Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    I wonder if 1 direction winning favorite album had anything to do with Harry Styles dating TS during the voting and shortly after the voting. Cause i thought that Justin was going to win i didn't expect Carrie to win since she was up against ts and justin

Concert Stars
    Lots of One Direction fans tweeted that they wanted Carrie to beat Taylor and they were pissed Taylor won. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Lots of One Direction fans tweeted that they wanted Carrie to beat Taylor and they were pissed Taylor won. lol
    Hehe. I think Directioners are about as over Tay Tay as some of us are.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Taylor didn't deserve to be in the Country Category. She should have been in the Pop category with Katy Perry. Bottom line.
    Taylor appears to still need the Country category.

If you look at "Favorite Female Artist", Taylor was nominated, but Katy Perry won.
    Similarly, if you look at "Favorite Song", "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was nominated, but her recent boyfriend's band won with "What Makes You Beautiful"

Although I don't know if that would happen with other awards, on that evidence it looks as if Taylor may have a fan base which is large enough and active enough to win against Country artists (who are ignored or disliked by some Pop fans) - but not yet large enough to ensure that she wins against leading Pop market opposition.
    If so, I can't see Taylor or her team being in a hurry to shed the Country identification.

It seems the nominations for this are largely decided by the number of people viewing Internet videos - and I would guess that Big Machine and Universal are insisting on those being categorized as Country.

Katy Perry and One Direction won over Taylor because they are international artists! I meant at least in Latin America 1D and Katy sound in the radio all the time, but Taylor ... NEVER!

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Well the best part of the show was Alicia Keys

The little clip they showed of Good Girl! lol

And Taylor stand up before even they say her name when she won haha
    Did Taylor Really Do That?

I wanted to say she obviously knew she would win. haha

She is a really bad actress, she stood up as if she would go to the bathroom, and not to receive an award! haha

At least she did not put her shoking face !

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post

If you look at "Favorite Female Artist", Taylor was nominated, but Katy Perry won.
    Similarly, if you look at "Favorite Song", "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was nominated, but her recent boyfriend's band won with "What Makes You Beautiful"

Although I don't know if that would happen with other awards, on that evidence it looks as if Taylor may have a fan base which is large enough and active enough to win against Country artists (who are ignored or disliked by some Pop fans) - but not yet large enough to ensure that she wins against leading Pop market opposition.
    If so, I can't see Taylor or her team being in a hurry to shed the Country identification.

It seems the nominations for this are largely decided by the number of people viewing Internet videos - and I would guess that Big Machine and Universal are insisting on those being categorized as Country.
    agree. Well said. There is no way that they will give up having their cake and eating it too. That is why Taylor has no integrity. She wants it all, and doesn't care how she manipulates the system to get it. The new Billboard charts alone show how far they will go.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Hehe. I think Directioners are about as over Tay Tay as some of us are.
    agree. The comments are hilarous!

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I wanted to say she obviously knew she would win. haha

She is a really bad actress, she stood up as if she would go to the bathroom, and not to receive an award! haha

At least she did not put her shoking face !
    I Hope She Gets Called Out For It.

Concert Stars
    On GAC they had an article about her winning the PCA and the majority of comments are from people complaining that she isn't country. It's nice to see that there are people actually saying something on country sites.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    ^ there's a video on YouTube of her winning her PCA award and people are complaining that she isn't country.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I love that the public is finally speaking up - its not just happening here - if it gets loud enough maybe somebody will hear!!!

Concert Stars
    I hope so. I am tired of it beyond belief.

Even the Golden Globes are kissing her butt. They tweeted that she will be at the Globes sunday and they are following her on twitter, but not following hardly any other actors. Maybe 10. Yet they follow SWSRN over big name actors? Spare me.

They did not tweet about anyone else attending Sunday-- just SWSRN. Otherwise, they tweeted presenters, but not attendees. So why the special treatment for SWSRN? She better not have won.

Concert Stars
    She was really made over on Enews this evening too! They did tease a bit, about the boyfriends...not much.

Concert Stars
    Do you mean they kissed her butt? figures.

Concert Stars
    Don't fret over Taylors notoriety with these organizations - it's what' s in today- shallowness and gossip and anything to get attention for an organization- it's like the Kardashians, no substance. It's filtering through our whole society, corporate manipulation - I'm sure BM gave a hefty contribution to Golden Globes to follow Taylor and get that tweet and the song award will be all Taylors , even though the Civil Wars are all over that song, she will get the credit. Nothing new where Taylor is concerned. If she did win it. it was because of heavy heavy politicking on Scott Borchetta's part and I'm sure he was all about it, it happens in these awards and the Oscars all the time too

Earlier Taylor had won overall female but lost Country to Carrie.

Exactly!
    Carrie's obligatory Idol "coronation song" showed that she could score well on Pop radio.
    Exactly how when that song flopped on every radio format?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Earlier Taylor had won overall female but lost Country to Carrie.

Taylor needs those country awards and her fans are little ones who spend all day on the computer where Carrie fans are older and have to work.

Side note on nominated songs for an Oscar- Scarlett Johanssen singing" Before My Time" from the documentary film "Chasing Ice" . Unfortunately the film did not get nominated for an Oscar but it made it to the top 15 but the song did- check out the film if you have a chance , it's about the disappearing of earth's ice - the photographer wanted to chronicle it so there would be a record of what's happening -

•  
    Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast