View Poll Results: Which is Carrie's most Over-Rated song (listed in alphabetical order)

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • All-American Girl

7 10.94%
  • Before He Cheats

6 9.38%
  • Blown Away

1 1.56%
  • I Know You Won't

14 21.88%
  • Jesus Take The Wheel

1 1.56%
  • So Small

7 10.94%
  • Someday When I Stop Loving You

15 23.44%
  • Temporary Home

3 4.69%
  • Two Black Cadillacs

2 3.13%
  • Wine After Whiskey

8 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

What do you think is Carrie's most OVER-rated song??

**DISCLAIMER**
    This thread is for healthy discussion. It is not to insinuate that anyone here is by any means not a Carrie fan, or that they downright HATE any of her songs.

Anyways, I think this could be pretty interesting to see what everyone thinks of this! XD Included in the poll are songs that I've noticed are very hyped and very popular, if none of the ones included in the poll are what YOU think it is, then just say so in the comments

By "Overrated" I dont mean "which of these songs do you think SUCKS?!". What I mean is, is there a song on here that you think gets more buzz than other Carrie songs than you thought the song originally would. Or do you think she performs a particular song live far too often etc.

And again I will re-iterate...I, by no means, hate (or even dislike, for that matter) ANY of the songs included in this poll. This really is meant for healthy discussion and an intelligent exchange of opinions.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Where's the option for "none of the above"?

Concert Stars
    Idk I guess it depends for me lol if we are just talking studio versions, then IKYW. But because of its live version, I dont think it is lol

Let's base it on studio version cause not everybody here has had the chance to go to a cu concert and here ikyw live.

Concert Stars
    Who voted for SWISLY? Omg. Nicole?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love all of these.

I guess I'll have to go with IKYW. She sounds amazing, but the melody/lyrics are boring.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    Let's base it on studio version cause not everybody here has had the chance to go to a cu concert and here ikyw live.
    but they could have heard the amazing PCA version

I'm going with SDWISLY...I never got all the love for that song. It's slow, and plodding and the 5 times I saw it performed in concert totally forgettable.For me easily the most overrated with WAW close behind.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I don't think any of Carrie's songs are overrated.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    but they could have heard the amazing PCA version

I'm going with SDWISLY...I never got all the love for that song. It's slow, and plodding and the 5 times I saw it performed in concert totally forgettable.For me easily the most overrated with WAW close behind.
    ooooh you are brave!!! lol

I voted for IKYW, but the song I really had in mind was Undo It, but it's not included in the choices lol.

I have to agree that while I Know You Won't is spectacular in a live performance the actual song itself does nothing for me. Its repeatative and it drags

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I voted for IKYW, but the song I really had in mind was Undo It, but it's not included in the choices lol.
    I considered it, but then I realized the song gets slammed pretty hard here, so I didn't see it as being highly overrated ;p

Concert Stars
    I voted for SWISLY, I never get the hype for it really and just never could truly get into it and didn't do anything for me when I listen to it, and surprised so many don't like IKYW lol must be one of few that actually likes the song

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I am voting for Undo It even though it isn't on the list. lol

I vote for Someday when I stop loving ZZZZZzzzzz...

Concert Stars
    Well, Im not sure I get how you came up with the nominees. But of the choices I went with WAW. The song still does not resonate with me cause I don't think the metaphore works completely.
    I might have gone with SWISLY but the arrangement and her voice are so completely perfect to me that it hardly matters that it is not that exciting. HEr voice alone just stirs me.
    I get why some might have an issue with IKYW (partly I think cause it is a pop song and some of y'all are true country fans.
    But I think the fail in that song is in the arrangement. I have some serious issues with M.Bright which I won't go into, but I think the arrangement could have been such that this could have been a defining moment of her entire career. Her abilitiy on this song is basically unparalled in popular music today. But because of the arrangement, it comes across as a bit of a vocal lesson in how to hold a big note for an eternity.
    But she certainly does it well.

People voted for BHC? TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE!

Concert Stars
    Ha ha, it actually took me a long time to appreciate BHC. For a long time I only supported it cause it was so clear that alot of people liked it and I wanted to promote Carrie as a singer of popular songs. So I would "sell it up" to people even though I myself would skip it everytime it played.
    But with time it has become one of my most respected recordings of hers.
    Her vocal interpretation is perfection.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Well, Im not sure I get how you came up with the nominees. But of the choices I went with WAW. The song still does not resonate with me cause I don't think the metaphore works completely.
    I might have gone with SWISLY but the arrangement and her voice are so completely perfect to me that it hardly matters that it is not that exciting. HEr voice alone just stirs me.
    I get why some might have an issue with IKYW (partly I think cause it is a pop song and some of y'all are true country fans.
    But I think the fail in that song is in the arrangement. I have some serious issues with M.Bright which I won't go into, but I think the arrangement could have been such that this could have been a defining moment of her entire career. Her abilitiy on this song is basically unparalled in popular music today. But because of the arrangement, it comes across as a bit of a vocal lesson in how to hold a big note for an eternity.
    But she certainly does it well.
    Agreed. I voted for IKYW. Whenever the song is mentioned, it is mentioned on the basis of how great Carrie sounds on it, and how long she can hold those notes. However, I don't personally get any emotional connection from the song. Carrie has really built up the emotional side now in the live performances, but the studio version will always be lacking for me.
    I also agree with those that think Undo It should have been on this poll. It is majorly overrated in my books lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
    I have to agree that while I Know You Won't is spectacular in a live performance the actual song itself does nothing for me. Its repeatative and it drags
    like.......

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast