Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree3709Likes

Thread: 2013 ACM awards

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars

2013 ACM awards

Hey guys!

Whoever deleted/moved our conversation/comments about the 2013 ACM awards please post/move them back here please! You got rid of our good stuff but left the Taylor Swift crap there on the mediabase thread...delete that sh! T while your at it.

Anyway we were discussing the coming ACMs and Carrie's chance at Album OTY over the eligible Luke Eric and Hunter!
    What do you think guys about Blown Away winning over Tailgates and Tanlines?

The nominations come out soon as well I believe?

Cheers,
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    Hey guys!

Whoever deleted/moved our conversation/comments about the 2013 ACM awards please post/move them back here please! You got rid of our good stuff but left the Taylor Swift crap there on the mediabase thread...delete that sh! T while your at it.

Anyway we were discussing the coming ACMs and Carrie's chance at Album OTY over the eligible Luke Eric and Hunter!
    What do you think guys about Blown Away winning over Tailgates and Tanlines?

The nominations come out soon as well I believe?

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Luke Bryan album was released in 2011 and the elgibily period is for 2012. So more than likely it is not going to get a nom, and the reason i am saying more than likely is because of the criteria for aoty. Hunter hayes album was released in 2011 and his ep released this probably didn't sell enough copies to be nominated. Eric Church album was released in 2011, Miranda Lambert album was released in 2011.

This award is presented to the artist(s), producer(s) and record company of an outstanding country music album during the prior calendar year of December 1st to November 28th. The nominees shall be determined by a nomination ballot(s) and are subject to the approval of the Board. The winner shall be determined by a vote of the ACM professional membership.
    Any album released during the eligibility period and achieving its largest cumulative sales impact in the Nielsen Sounds can Country Albums chart is eligible. If the album was released prior to the eligibility period, but achieved its largest cumulative sales impact during the eligibility period, it is eligible unless it has won previously in this category.Any album, which contains more than 3 (three) previously released full-length selections including, but not limited to, “best of” or “greatest hits” albums, is not eligible.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Miranda won AOTY last year for FTR at the ACM's so her album is not eligible this year.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Miranda won AOTY last year for FTR at the ACM's so her album is not eligible this year.
    I actually can't believe Miranda won last year. Her album barely sold that muchs and it was not that great. I think Jason should of won. The Blake and Miranda love is getting old and I will laugh at their faces when she wins FV this year!

It's nice to win bc it boost uo their sales and I hope Carrie wins but if not, oh well

new artist of the year vote is now open

http://www.gactv.com/gac/pac_ctnt/te..._84999,00.html

This year SERIOUSLY I dont expect anything! I hope that Carrie gets a lot of nominations but ... I dont know!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    ^^^What? Carrie did not do enough in 2012 to garner nominations and awards at the 2013 ACMs???

Concert Stars
    Carrie did more then enough in 2012 to get the following nominations, by far, on paper anyway:

EOTY
    Female vocalist
    Video- Blown Away
    Song/Single- Blown Away
    Album- Blown Away

However-- because she is snubbed so much lately, and there is very tough competition for album (ie, Jason Aldean, Little Big Town, Freakin Eric Church and Luke Bryan a second time, etc- and even the pop album Red)--- I am expecting only the following nomination:

Female Vocalist of the Year

If things keep going the way they are going, Miranda will win Female again anyway, sadly.

So yeah, I am not expecting any wins, sadly. But I hope I am wrong about the nominations. I hope she at least gets a couple nominations and not the token Female Vocalist crap again. So sick of the snubs.

The only thing i am expecting is a fvoty nom and i wouldn't be surprised if swsrn gets a nom for eoty after looking at the voting criteria.

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
    This award is presented to the individual, duo or group who showed the most overall success in the country music industry during the prior calendar year of December 1st to November 28th. The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, sales of pre-recorded music, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry.

Success at radio? does that include all radio format such as pop radio or just country radio?
    Sales of pre-recorded music- yep that is definatinaly on swsrn side; epic sad face ....
    Success of music videos- this is also in swsrn favor- another epic sad face ......
    Vocal performance- whooo we're safe here this is on weak spot for swsrn epic happy face
    Live concert ticket sale- does this include international dates or just national? if it includes international then it sort-of favors swsrn, and if it doesn't include international dates then Carrie will have a better chance in getting the nom and not swsrn so happy face
    Artistic merit- idk what that is lol
    Appearance of television- well with all the promo for red this is on swsrn side also sad face
    Appearances in films- ugh swsrn was in the lorax booo another sad face
    Songwriting- great swsrn writes/co-writes all of her songs sad face
    Success at digital media- oh to joy another factor in favor of swsrn sad face
    Contribution to country music- i think we are safe here so happy face

after looking at the criteria for eoty I have came to the conclusion that swsrn is most definately going to get a nom once again for acm eoty. extremely epic sad face .....D:

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    ^^^What? Carrie did not do enough in 2012 to garner nominations and awards at the 2013 ACMs???
    She does enough every year! and every year she is snubbed!! For that reason I dont expect so much.

Concert Stars
    ^ yeah I am kind of with Simon. The CMAS snubbed her so badly despite her new album being out before the end of the eligibility period, so I am not expecting much from ACMS either.

ACMS are much better to Carrie then CMAs, but even they have been cooling to her lately. So I would rather expect 1 nom- Female Vocalist- then have my hopes crushed again when she is snubbed yet again.

Seems like SONY has very little power anymore anyway, except to get Miranda a zillion wins.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well, 2012 was much much much better than 2011 for Carrie. As for me, I am not going to live in the past as an indication of the future. Past is done, kaput, over... let's play on ... I can not think of any reasonable rationale for any female country artist other than Carrie to win the 2013 ACM FVOTY.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree that on paper, Carrie deserves it more then anyone. I just don't trust these people anymore. They seem to be over Carrie no matter how well she does.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ yeah I am kind of with Simon. The CMAS snubbed her so badly despite her new album being out before the end of the eligibility period, so I am not expecting much from ACMS either.

ACMS are much better to Carrie then CMAs, but even they have been cooling to her lately. So I would rather expect 1 nom- Female Vocalist- then have my hopes crushed again when she is snubbed yet again.

Seems like SONY has very little power anymore anyway, except to get Miranda a zillion wins.
    Thanks! Female vocalist is safe, and they HAVE to nominate her for EOTY! but I dont expect much, will see!

FVOTY nomination I'm confident that she will get the nomination. I'm just not sure of a win though. Miranda's singles have been uderwhelming with the exception of the current one, but I think the Miranda love by the voting body is still strong lol.

Concert Stars
    Isn't it sad that we have come to expect so little from the awards anymore? With Carrie still being in her prime you would think she would get a lot more love, but with the politics and block voting and the powers in Nashville, I don't expect much anymore either.

It's the pessimist in me, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised rather than bitterly disappointed.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Isn't it sad that we have come to expect so little from the awards anymore? With Carrie still being in her prime you would think she would get a lot more love, but with the politics and block voting and the powers in Nashville, I don't expect much anymore either.

It's the pessimist in me, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised rather than bitterly disappointed.
    Like!!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars

like like like!

I admit, I was disappointed by the outcome at the CMAs last year. Don't get me wrong, I like miranda, but I really thought Carrie accomplished more than enough to garner a win.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Hey CFs - come over and vote for Carrie here:

http://popdust.com/tournaments/vote-...r-of-all-time/

Think of it as practice for the EOTY voting.

•  
    Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast