Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 64 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3009
Like Tree3709Likes

Thread: 2013 ACM awards

Concert Stars
    Poor Carrie. She will attend, look hot, out perform everyone, get snubbed, go home, and do it all over again at the CMAS. (sigh)

Getting dang old.

Thank God the Grammys still have a clue.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I read the press release for these 'special' awards the other day and I seriously could not believe what I was reading. Every single one of them seemed so fake and made up I really thought that they were made up awards. I think Jason Aldean was given the milestone award and for what because he's touring and he sold out some stadiums??? I thought that was part of the ETOTY award?

After reading about these 'made up' awards -- I know they're not really made up but they sure seem that way to me -- I found myself thinking of all the reasons Carrie could and should be given the milestone award but alas it seems she won't ever get anything like that. Like has there been any other artist, male or female, to start their career out with how many #1s in a row???? Or what about the recognition and fans she's brought to country music??? And then in a related note, I heard on GAC top 20 that Kasey Musgrave (or whatever her name is) received 4 nominations this year??? What's that about? How in the world could she or did she receive more nominations than Carrie?

So I've really come to the conclusion that this award show business is for the birds. They can hand out all the made up awards that they want and the politics can over elevate a newcomer. But I really believe that its going to be a very long time before the genre sees another female have touring numbers and radio success and cd sales and the celebrity status thus bringing focus on the country music genre as Carrie Underwood (and no SWSRN doesn't count cuz she's POP).

Concert Stars
    Kacey MusFLOP is overrated. Sorry.
    utlovescarrie likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh one more thought, it almost seemed like to me that the awards that were already announced were giving to artists because they were afraid these artists weren't going to win any of the awards they were nominated for, so its almost like they are being felt sorry for or something. It all just strikes me as very weird and strange. And yes I know and believe that the voting results are sealed and they don't know ahead of time who's won and stuff.

And loudmouth BS is being WAAAAAAAYYY over rewarded and praised for what he's doing on the Voice. It's a stupid tv show!
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Oh one more thought, it almost seemed like to me that the awards that were already announced were giving to artists because they were afraid these artists weren't going to win any of the awards they were nominated for, so its almost like they are being felt sorry for or something. It all just strikes me as very weird and strange. And yes I know and believe that the voting results are sealed and they don't know ahead of time who's won and stuff.

And loudmouth BS is being WAAAAAAAYYY over rewarded and praised for what he's doing on the Voice. It's a stupid tv show!
    Have to point out the BS not only stands for Blake Shelton, but also something else..

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    F*** the ACMs I am not watching that crap.Those voters make me so angry.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    They are beginning to treat Kacey like they did Taylor in the beginning. She probably is a very good lyricist...but her voice isn't very strong. Wonder how she's doing in the arena shows with Kenny. She seems more like a small venue, intimate type to me. ...but what do I know.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Sick to death of Miranda winning FVOTY but I'm gonna vomit if Taylor wins.
    liveasong and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Poor Carrie. She will attend, look hot, out perform everyone, get snubbed, go home, and do it all over again at the CMAS. (sigh)

Getting dang old.

Thank God the Grammys still have a clue.
    She just had to keep the reminding herself that she was he one asked to be Maria in TSOM out any genre of singer or any actress and that is more of an honor than winning a stupid ACM

Concert Stars
    I read the press release for these 'special' awards the other day and I seriously could not believe what I was reading. Every single one of them seemed so fake and made up I really thought that they were made up awards. I think Jason Aldean was given the milestone award and for what because he's touring and he sold out some stadiums??? I thought that was part of the ETOTY award?

After reading about these 'made up' awards -- I know they're not really made up but they sure seem that way to me -- I found myself thinking of all the reasons Carrie could and should be given the milestone award but alas it seems she won't ever get anything like that. Like has there been any other artist, male or female, to start their career out with how many #1s in a row???? Or what about the recognition and fans she's brought to country music??? And then in a related note, I heard on GAC top 20 that Kasey Musgrave (or whatever her name is) received 4 nominations this year??? What's that about? How in the world could she or did she receive more nominations than Carrie?

So I've really come to the conclusion that this award show business is for the birds. They can hand out all the made up awards that they want and the politics can over elevate a newcomer. But I really believe that its going to be a very long time before the genre sees another female have touring numbers and radio success and cd sales and the celebrity status thus bringing focus on the country music genre as Carrie Underwood (and no SWSRN doesn't count cuz she's POP).

I bet the ACMS threw JAson Aldean a bone with the Touring Award because they know Taylor won EOTY.No one can beat her rabid fan base in the voting.

NOT watching.

yes-- kasey may be talented, but she did not deserve 4 nominations while Carrie got 2. Ludicrous. Her album just came out this week!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Sick to death of Miranda winning FVOTY but I'm gonna vomit if Taylor wins.
    sick to death of both of them winning to be honest, but both WILL win, EOTY and Female respectively, so I am NOT watching. No freaking way.

We all know how this is going to go down. So boring and predictable.

Do the ACMs really think we are stupid enough to expect a different result then Miranda winning Female and Taylor winning EOTY? Seriously?

If Taylor's pop album wins best country album--- that is the end of country music credibility at award shows.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wait what? Kacey got a FVOTY nomination WITHOUT having an album out? :O
    teesharky and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars

You are actually correct. The ACMS know Taylor is winning EOTY as it is fan voted--- so they threw Blake and JAson bones with these lame Special Honors awards.

But Blake and Miranda are winning Female and Male vocalist yet again--- Power Couple Vomit Inducing Crap- so haven't then won enough?!!!?? Must they get new fake awards too?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Wait what? Kacey got a FVOTY nomination WITHOUT having an album out? :O
    yep. She had one song-- Merry Go Round- come out in the eligibility period. Her album came out this month and is not even eligible.

Yet she got more nominations then Carrie. Sickening.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    F*** the ACMs I am not watching that crap.Those voters make me so angry.
    well said.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    If Carrie was given one tonight im 99% sure no one would say peep. In fact, I'm pretty sure it'd be opposite; the ACMs would be PRAISED for their wonderful and intelligent idea

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    If Carrie was given one tonight im 99% sure no one would say peep. In fact, I'm pretty sure it'd be opposite; the ACMs would be PRAISED for their wonderful and intelligent idea
    I know. LOL. I am so f*cked up in the head.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Piticco-- I am actually ok with Jason Aldean winning the touring award, since he is snubbed at every award show for EOTY despite having better touring numbers then Blake, and actual country tours unlike Taylor.

But the Blake thing really annoyed me. I like Blake-- but winning an award for being on the Voice is just lame.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm going to stop reading these Award threads, so depressing & madding it's not good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    I'm going to stop reading these Award threads, so depressing & madding it's not good for me.
    Okay.

•