Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cant Stop Lovin You Radio Edit

Concert Stars

Cant Stop Lovin You Radio Edit

So apparently this is the radio edit for CSLY...credit to someone who posted it on aerfanatics facebook post about the edit lol

and apparently its supposed to be more 'pop' but I cant tell lol

https://soundcloud.com/user574228610...ovin-you-radio

Im not 100% sure if it is or not. It is 10 seconds shorter than the album version but it sounds the same to me

Concert Stars
    awesome! Tx for posting! I can't tell the difference either but I am super psyched it will be a single soon!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The beat in the background seems more pronounced.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I don't hear a difference.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by smilesalot2day View Post
    I don't hear a difference.
    The song features Carrie more prominently. The second chorus on the album is both Tyler and Underwood together. On the radio edit, each line features one over the other....creating a more "trading off of vocals" effect.

In any event, this song is going to be played a hell of a lot in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by aerofanatic View Post
    The song features Carrie more prominently. The second chorus on the album is both Tyler and Underwood together. On the radio edit, each line features one over the other....creating a more "trading off of vocals" effect.

In any event, this song is going to be played a hell of a lot in the coming months.
    I hope you're right. I'm not counting much on Hot AC success.

I doubt it will have much (if any) success. Soz

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I do hear some differences - I think the musical line is more prominently emphasized in the second version. Carrie's voice sounds a little deeper, and there are places where I thought she seemed to be exaggerating her accent a little more. Generally, I'm hearing the second version more clearly and crisply.
    (I'm comparing two ogg files recorded on separate occasions, though, and the compression sometimes causes effects not really there in the originals, so it's hard to be sure)

Concert Stars
    Are you sure this is the radio edit? It's very poorly edited.

In the first chorus, Steven is singing in a lower register and Carrie in a higher one. In the second chorus, it's switched (in the ORIGINAL version anyways). In this radio edit, what they did was LITERALLY copy the first chorus and paste it to play in the background of the second chorus; you can even hear a tiny little *blip* where the transitions are.

Carrie Guru
    The only difference I hear is Steven's voice is turned up when the chorus is sung the second time.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Wow nice attitude. The song is amazing and I am tired of Carrie's own fans trashing it.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow nice attitude. The song is amazing and I am tired of Carrie's own fans trashing it.
    Tee, I am truly not trying to be mean, but I just have to point out that you have said far crueler things about MS than carebear4eva said about this song. I seem to remember you defending your right to say those cruel things as well.
    You may think it is amazing, but others may not. That is perfectly okay. At least carebear4eva is voicing that opinion here and not on some other board not devoted to loving Carrie. Just because a Carrie fan dislikes a song by Carrie certainly does not mean that they still will not support it in some way at radio. I am not a fan of Undo It, but I still put in requests for it at radio when it was a single .

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I love the song, I have listened to it a dozen times. I hope it gets a ton of play!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I downloaded the album and the single and can honestly say I enjoy the duet more than any other. Of course at my age, my tastes have been all over the place, but kind of settled on country.....thanks to Garth and then Carrie. I think the biggest problem with the work of any of the legends is that it is hard to bring on new fans as the mass of their work is past thm. Radio does not seem to waste much time on anyone that is not current. I think Carrie will help some because she is a current star, but then the detractors are going to think it too country. The only hope I have is the success of the Bonjovie/Sugarland hit. Have to wait and see and request the song. The sales numbers have not been encouraging.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think the song is pretty catchy and I hope you are wrong.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar
    I don't think it's official, may be a version edited by a fan.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Tee, I am truly not trying to be mean, but I just have to point out that you have said far crueler things about MS than carebear4eva said about this song. I seem to remember you defending your right to say those cruel things as well.
    You may think it is amazing, but others may not. That is perfectly okay. At least carebear4eva is voicing that opinion here and not on some other board not devoted to loving Carrie. Just because a Carrie fan dislikes a song by Carrie certainly does not mean that they still will not support it in some way at radio. I am not a fan of Undo It, but I still put in requests for it at radio when it was a single .
    I supported MS despite not liking it. But this song is way better then MS. lol

I'd guess that may be because it's not an obvious match for either Carrie's or Aerosmith's usual work, and therefore could fall between two stools for both fan bases.

That is a risk - but it could also go the other way, and catch on as a fresh approach that both find interesting.

I don't think Carrie should have any logical stylistic problem holding her own as a vocalist for open-minded Rock Music fans (the problem is, though, that music of any type is often marked by "tribal loyalties" and preconceived notions, and music fans everywhere have their share of people who are not open-minded - some may start with a dim view of Country, contemporary chart music generally, and/or her American Idol image.)
    For i's part, contemporary Country seems to love people crossing over to them temporarily for collaborations. It also has the CMT Crossroads episode to prepare the way.
    I'm not sure that Bon Jovi is an exact precedent though, as they did a whole Country album, and took it pretty seriously (their collaboration with Hillary Lindsey, "Seat Next To You" is one of my favourites)

I'd be disappointed if this doesn't catch on, but I think it could go either way.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I am a rock fan and I really dig Aerosmith and just bought the new album and have been playing the heck out of it. I like the Steven/Carrie duet and think they sound amazing together. I hope it will do well on radio----and I think it actually will. It is a different sound than anything else out there today---and the beat is fantastic....It resonates in your head and stays there.

I was wondering if there'd been any further developments with regard to this song. Was it sent to radio, and if so, does anyone know if it was played much? Has anyone heard whether there are any further plans for it - e.g. collaborative performances?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast