• 12 Post By bearball49
  • 5 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero

Thread: Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars

Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena

I am so very grateful for the opportunity to attend this concert. On a side note, I mentioned on here a long time ago that I planned on saving money to try to attend with the two grandkids I am raising. I will be 63 on November 8 and have been totally disabled due to chronic pain since 1991. I have been raising my granddaughter since she was 7 and my grandson about the same age. I am so blessed in spite of my infirmaties and financial burdons. The kids have given me a reason to go on and go on with happiness. Things do happen for a reason. I hear a lot of trash about Carrie fans, but let me say there are some absolutely amazing people on this forum. Someone who will remain nameless took it upon themself to sponsor my family to see this Carrie concert. It is a person who I have never seen and never will meet, but this person gave us the finest gift anyone could imagine. It is both birthday and Christmas gift combined and to think someone that did not know me could be so very generous is mind boggling and humbling. My deepest grattitude and I do promise to pay it forward in service. I have a bare bones cell so there will be no tweets and I doubt our photos will be good quality, but I do plan on sharing some of our excitement by posting a personal review afterwards. Carrie fans are the absolute best! Hope we won't be the only ones from the frum to be there,

Carrie Guru
    This is wonderful for you bearball49. I think you've already paid it forward with taking care of your grans.

That's a pretty special Carriefan to do that for you. Thank you for sharing that with us, especially during this time when everyone seems to be arguing with each other.

I know that it will be a wonderful and memorable evening.
    liz278, Smokyiiis, Gator and 2 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    I am so very grateful for the opportunity to attend this concert. On a side note, I mentioned on here a long time ago that I planned on saving money to try to attend with the two grandkids I am raising. I will be 63 on November 8 and have been totally disabled due to chronic pain since 1991. I have been raising my granddaughter since she was 7 and my grandson about the same age. I am so blessed in spite of my infirmaties and financial burdons. The kids have given me a reason to go on and go on with happiness. Things do happen for a reason. I hear a lot of trash about Carrie fans, but let me say there are some absolutely amazing people on this forum. Someone who will remain nameless took it upon themself to sponsor my family to see this Carrie concert. It is a person who I have never seen and never will meet, but this person gave us the finest gift anyone could imagine. It is both birthday and Christmas gift combined and to think someone that did not know me could be so very generous is mind boggling and humbling. My deepest grattitude and I do promise to pay it forward in service. I have a bare bones cell so there will be no tweets and I doubt our photos will be good quality, but I do plan on sharing some of our excitement by posting a personal review afterwards. Carrie fans are the absolute best! Hope we won't be the only ones from the frum to be there,

This post made my tears flowing through my eyes. Kudos to that CARRIE FAN! BLESSINGS WILL COME and LEAN on Jesus and He will work it out.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    This is wonderful for you bearball49. I think you've already paid it forward with taking care of your grans.

That's a pretty special Carriefan to do that for you. Thank you for sharing that with us, especially during this time when everyone seems to be arguing with each other.

I know that it will be a wonderful and memorable evening.
    i echo these sentiments!

That is amazing, bearball! Taking care of grandkids is a hard job to do -- kudos to you for being there for them! I'm so glad you all are going to the concert. Have so much fun! Take care of yourself as well! Thank you to the Carrie Fan who helped another Carrie Fan out! I have felt the same gratitude to a couple of Carrie Fans myself and as you said, I will probably never meet them, but I feel like I know them and will never forget!

I love this thread!
    mbh likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow that is amazing!!! So happy for you! I'll be there too! And are you from Charlotte or like a suburb?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NC State Carrie Fan View Post
    Wow that is amazing!!! So happy for you! I'll be there too! And are you from Charlotte or like a suburb?
    We are from South Charlotte....Steelcreek area near Carowinds. Not a native......moved here from near Syracuse, NY in Nov 2006.

Concert Stars
    Yeah Carowinds....is yalls local high school South Pointe? Or Butler? Or which one....I'm from Kannapolis...you know where that's at? Bout 20 minutes up the road

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Local HS is Olympic, local middle is SouthWest and we are right around the corner from the elementary school Lake Wylie. I do know where Kannapolis is. My daughter used to work between Kannapolis and Concord near exit 55. Used to get up that way often before I gave up dating I had a beau from Mooresville. Good to know there will be other forum members attending.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am so happy for you! Carrie fans can be pretty awesome when then want to be This act of kindness made me think of the song "Change"..."the smallest thing can make all the difference" Have a fantastic time at the concert!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Aww, you're welcome bearball!

No, I'm just kidding, whoever did sponsor these tickets is a far better person than I can ever hope to be! Mad respect for anonymous X, and for you too! I hope you have a great time, I promise you, you will never forget this night

Concert Stars
    Bearball you mentioned you've raised your grandkids since the age of 7...how old are they now? You guys are in for the night of your life!!! Kudos to the person that made this dream come true for this family! As far as pictures of the event, I'm sure we will see plenty if you are unable to take them. Just enjoy your night and I can't wait to hear about it!

Concert Stars
    Local HS is Olympic, local middle is SouthWest and we are right around the corner from the elementary school Lake Wylie. I do know where Kannapolis is. My daughter used to work between Kannapolis and Concord near exit 55. Used to get up that way often before I gave up dating I had a beau from Mooresville. Good to know there will be other forum members attending.
    That is so cool! I live off exit 54-55 either one! Hahaha

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    Bearball you mentioned you've raised your grandkids since the age of 7...how old are they now? You guys are in for the night of your life!!! Kudos to the person that made this dream come true for this family! As far as pictures of the event, I'm sure we will see plenty if you are unable to take them. Just enjoy your night and I can't wait to hear about it!
    My granddaughter is 18 and my grandson is 12. Unfortunately, both are considered special needs for mental health issues. Do not know the prognosis for the 18 year old as she is pretty scarred from events in her life. My grandson has been through the wringer as well, but overall seems much more resiliant and upbeat. Adore both, but life does come with challenges. We have already attended her PO tour in Charlotte. Missed the CR tour as it was sold out. The first time wxas our last summer in NY at the NY State Fair. She never disappoints.

•