Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Pi314CA
  • 3 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 1 Post By Pi314CA

Thread: Gifting the single DFTRM 'campaign'

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Gifting the single DFTRM 'campaign'

I am starting a discussion on gifting the single "Don't Forget to Remember Me". As many of you know, this is the only released single by Carrie that has not been certified Gold. I have not 'gifted' anything on iTunes or Amazon and would like your inputs on this and other aspects. Thus, please chime in! Thanks in advance.

(1) How does gifting work on iTunes? and on Amazon?
    If I were to gift, say 100 singles of DFTRM, do I set up to purchase this and then provide emails of the 100 recipients?

(2) Which is the preferred vendor to use, iTunes or Amazon?

(3) What specific week is best for this? This is to have all the sales to be within a sales week. The 'sales' week starts on a Monday and ends on Sunday.

(4) Does anyone know of volume pricing by iTunes or Amazon?
    Last edited by Pi314CA; 12-09-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Updated (3) for clarity

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is a great idea. DFTRM is one of my favorite Carrie songs, but I feel like it got lost in the shuffle between two smash hits.

1. To gift a song on Itunes, look on the side where it says 1.29. Next to it, click on the arrow, and you'll see where it says "gift this song"

2. If you click on this option, it explains that you can "gift" a song to multiple users (just put commas between each), and you will be billed based on how many songs you buy.

3. Songs and albums are usually released on Tuesdays (Monday at midnight), that's probably when Itunes and Amazon have the most traffic.

4. I've never heard of volume pricing, sorry.
    Pi314CA, opry051008 and Smokyiiis like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    No it be better after college students gets their refund checks not before college starts but a month after when college students gets checks in the mail whether it is due to financial aid and/or scholarships
    I'm carrying this over from the iTunes rankings thread. I don't understand this. So, let's say its February, college students get bills (?) and that this would be a good time to send (?) DFTRM to their parents?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Carrieflattsfan: thank you for your replies.

For (3), I'm actually asking which week should this campaign occur (e.g. Jan 7-13, 2013). This is because the goal is to get all the sales within one sales week in order to possibly chart (e.g. Billboard 200 digital singles chart) and/or be reported by the media (e.g. Brian Mansfield of USA Today).

What about Easter week? Songs usually get a sales boost that week.

Concert Stars
    Pi~ This is a great idea. I just love this song and am surprised it hasn't sold more. To be honest, this song perplexes me. I would think that college-age 'kids' would relate to it because they are (many anyway) are going off to college as depicted in the song and video. But, if that were the case, between the kids and the parents, I would have expected it to have sold more by now.

In that regard, if the main demographics are moms/grandmothers, then I would say do the promotion Mother's Day week. Maybe some younger people could offer their opinions here to get a better understanding of the demographics that we need to hit to maximize sales??

I think Mother's Day is way too far away. IMO, March would be a better month.

Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    What number of sales does DFTRM have right now? I think this is something many people in the Carrie world would be willing to participate in. I wouldn't do 100 but I could definitely do some! And I'm sure others are willing to contribute!
    403,000, as of October 2011.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I've looked at gifting @Amazon and @iTunes. I like iTunes better because the gift can have a personal message and the gift can not be changed. I'll put some more thought into it, now that I'm back from business trip.

Here are the details:

To send an iTunes Gift:

1. In iTunes, click iTunes Store in the Source list.

2. Find a song, album, audiobook, video, or app that you want to give to someone.

3. Click the arrow to the right of the Buy button; in the resulting menu, choose the Gift option.

4. Once you've clicked Gift, you'll either be asked to sign in with your account name and password, or you'll see a "Give a Gift" page. You'll need to fill in your recipient's (and your) details, such as names, email addresses, and a personal message. It doesn't matter which screen you get first, you will get both.

Link: iTunes Gift Options
    Gator likes this.

•