Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 55th Grammys Official Discussion Thread: 2/10/13

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    She may be big but that doesnt make her remotely good. Hanna Montana and Bieber are big too and both sing better then taylor- yet both get snubbed by grammys every time. So why all the over praise and hype for tonedeaf taylor when Biebs and Miley both sing better?
    you can't do anything, TS has a lot of money for promotion

Concert Stars
    ^ and that, my friends, is the bottom line. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

^ and that, my friends, is the bottom line. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    so don't complain when Carrie is not in the commercial in Grammy coz that's a paid commercial, TS people paid it naturally Carrie won't be there, anyway, Carrie doesn't need it we will just watch Carrie's performance thats all that matters

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    Rihanna will not perform solo. According to Grammys twitter, she will perform together with Bruno Mars and Sting!
    This is awesome!

Carrie Guru
    Hunter vs Carrie..... Just something I have to bring up.....

After seeing Hunter in concert I realized that he is less country than Carrie, it's funny how Nashville protects their own. lol.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by elba2007 View Post
    so don't complain when Carrie is not in the commercial in Grammy coz that's a paid commercial, TS people paid it naturally Carrie won't be there, anyway, Carrie doesn't need it we will just watch Carrie's performance thats all that matters
    Carrie was on the Grammy commercial in Canada.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by elba2007 View Post
    So, did Gary Oveton pay for the Grammy ad that Carrie is in that Taylor is not in?

Concert Stars
    I've been watching the grammy for a very long time and I have seen it change and change back alot of times.
    This TS stuff is just the pendulem swinging. It is pop culture in full gear. The Villiness one day and Queen the next.
    I hate that she is openning the show just because she is once again given a sound bit to sell herself that she just does not deserve. But it is what it is.
    I am finding that the more attention is put on her the less her image can hold up to the scrutiny. So I say bring it on.
    IF the Grammys can forget so easily that S.Nicks performance and have the Queen of Pitchy actually open the show, than it is clear that it is for money and noteriety.
    so let it be. IT will either be forgetable, or it will be an epic flop.
    Either way, it will be over quickly, much like a shot in the "A.."!

Concert Stars
    ^^Maybe they are allowing autotune, backing tracks and her backup sings to carry the load, while she 'performs'. lol
    Anyone else notice that her blond BVG never leaves her mic stand, and the others do? Strange...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ^^Maybe they are allowing autotune, backing tracks and her backup sings to carry the load, while she 'performs'. lol
    Anyone else notice that her blond BVG never leaves her mic stand, and the others do? Strange...
    all thats probably true but have you ever watched her perform? She's awkward a h**l, bad.
    How're they going to mask that?Maybe fire again to distract?

Concert Stars
    She always sings to a backing track, this will be no different. (yes tay fans, she shouts along with it but it is still there to keep her on pitch and to give her voice depth).
    But the awkward dancing and poor "pouting and acting", is all part of the "I'm just like you" agenda that makes her sell so many records.
    Some say she is opening the grammys cause she is "so popular". I have to say, I really doubt she is, and have for a while. She sells alot of product to alot of kids. But the grammys are not a kids show.
    So the term "popular" should be used with consideration to the venue.
    Michael Vic would not be popular at a dog show.
    Money and power from within has her opening the show. And yes, it will be a manufactured, craptastic spectacle.
    And over as quickly as it started, thank God!
    Oh and wait for the "Awwww Open Mouth Face!!" during the Standing O that was announced to be given before the telecast began.
    I've been to them, they do this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLikesCarrie View Post
    Rihanna will not perform solo. According to Grammys twitter, she will perform together with Bruno Mars and Sting!
    This is awesome!
    That is going to be awesome! Love it!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    So, did Gary Oveton pay for the Grammy ad that Carrie is in that Taylor is not in?
    nothing would surprise me.

Well Carrie was in the FIRST Grammy ad that was on CBS during the preshow--right before Jen Hudson sang.

But after that-- it was Taylor all over every ad, front and center. Sickening. Don't they realize how much adults can't stand her? They are turning viewers off if anything.

Also it bugged me that they keep showing Miranda/Dierks in the commercials more then Carrie. Like-- hello--- since when is Miranda/Dierks more popular and more of a ratings draw then Carrie? Huh!?

I love Miranda and Dierks too- and I am looking forward to their performance. So I am just frustrated that CBS seems to be overlooking Carrie and making it all about Taylor and Miranda. I hope that is not an indication that Carrie lost and they both won.

Concert Stars
    I don't think so in the this case Tee.
    I do believe that the grammys do a reputable job of keeping track of votes and holding them till award time.
    I think it just has more to do with advertizing a show. In this case I don't think it is indicitve of the winners.
    Overton may be gunning for Miranda to have advertizing space. BM is clearly spending huge amonts for TS to be front and center.
    So, though Carrie is a drw and she is used in the advertizing. I do think it is a label "choice" to include the strong Miranda/Dierks push.
    I mean, for the Grammy promoters, I can't think of a less interesting thing to plug than that duet. I thought that the first time I saw it. So it tells me there is a reason for them to plug it. And its certainly not fo ratings. ITs an arrangement they made.
    But Carries name is still up there as the Solo Supreme Goodess that she is.
    So its all good.
    (Overton had to try to stick Miranda in there somewhere). wink!

Concert Stars
    nothing would surprise me.

Well Carrie was in the FIRST Grammy ad that was on CBS during the preshow--right before Jen Hudson sang.

But after that-- it was Taylor all over every ad, front and center. Sickening. Don't they realize how much adults can't stand her? They are turning viewers off if anything.

Also it bugged me that they keep showing Miranda/Dierks in the commercials more then Carrie. Like-- hello--- since when is Miranda/Dierks more popular and more of a ratings draw then Carrie? Huh!?

I love Miranda and Dierks too- and I am looking forward to their performance. So I am just frustrated that CBS seems to be overlooking Carrie and making it all about Taylor and Miranda. I hope that is not an indication that Carrie lost and they both won.
    They are trying to get the young viewer, so they think that Taylor is the reason they will watch. It's all about the young viewers, not about the rest of us!

I hope they don't already know who has won, if they do, then they've lost their credibility. I really hope Carrie has won, but I've quit really hoping for any win at any awards show.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    They are trying to get the young viewer, so they think that Taylor is the reason they will watch. It's all about the young viewers, not about the rest of us!

I hope they don't already know who has won, if they do, then they've lost their credibility. I really hope Carrie has won, but I've quit really hoping for any win at any awards show.
    I agree. I think they shoot for the young domogrphic cause they are already assured a certain percentage of adults and that won't change much. But getting young people to watch is the difference between huge advertizing dollars from wallmart, Cover Girl and Diet Coke and moderate budget dollars from Alka-selter and Bufrin.

Concert Stars
    And I do believe that the votes are still kept sealed.
    Too much at stake to chance a scandel over that.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    all thats probably true but have you ever watched her perform? She's awkward a h**l, bad.
    How're they going to mask that?Maybe fire again to distract?
    I'm sure they have plenty "distractions" planned, such as her awkward dancing/movements, trying to avoid losing their viewers. They have to have something planned, so they are assured there is not another Stevie/Ts-type debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    She always sings to a backing track, this will be no different. (yes tay fans, she shouts along with it but it is still there to keep her on pitch and to give her voice depth).
    But the awkward dancing and poor "pouting and acting", is all part of the "I'm just like you" agenda that makes her sell so many records.
    Some say she is opening the grammys cause she is "so popular". I have to say, I really doubt she is, and have for a while. She sells alot of product to alot of kids. But the grammys are not a kids show.
    So the term "popular" should be used with consideration to the venue.
    Michael Vic would not be popular at a dog show.
    Money and power from within has her opening the show. And yes, it will be a manufactured, craptastic spectacle.
    And over as quickly as it started, thank God!
    Oh and wait for the "Awwww Open Mouth Face!!" during the Standing O that was announced to be given before the telecast began.
    I've been to them, they do this.
    You make a lot of good points. But, don't you agree, that autotune and backing tracks, lipsyncing should be off-limits at award shows, especially the Grammys. The Grammys is suppose to award the best of the best. In my opinion, either you are singing or you're not. Isn't that how Milli Vanilli won Best New Artist, then had their Grammy revoked?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I don't think so in the this case Tee.
    I do believe that the grammys do a reputable job of keeping track of votes and holding them till award time.
    I think it just has more to do with advertizing a show. In this case I don't think it is indicitve of the winners.
    Overton may be gunning for Miranda to have advertizing space. BM is clearly spending huge amonts for TS to be front and center.
    So, though Carrie is a drw and she is used in the advertizing. I do think it is a label "choice" to include the strong Miranda/Dierks push.
    I mean, for the Grammy promoters, I can't think of a less interesting thing to plug than that duet. I thought that the first time I saw it. So it tells me there is a reason for them to plug it. And its certainly not fo ratings. ITs an arrangement they made.
    But Carries name is still up there as the Solo Supreme Goodess that she is.
    So its all good.
    (Overton had to try to stick Miranda in there somewhere). wink!

Then overton needs to be fired already for his continued blatant bias towards miranda over carrie. It is nauseating and unprofessional. Carrie brings in way more $ then Miranda to the label so they should be backing the cash cow not the slower pony. I bet they are using the $ carrie brings in to support Miranda. Sickening.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I'm sure they have plenty "distractions" planned, such as her awkward dancing/movements, trying to avoid losing their viewers. They have to have something planned, so they are assured there is not another Stevie/Ts-type debacle.

You make a lot of good points. But, don't you agree, that autotune and backing tracks, lipsyncing should be off-limits at award shows, especially the Grammys. The Grammys is suppose to award the best of the best. In my opinion, either you are singing or you're not. Isn't that how Milli Vanilli won Best New Artist, then had their Grammy revoked?
    Yes, and you make really important points. But because it is so prevelant at these shows I am not sure there is a point to avoiding it.
    Milli Vanilli got thier grammy revoked because "it was not even them singing on the product that was nominated".
    TS singing to a back track cause she can't stay on pitch live is different. ITs still her (if you ignore the large number of background singing that "also enhances" the experience.).
    But for the sake of the show, they would allow it. I gt that. IT's not cool in my book. No! And it was never the case in the past.
    But because so much music that is now nominated is so "in studio enhanced" it becomes impossible to replicate it live without those enhancements.
    So since the artist (or celebrity) is being honored for the recording they made (not for what they are doing right now) it is probably overlooked.
    It's Sad. It's Pathetic. And they're Liars!
    But its so standard now, that no one even questionns it anymore.
    IT used to be a scandel. But not anymore.
    Everyone knows most of them can't sing.
    Now if Stevie Nicks did it, that would be scandlous. And thats too bad.

•  
    Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast