Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Schrodinger

Thread: Discovered Way to Donate Directly to the Red Cross in Carrie's Name!!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Discovered Way to Donate Directly to the Red Cross in Carrie's Name!!!!!

I'm closing the site Crowdrise site and going with the new information! All the donations, including mine that were made at Crworise have slrady been process and willbe going to the Red Cross. I'm sorry I didn't find this method of donation until Now. So there are no issues stopping you from donating & letting Carrie know.

NEW Information: I Had gone to the Red Cross site earlier and read through the FAQ but a couple of links were broken and still are. However, I went through another site and discovered this:

Can I dedicate my donation to someone or make a donation on behalf of a person?
    Yes. You can make your donation a "tribute" to someone—in their honor, or in memory of a lost loved one. This information is entered in the Honor/Memorial section of the donation form on American Red Cross | Disaster Relief, CPR Certification, Donate Blood. The American Red Cross will mail a Tribute card to your recipient announcing that an Honor or Memorial donation was made by you. You will also receive a card acknowledging your gift.
    https://www.redcross.org/donate/inde...emId=prod10001 You can even send a card ecard or mail. Not sure what to put for Carrie. Any Ideas?

If I had figured this out last week then all anyone would have to do is make the donation in Carrie' name.

SO all we have to do know it put out the word. I'm going back to the FC. I sent a letter to the Mod and she sent a nice responses I'm going to tell her about this option. Maybe there can be some more Official site post about it. I'm kicking myself because if I'd know how to do this last week it would have saved so much hassle.
    teesharky and opry051008 like this.

Carrie Guru
    You can put this into the "In Honor of" textbox "Fans of Carrie Underwood Support Red Cross Relief Efforts in Wake of Superstorm Sandy".

I was thinking that even though she may not see it for months, using the Opry address might be the best way to get the card to Carrie. The Opry address is: Grand Ole Opry, 2804 Opryland Drive, Nashville, TN 37214

Unfortunately the American Red Cross has a problem taking Canadian addresses.

But I'll find a way.

Thanks for all of your effort Schrodinger.

•