Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Carrie Follower

What will Carrie Underwood's Fourth Single Be?

So from many Interviews i have watched with Carrie She has described her Blown Away Album as Darker than previous ones with more storytelling

so far we have had

'Good Girl' telling a Girl to Move on from her lying , cheating boyfriend .
    'Blown Away' Telling the story of a Girl living a miserable life and wishing everything would blow away.
    'Two Black Cadillacs' telling the story of a wife and mistress who arrange the killing of a man cheating on both of them .

so normally with Carrie we get 4 to 5 songs off her albums as singles so what do you guys think will be the next Single once 'Two Black Cadillacs' Hits Number 1 in a few weeks?

Maybe Good in Goodbye and Wine after whiskey ?

from the interviews i dont think carrie will be doing any uplifting songs when so far the direction of her songs has pointed to darker stronger themes .

See You Again or Leave Love Alone (re-released with Hunter Hayes)

And then for the summer the funny and catchy One Way Ticket!!!

Concert Stars
    OWT for summer should be a lock- but if 2bc peaks by march that is way too early for a summer song. So i say release either DYTAM or Cupid next if TBC peaks by March. Then release OWT in July. Then release a 6th single in fall-WAW or LLA etc- or Cupid or DYTAM.

Carrie needs to buy time since she wont start album till 2014 at earliest. So shd may as well release 6 singles to tide over the fans while she is busy with SOM.

Concert Stars
    I think we are in for some surprises. LLA is a catchy song and is my guess for #4. OWT is a change of pace and my guess for #5. If we get a 6th, this is where we may really get a surprise. Carrie likes her inspirational songs. WAY fits the bill. It has more favorable reactions than we realize. I see it as a possible #6, if we get that far. I don't think the ballads are going to get much attention from this album. Many like DYTAM. It's a nice song but I feel it lacks excitement and the 'it' factor.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberzoney View Post
    I think we are in for some surprises. LLA is a catchy song and is my guess for #4. OWT is a change of pace and my guess for #5. If we get a 6th, this is where we may really get a surprise. Carrie likes her inspirational songs. WAY fits the bill. It has more favorable reactions than we realize. I see it as a possible #6, if we get that far. I don't think the ballads are going to get much attention from this album. Many like DYTAM. It's a nice song but I feel it lacks excitement and the 'it' factor.
    Agree!!

I really need that fourth single to be more country sounding, that's why I wouldn't pick SYA or OWT. As well as being country sounding I would like the fourth single to be a little more upbeat given that BA and TBC were so dark. I think that DYTAM, NETY, and LLA are all country and upbeat. I would like any of those to be the next single. Since TBC was released in November I'm guessing the next single might be released in early Spring, perhaps the end of March for my bday

Concert Stars
    I still wish she'd release Wine After Whiskey.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    No one knows.

I would love a 5th single, but I think that Blown Away will have just 4 singles.

TBC has peaked in March, the new single starts in April and peak in summer, July or August. One Way Ticket is a very good choice to summer and Cupid's Got a Shotgun would amazing in country radios... to me OWT and Cupid's are the best choices.

Concert Stars
    DYTAM is next.
    OWT for Summer 2013 / Fall 2013
    WAW for Fall 2013 / Winter 2014

Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    dytam is next.
    Owt for summer 2013 / fall 2013
    waw for fall 2013 / winter 2014

like!

Concert Stars
    I have no idea what single #4 will be, but I'm hoping WAW gets released at some point.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    I would say or "Do You Think About Me" or "Leave Love Alone" (and maybe "Nobody Ever Told You" but I don't think so, although, I ♥♥♥ the song). And of course "One Way Ticket for the summer, it would be perfect!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    See You Again or Leave Love Alone (re-released with Hunter Hayes)

And then for the summer the funny and catchy One Way Ticket!!!
    Agree - can't get enough of that duo since seeing them on tour!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm thinking DYTAM or CGAS are the most likely choices.

If you look at the past Carrie's chosen singles for each album have also been included in that tours setlist. As much as I love a song like Wine After Whiskey, I can't imagine it being single if it isn't even a part of the tour setlist. A single has to be a song that she sings frequently so if its not part of the tour I highly doubt it will be a single. To look at what songs are left on the BA tour from the BA album:
    Do You Think About Me
    Nobody Ever Told You
    One Way Ticket
    Thank God For Hometowns
    Leave Love Alone
    Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    As I said above I really hope for DYTAM, NETY, or LLA. They are all country and upbeat, qualities I believe the fourth single should have.

Concert Stars
    Here is one complication: The Aerosmith duet comes out next week to Hot AC. They did a country remix, so I wonder if it goes to country after 2BC peaks?

They could let the duet rise on the charts from March to June- and then release One Way Ticket in June as the summer song. Then- they could release WAW or Cupid or DYTAM as single 5 in the Fall, and release single 6 in January 2014 since Carrie won't be ready on a new album for a long time- maybe not till Late Fall 2014 or even later.

This time they should take advantage of Carrie needing more time to rest up after Sound of Music before she can realistically pull out Album 5.....They may as well keep releasing singles off BA and milk it for what it's worth to keep the fans happy, and keep Carrie on country radio for a little longer before this era is done. Otherwise, it could be over a year without any Carrie songs on the radio- which will be torture for us fans like last time. So if Carrie needs/wants extra time for Album 5-- that is fine- give her the time but give us more singles off BA.

Junior Carrie Follower jonas_underwood_fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really hope it's Do You Think About Me. We need some more up beat songs on the radio like that song and after that she should release One Way Ticket! That's just my opinion though.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
    If you look at the past Carrie's chosen singles for each album have also been included in that tours setlist. As much as I love a song like Wine After Whiskey, I can't imagine it being single if it isn't even a part of the tour setlist. A single has to be a song that she sings frequently so if its not part of the tour I highly doubt it will be a single. To look at what songs are left on the BA tour from the BA album:
    Do You Think About Me
    Nobody Ever Told You
    One Way Ticket
    Thank God For Hometowns
    Leave Love Alone
    Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    As I said above I really hope for DYTAM, NETY, or LLA. They are all country and upbeat, qualities I believe the fourth single should have.
    thats not true. ITYS was not in the setlist until it became a single.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    I would love a 5th single, but I think that Blown Away will have just 4 singles.

TBC has peaked in March, the new single starts in April and peak in summer, July or August. One Way Ticket is a very good choice to summer and Cupid's Got a Shotgun would amazing in country radios... to me OWT and Cupid's are the best choices.

I highly doubt there will only be 4 singles. That would only take us into the summer of this year. That means she would not have anything on the radio for next holiday season and I doubt that will happen. 5 singles is more likely because her singles climb fairly quick.

I still believe that the main reason PO did not have a 5th single was because they knew the album had run its course. BA is still doing great three singles in.

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast