance. So no doubt it will be 2BC.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinc View Post
    I'm still sticking it to 2BC. I have a feeling that her team is going to push this hard to crossover. On top of that carrie said it will gonna be a COOL performance. So no doubt it will be 2BC.
    After Good Girl and Blown Away, the songs that had the most chance to crossover, were wasted, do you really think her tem will push this?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinc View Post
    With the planning required, I really really hope its 2BC and with a high profile actress as the other woman, two cadillacs, huge screens for the backdrop, etc.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    With the planning required, I really really hope its 2BC and with a high profile actress as the other woman, two cadillacs, huge screens for the backdrop, etc.
    I agree. It would be really cool if Stephen King would introduce Carrie, too. Dreaming? Perhaps...

Concert Stars
    Wow that is a really great idea actually. Stephen King presenting at the Grammys would be epic. But it might be hard to get him out of his creepy woods in Maine. lol

•  
    Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast