Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Is Stephen Tyler influencing Carrie's music?

Is Stephen Tyler influencing Carrie's music?

First let me be clear, I love Carrie. My friends tell me I'm obsessed with her. She is one of the very few artists out there where I love almost all of her songs. That's very rare for me but for Carrie there hasn't been a song she's put out there that I've disliked. She is that good.

I'm concerned though after going to her concert Sunday Night in Greensboro, NC. It was a great show and I was literally blown away by her performance and graphic designs her team put together. You can tell they put a lot of hard work into this tour.

What I didn't like and the reason for this post is the Heavy Metal song she sang where it seemed she lost all control of herself. I couldn't understand a word she was singing and it bothered me she would sing that type of music. That's not Carrie and it's not country. I don't want her to start singing these types of songs. If this type of music ever gets on her albums and becomes a prominent theme in her concerts she'll lose a fan.

I might be in the minority here but I want her to stay true to her country roots and not be influenced by musicians. I want her to be who she is and what caused all of us to fall in love with her.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLegends View Post
    First let me be clear, I love Carrie. My friends tell me I'm obsessed with her. She is one of the very few artists out there where I love almost all of her songs. That's very rare for me but for Carrie there hasn't been a song she's put out there that I've disliked. She is that good.

I'm concerned though after going to her concert Sunday Night in Greensboro, NC. It was a great show and I was literally blown away by her performance and graphic designs her team put together. You can tell they put a lot of hard work into this tour.

What I didn't like and the reason for this post is the Heavy Metal song she sang where it seemed she lost all control of herself. I couldn't understand a word she was singing and it bothered me she would sing that type of music. That's not Carrie and it's not country. I don't want her to start singing these types of songs. If this type of music ever gets on her albums and becomes a prominent theme in her concerts she'll lose a fan.

I might be in the minority here but I want her to stay true to her country roots and not be influenced by musicians. I want her to be who she is and what caused all of us to fall in love with her.
    She has always covered rocks songs at her concerts from the very beginning when she started touring with Kenny. Carrie is no different from the rest of us that are influenced by different genre's of music. Carrie sings the music Carrie enjoys

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    Your post is quite funny. She has mad it pretty clear she is country to the core. Why would it matter if she sings some rock songs and some pop songs? This music genre puritarism get to my nerves, really. Many of you talk like music genres other than country are despicable

Concert Stars
    LOL @ Aerosmith being heavy metal.

Sweet Emotion isn't a song to worry about, don't worry. When she starts singing The Betrayal by Fleshgod Apocalypse, start worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDemiuges View Post
    Your post is quite funny. She has mad it pretty clear she is country to the core. Why would it matter if she sings some rock songs and some pop songs? This music genre puritarism get to my nerves, really. Many of you talk like music genres other than country are despicable
    I can deal with some pop, I can't deal with heavy metal. It's not something I will listen too. I don't believe it's appropriate, I have my reasons for this. This is my 2nd concert I've been too and I didn't see this in her last one. Like I said this is the only song she sang I didn't like, the rest of the show was awesome.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ........ seriously? it's one song. Carrie Underwood is the biggest good girl in the entire music industry. the fact that there are people who find some of the things she does offensive is hilarious. the girl sings about drunk one night stands, murder, sexual/physical abuse, destroying public property. if her covering sweet emotion is enough to make u drop her, you should have dropped her a LONG time ago.
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post

Sweet Emotion isn't a song to worry about, don't worry. When she starts singing The Betrayal by Fleshgod Apocalypse, start worrying.

Well I didn't even know what it was. It seemed like heavy metal to me. It made me uncomfortable.

Concert Stars
    Well I didn't even know what it was. It seemed like heavy metal to me. It made me uncomfortable.
    but last name, BA, BHC, and TBC didnt make you uncomfortable?...
    Becca
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    Sweet Emotion is barely hard rock. It's like soft-hard rock. Heavy metal would be like Painkiller by Judas Priest. Well, that's also speed metal, but let's not get too technical here.

I'm honestly confused. Do you not listen to any ounce of rock music? Sweet Emotion is rather tame for a rock song (I'm focusing on sound, not lyrics). Paradise City, which she's performed a ton, is closer to "metal" than Sweet Emotion is.

If it's the lyrics that made you uncomfortable, Last Name's lyrics are just as bad.
    epicamends and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Carrie Guru
    I want her to be who she is and what caused all of us to fall in love with her.
    When you saw her at her concert where she sings songs from Sweet Emotion to Jesus Take the Wheel.... that is who she is.

Concert Stars
    I've been to a lot of concerts in my life, and most of the concerts I've been to someone sings a song that is not in the genre of what they are...it's normal for singers to sing other songs that aren't part of their genre, they do it because it's fun for them to put their own spin on a song they like or would love to perform. Like someone said above, she has sung rock songs on every tour since she started touring, so I don't see why you are concerned over it
    Cathie Wynkoop and epicamends like this.

Carrie Guru

OMG, you're on a roll. How many more heavy metal videos do you thing you can work into the conversation before the week ends? lol.

Sweet Emotion is barely hard rock. It's like soft-hard rock. Heavy metal would be like Painkiller by Judas Priest. Well, that's also speed metal, but let's not get too technical here.

I'm honestly confused. Do you not listen to any ounce of rock music? Sweet Emotion is rather tame for a rock song (I'm focusing on sound, not lyrics). Paradise City, which she's performed a ton, is closer to "metal" than Sweet Emotion is.
    No I don't listen to any rock music. If you named a rock group I couldn't tell you who they were. I'm innocent in that regard and thankful for that. I didn't even know the name of the song when she sang it, all I knew is I didn't like it and the way she sang it. She was acting very uncarrie like in that song. She doesn't act this way in other songs so that's why songs like Last Name and Before he cheats don't bother me. I couldn't even understand the lyrics to "Sweet emotion" if that's what she was singing.

I figured I was in the minority.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    When you saw her at her concert where she sings songs from Sweet Emotion to Jesus Take the Wheel.... that is who she is.
    Carrie post of the f-ing year! It's exactly who she is and for some reason some people can't understand it. Carrie is the definition of an artist who shows every ounce of human emotion she has inside.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    No I don't listen to any rock music. If you named a rock group I couldn't tell you who they were. I'm innocent in that regard and thankful for that. I didn't even know the name of the song when she sang it, all I knew is I didn't like it and the way she sang it. She was acting very uncarrie like in that song. She doesn't act this way in other songs so that's why songs like Last Name and Before he cheats don't bother me. I couldn't even understand the lyrics to "Sweet emotion" if that's what she was singing.

Im honestly curious what u mean. She's acting no different than when she performs any other cover. When she performs rock songs, she performs then like a girl rocking hard in her bed room when no ones looking. Because their iconic songs, she goes all out like she's singing in the shower. That's all that was. Have u never seen her do walk this way or paradise city?
    Becca
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm sorry but lolllll.Seriously?

Carrie has never made any secret of her love for many types of music and 80's rock in particular.
    As Opry said that is who she is.I'm not sure how you've missed that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars

If I may ask, what do you think rock music is?

Carrie's a huge music fan. She's been rocking out to rock songs since the very beginning of her career. She's also covered pop songs.

"Home Sweet Home" is a cover of a Motley Crue song. Motley Crue is a [borderline] metal band.

...I almost want to hear Carrie sing this now.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Carrie post of the f-ing year! It's exactly who she is and for some reason some people can't understand it. Carrie is the definition of an artist who shows every ounce of human emotion she has inside.
    Becca
    I totally love they way you put that.
    Ann055 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Burst View Post
    ...I almost want to hear Carrie sing this now.
    He sounds a bit like the Cookie Monster. lol.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast