Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Radio Contest Help

Radio Contest Help

So, I entered the meet and greet contest for the December 1st show in Newark, NJ. The contest ended last Thursday and I still have not heard anything from the fan club so I'm going to assume that I was not selected. Bummer...but I am a persistent gal

I know that a large part of the meet and greet are radio contest winners and I am exploring that as my second option. Only problem is I have no idea how you find out which station runs the contest and when it takes place. Someone on this forum was kind enough to point me to the Thunder.106, as of right now they have no mention of a meet and greet. If anyone has an idea of how this works and where to look I would greatly appreciate it! The concert is next Saturday so I assume a radio contest would be some time in the upcoming week.

Again, ANY help would be great!

Thanks, Ashley
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
    So, I entered the meet and greet contest for the December 1st show in Newark, NJ. The contest ended last Thursday and I still have not heard anything from the fan club so I'm going to assume that I was not selected. Bummer...but I am a persistent gal

I know that a large part of the meet and greet are radio contest winners and I am exploring that as my second option. Only problem is I have no idea how you find out which station runs the contest and when it takes place. Someone on this forum was kind enough to point me to the Thunder.106, as of right now they have no mention of a meet and greet. If anyone has an idea of how this works and where to look I would greatly appreciate it! The concert is next Saturday so I assume a radio contest would be some time in the upcoming week.

Thanks, Ashley
    I don't know either but if I were you I would ask Cary or Pi if they can tell you which country radio stations are in your area. Then you can call each station and just ask them. Good Luck!
    robinannhunt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I don't know either but if I were you I would ask Cary or Pi if they can tell you which country radio stations are in your area. Then you can call each station and just ask them. Good Luck!
    Thanks

Concert Stars
    I was going to suggest maybe listening to some of the local stations in your area and listen to it for a while and see if at any point they mention it, my local station here has been advertising for meet and greets for Carrie's show in Pittsburgh and to call in and get a chance to win, they have been doing it in the mornings but they talk about it during the day and saying to call in and get a chance to put your name in.

Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    I was going to suggest maybe listening to some of the local stations in your area and listen to it for a while and see if at any point they mention it, my local station here has been advertising for meet and greets for Carrie's show in Pittsburgh and to call in and get a chance to win, they have been doing it in the mornings but they talk about it during the day and saying to call in and get a chance to put your name in.
    Is the station a country station or a mainstream one?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I think only country stations participate as a rule.

Concert Stars
    In my M & G the people from the radio station were not country - I don't know what station but the country station got a special M & G and a Q & A with Carrie. So I think they were from like adult contemporary or Hot AC station.

Cat Country and Thunder are the two main ones I see for NJ, but neither have anything on their sites posted about a Carrie meet and greet. I'll sure keep my eye out

Isn't the station that supports the concert the one with the M&G tickets? It usually is the local country station if there is one.

I'm not sure if Newark has a country station

Concert Stars
    Is the station a country station or a mainstream one?
    All I've heard is from a country station, so it's probably possible it could be both, but I don't listen to any other stations really except the country ones lol

Concert Stars

Thanks, Ashley
    Ashley, I'm also going to the December 1st show in Newark too and the only country radio we have is Thunder 106.3 and you could try to go to their website to see if they have any contest (so far I didn't hear anything over the radio).

So I checked the Thunder 106 site and under the concert section the December 1st show is listed However, there has been no mention of a Carrie meet and greet under the contest section. The show is next Saturday so should I expect a posting sometime soon? Thanks everyone!

I would think that the station would be having a contest for tickets during next week.

Carrie Guru
    ^^ Why don't you just call the radio station and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^ Why don't you just call the radio station and ask.
    I called Wednesday and left a message! Thanks If they were doing a contest do you think that it would almost be positive that there will be a notice on there websitre?

Carrie Guru
    I called Wednesday and left a message! Thanks If they were doing a contest do you think that it would almost be positive that there will be a notice on there websitre?
    They usually have a contest section on the website and it would usually be there. You could also try to send an email to one to the radio station. But keep checking. Good luck!.

Concert Stars
    Iím trying to remember if they already had a contest for the BA tour; I listen to 106.3 in the car and in the back of my mind I think I remember them having one and I already had my tickets and it was not for a M&G.

Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    Iím trying to remember if they already had a contest for the BA tour; I listen to 106.3 in the car and in the back of my mind I think I remember them having one and I already had my tickets and it was not for a M&G.
    This could of happened. Makes sense to me now that you have said it.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    This could of happened. Makes sense to me now that you have said it.
    Now I'm trying to remember if it was for a M&G too; I'm having a senior moment LOL.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast