View Poll Results: Which is Carrie's most Over-Rated song (listed in alphabetical order)

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • All-American Girl

7 10.94%
  • Before He Cheats

6 9.38%
  • Blown Away

1 1.56%
  • I Know You Won't

14 21.88%
  • Jesus Take The Wheel

1 1.56%
  • So Small

7 10.94%
  • Someday When I Stop Loving You

15 23.44%
  • Temporary Home

3 4.69%
  • Two Black Cadillacs

2 3.13%
  • Wine After Whiskey

8 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Out of those, SWISLY.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezik View Post
    Honestly, Do You Think About Me? or That's Where it It.

On this list, All-American Girl.

I pretty much agree on those!

I do have a soft spot for the AAG video though - seeing Carrie as a news reader, teacher, and President of the United States was a treat. Although musically it's a long way off my taste, I can see why people like the song, as light-hearted and fun, but I think Carrie's gifts really shine on her deeper themes.

(As for SWISlY - when asked, Carrie named it as her favourite track on "Play On", so, by some folks' reasoning, she must be one of the over-raters herself. It's my favourite too)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    (As for SWISlY - when asked, Carrie named it as her favourite track on "Play On", so, by some folks' reasoning, she must be one of the over-raters herself.)
    Carrie overrates a lot of her songs. LN, UI, NETY, ITYS, TH, and she clearly she overrated MS (though not so much anymore).

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Carrie overrates a lot of her songs. LN, UI, NETY, ITYS, TH, and she clearly she overrated MS (though not so much anymore).
    I personally don't think that's technically "overrating", I think that's just a matter of preference/diversity. Also, some of those songs are kindda like "niche" songs that appeal to a certain issue/demographic, which I think caters to a specific group of people that, at times, are misrepresented in artforms (like having a mother/daughter wedding song, that meant SO much to some people)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    I personally don't think that's technically "overrating", I think that's just a matter of preference/diversity.
    What do you consider overrating? Overrating is SUPPOSED to be a matter of preference/diversity.

Concert Stars
    What do you consider overrating? Overrating is SUPPOSED to be a matter of preference/diversity.
    I consider something 'overrated' when you see a LOOOOOOOT of love going to one particular song that you've never really been able to get into. IMO I don't think Carrie has placed an excess of love on those songs; MS, for example, isn't my all-time favorite Carrie track (I can't really relate to it lol) but I never really felt like it was being overrated

Concert Stars
    I consider something 'overrated' when you see a LOOOOOOOT of love going to one particular song that you've never really been able to get into. IMO I don't think Carrie has placed an excess of love on those songs; MS, for example, isn't my all-time favorite Carrie track (I can't really relate to it lol) but I never really felt like it was being overrated
    The "a LOOOOOOOOOOOT" part is partially subjective, too, though, no? I think the amount of attention Carrie gave MS was waaaaaaaaaaay more than it deserved. It should've been a song performed a few times when the album first dropped and then largely ignored (kinda like the treatment Carrie gave GIG and WAW this era). But no. Instead, she performed it on tour and released it as a single (not to mention it was one of the countdown singles). That, to me, is excess. It did not deserve that kind of attention. And I don't even dislike MS one bit. I just don't like that it filled up a spot a more adequate song deserved (ie OW).

Concert Stars
    The "a LOOOOOOOOOOOT" part is partially subjective, too, though, no? I think the amount of attention Carrie gave MS was waaaaaaaaaaay more than it deserved. It should've been a song performed a few times when the album first dropped and then largely ignored (kinda like the treatment Carrie gave GIG and WAW this era). But no. Instead, she performed it on tour and released it as a single (not to mention it was one of the countdown singles). That, to me, is excess. It did not deserve that kind of attention. And I don't even dislike MS one bit. I just don't like that it filled up a spot a more adequate song deserved (ie OW).
    Absolutely fair, I know EXACTLY what you mean by this. And yes, you have an excellent point that the "LOOOOOOOOOOT" is indeed subjective, but I absolutely understand and respect your point of view. It all boils down to the ambiguity of the topic, I suppose

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't think Carrie 'overrated' MS at all. It was very special to her, and she gave it the treatment she thought it deserved. If the fans would've loved it, I would feel differently, but most trashed it.

I think SWISLY is kinda overrated, and LLA.

Nicole,

I seem to remember a Twitter conversation awhile back; I basically said a song that's 'overrated' gets a lot of love from people, and you said that just because a lot of people love it DOESN'T mean it's overrated. . Objectively, anything can be overrated if you don't think it's deserving of the hype.

Concert Stars
    Absolutely fair, I know EXACTLY what you mean by this. And yes, you have an excellent point that the "LOOOOOOOOOOT" is indeed subjective, but I absolutely understand and respect your point of view. It all boils down to the ambiguity of the topic, I suppose
    Yeah, with topics like these, it seems like everyone uses a different measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I don't think Carrie 'overrated' MS at all. It was very special to her, and she gave it the treatment she thought it deserved. If the fans would've loved it, I would feel differently, but most trashed it.
    You've kinda missed my point. The fans don't overrate MS at all. In fact, if anything, I think we have a tendency to underrate it. I'm sure we're in agreement there. But the fans' opinions are irrelevant to my point. I'm talking about Carrie. She seems to adore the song way more than I do, so from my pov, she overrates it for me. She gives it more love than I believe it deserves.

I think SWISLY is kinda overrated, and LLA.
    I feel like I'm having deja vu and you've already explained this to me (sorry about my memory lol), but how is LLA at all overrated? I feel like Jess and I are the only two people on the planet who overpraise it. It's generally ignored on this site and usually places in a low spot on people's rankings from what I've seen. So, I guess what I'm asking is, it's overrated in relation to what? Do you mean that Carrie overrates it?

Concert Stars
    I still love it, don't get me wrong, but "Two Black Cadillacs". So many people post how they feel it is better than "Blown Away" which I think is bizarre. Still a great song and I agree with it being a single, I jut feel that fans and non-fans of Carrie seem to like it more than I do. Music is subjective though, so this is all personal.

And while I feel the actual song "I Know You Won't" is nothing phenomenal, the live performances of it consistently are. It's a song I don't listen to all that often at home, but I'd be upset if it was tossed out of the concert setlist.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, with topics like these, it seems like everyone uses a different measuring stick.

You've kinda missed my point. The fans don't overrate MS at all. In fact, if anything, I think we have a tendency to underrate it. I'm sure we're in agreement there. But the fans' opinions are irrelevant to my point. I'm talking about Carrie. She seems to adore the song way more than I do, so from my pov, she overrates it for me. She gives it more love than I believe it deserves.

I feel like I'm having deja vu and you've already explained this to me (sorry about my memory lol), but how is LLA at all overrated? I feel like Jess and I are the only two people on the planet who overpraise it. It's generally ignored on this site and usually places in a low spot on people's rankings from what I've seen. So, I guess what I'm asking is, it's overrated in relation to what? Do you mean that Carrie overrates it?
    Well, yes. You and Jess overrate it, then.

Concert Stars
    Well, yes. You and Jess overrate it, then.
    Okay, that's true.

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    I FINALLY was able to enter the site. Okay, I have to say SWISLY. I fell in love with the demo, but I was tremendously dissaponted when the album version came out. The absolutely ruined the instrumentation for me.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDemiuges View Post
    I FINALLY was able to enter the site. Okay, I have to say SWISLY. I fell in love with the demo, but I was tremendously dissaponted when the album version came out. The absolutely ruined the instrumentation for me.
    the demo?! :O There's a demo released for it!?!?!?!

Concert Stars
    the demo?! :O There's a demo released for it!?!?!?!
    With Hillary Lindsey on vocals.

Edit:

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDemiuges View Post
    I was the opposite. I thought the demo was "meh," but Carrie completely changed my prospective when I heard her version. I HATED the I'll move on baby just like you
    When the desert floods and the grass turns blue line. LOL.

Concert Stars
    With Hillary Lindsey on vocals.

Edit:

OMG!! thank you!!!

Wine After Whiskey

Concert Stars
    Who voted for Blown Away? O________O

•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast