Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2314Likes

Thread: Official American Music Awards 2012 Discussion Thread

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I know I should know but alas I'm tired this morning so its not coming to me -- how many times has Carrie performed on the AMAs?

Also, I was thinking if she did TBC, wouldn't it be cool if they had two real caddies on the stage with her???? Or some other real cool staging???? She deserves it!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I know I should know but alas I'm tired this morning so its not coming to me -- how many times has Carrie performed on the AMAs?

Also, I was thinking it she did TBC, wouldn't it be cool if they had two real caddies on the stage with her???? Or some other real cool staging???? She deserves it!!!!
    twice she did a medley in 2006 and CC in 2009

they need to do TBC!!
    BA has had it's day on the charts and it seems it's pretty much over. Time to move forward
    DaisyTweets likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Carrie has performed twice at AMAS: One time a medley of her SH hits, and one time Cowboy Casanova. You don't get to perform every year usually unless you are Bieber or SWSRN, sadly.
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Carrie has performed twice at AMAS: One time a medley of her SH hits, and one time Cowboy Casanova. You don't get to perform every year usually unless you are Bieber or SWSRN, sadly.
    Figures that the artists with less than stellar vocals would be the ones to get the royal treatment!!!! I'm making sure that the batteries in my remote are fresh since when I hit that mute button it needs to work immediately!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Figures that the artists with less than stellar vocals would be the ones to get the royal treatment!!!! I'm making sure that the batteries in my remote are fresh since when I hit that mute button it needs to work immediately!!!!
    Well, considering it's a pop show, it doesn't surprise me at all.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I want Sunday to be here already. Another Carrie performance
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    I want Sunday to be here already. Another Carrie performance
    Ikr?! I NEED MY CARRIE FIX haha

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Well, considering it's a pop show, it doesn't surprise me at all.
    That and them being arguably the biggest solo male & female artist in the world would want ABC to have them on every year too.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    For everybody in Latin America we can watch the American Music Awards LIVE in the TNT channel!

AND THE RED CARPET TOO! ONE HOUR BEFORE THE SHOW START!

Transmisión en vivo de los American Music Awards 2012 por TNT
    I hate live transmissions beacause most of the times they do weird (and off, very off) instant translations.

Concert Stars
    AS much as we want Carrie to be looked at and treated like any other mainstream pop act out there, she makes a concious deccison every day not to be that for them.
    So to continue to bang our heads against the wall of "why doesn't she get more from these shows" is pointless.
    It's bascially because of her!
    She is a country act. Through and through.
    And AMA is a hot mess of pop acts trying to be at the top of the heap of eachother. Taylor is ight in their with them fighter for her spot to.
    But Carrie is not. She takes her place where appropriate and she does her thing.
    Thats it!
    There is a reason she is there. This is a mainstream pop show. And her marketers announced at the beginning of BA era that they would present her to the pop world. Therefore, it's gotta be BA that they will present. IT is just climbing the charts now. (I don't have much hope for it) But now is the time to perform it.
    To perform TBC would make no sense to the people watching. Especially when she has a song just starting to climb and she goes and sings this other song that they will basically never hear again.
    No I think we have to accept that if we want BA on the pop charts we have to support her promoting it there.
    I know we are ready to move on, but the pop world barely knows about the song.
    The time is now.

Where has Carrie mentioned this "special project"? I keep seeing people talk about it, but I never read/saw where Carrie mentioned it.

Junior Carrie Follower
    i find bieber kinda talented but so full of himself, TS seems nice but lovees too much attention so im in eehh with her. the AMA seem fun, you are right tho surprising as it is a LARGE part of the pop audience has no idea bout BA she only performed it twice at mainstream audiences at the BBMA and IDOL, which i guess shouldve been enough but BA ws just being released. i think u guys forget bout the aerosmith duet and tbh they got low sales so idk she might end up doing tbc as well tho im still in tht 2013 release as a ew slate

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Where has Carrie mentioned this "special project"? I keep seeing people talk about it, but I never read/saw where Carrie mentioned it.
    She mentioned it in one of her interviews. She was not able to talk more about it because the interviewer unfortunately interrupted her. I could not remember which interview was that. Maybe, Ann can find it for us.
    Ann055 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    She talks about it in this interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    She talks about it in this interview:

Ann to the rescue again! Thanks Ann!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    AS much as we want Carrie to be looked at and treated like any other mainstream pop act out there, she makes a concious deccison every day not to be that for them.
    So to continue to bang our heads against the wall of "why doesn't she get more from these shows" is pointless.
    It's bascially because of her!
    She is a country act. Through and through.
    And AMA is a hot mess of pop acts trying to be at the top of the heap of eachother. Taylor is ight in their with them fighter for her spot to.
    But Carrie is not. She takes her place where appropriate and she does her thing.
    Thats it!
    There is a reason she is there. This is a mainstream pop show. And her marketers announced at the beginning of BA era that they would present her to the pop world. Therefore, it's gotta be BA that they will present. IT is just climbing the charts now. (I don't have much hope for it) But now is the time to perform it.
    To perform TBC would make no sense to the people watching. Especially when she has a song just starting to climb and she goes and sings this other song that they will basically never hear again.
    No I think we have to accept that if we want BA on the pop charts we have to support her promoting it there.
    I know we are ready to move on, but the pop world barely knows about the song.
    The time is now.
    Too bad the country community treats Carrie so badly. I almost think the AMAs, PCAS, Grammys etc- and mainstream award shows seem nicer to Carrie then country award shows.

So I am all for her going to all of them. lol
    DizzyDollyDee and opry051008 like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    She mentioned it in one of her interviews. She was not able to talk more about it because the interviewer unfortunately interrupted her. I could not remember which interview was that. Maybe, Ann can find it for us.
    Far be it for me to be Debbie Downer but personally I think people are reading way too much into a passing reference to a project after the tour. She said there were some things that she hopes come together. Fans tend to jump to conclusions that it is some "major special" project when she very well may have been talking about something like a guest appearance or duet or something like that. Remember when she mentioned that they were having something made for the ACM performance ( she was talking about a costume and the light up mic stand) and fans assumed it was some major deal and were disappointed when their assumptions proved to be incorrect. I'm just trying to keep people from letting their imaginations run away with them and then ending up disappointed if she was talking about something completely different.
    rainbow1 and abbeyjones18 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ sco I see your point and you are right that it could be something minor.

But I don't think a special project would be a duet as that only takes a few hours to record and it is over.

This is the second time Carrie mentioned something special planned for 2013 as she said her 2013 is shaping up to be really really busy- and I don't think she meant just the second leg of the tour. In this newer interview she made it clear she is doing something special after the tour " if everything works out."

So both comments lead me to believe the special project was planned long ago and that it is more then just a duet as that takes a few hours to record only. The way she talked about being really busy in 2013 led me to believe her special project will take a few weeks or longer so it must be either a Christamas album ir acting gig etc. something bigger and more time consuming then just a duet recording as that takes less then a day.

Concert Stars
    so Carrie is apparently going to debut TBC on the AMAs this Sunday!

Blair Garner ‏@blairgarner OFFICIAL: @carrieunderwood To Debut New Single, “Two Black Cadillacs,” on The American Music Awards This Sunday!

Concert Stars
    So stoked! I just saw blairs tweet too!! Yay! Gonna be epic!!

•  
    Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast