• 4 Post By PRGuy79
  • 4 Post By Schrodinger
  • 1 Post By sco
  • 1 Post By steven77571

Thread: The Positive Thread

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Cool The Positive Thread

The purpose of this thread is to be a refuge from other discussion topics, when you need to read posts that are all things bright and beautiful about Carrie

The rules of this thread: Only positive, inspiring, funny, cute posts are allowed. There shall be no negativity. Mention of TS, Kelly or CMA nominations is strictly forbidden. Lively POSTIVE discussions are encouraged

Violators will be duct taped to the back of a hockey net immediately prior to shot practice.

I’ll start, here is my positive comment:

"Carrie Underwood is clearly one of the best things to ever to happen to our country music world. She’s also been the best singer and CMA cohost that any guy could ever ask for. Country music clearly lucked out when she come our way after winning American Idol. That’s because it’s become clear that Carrie is making music for the right reasons, and she just keeps getting better and better. She is living proof of the potential of some of these shows to enhance our lives in ways we don't expect. By virtue of her talent and hard work, she's gradually become an American idol the old-fashioned way too."

Brad Paisley -Diary of a Player

Concert Stars
    Love the idea of the thread! Thanks for the opportunity to share our thoughts on the marvel that it is Carrie Underwood-Fisher

Concert Stars
    My favorite parts of the CMAs have become when Carrie has an opportunity to do alittle "impromptu singing" off the cuff.
    You know how hard it is to just grab a melody out of space and sing it so beautifully and effortlessly as she does.
    Those are the moments I am so proud of her.
    I have always wanted to hear her sing in an intimate setting cause I think her voice is actually best suited for that.
    Not huge arenas where the niuances get lost.
    Anyway, those are my lost-favorite moments of Carrie.
    Oh and "Sanantonio Rose"!! Are you kidding me with that arrangement? Loved it!
    jaylee50 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I just love Smoky's signature.

Concert Stars
    I remember the first time I saw Carrie in concert. I sat/stood there with my jaw dropped - amazed that my favorite singer in the whole world sounded even better live (if that's possible). She is a once-in-a-lifetime talent and it cannot be denied that God has richly blessed her (and her fans, through her).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Shrodinger, thanks for posting Brad Paisley's comments. They are so good together as they compliment each other's abilities. I absolutely love what Brad wrote about Carrie. Great thread idea too...no negative comments.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love you for making this thread! Well..I love Carrie and am so excited for her on this tour and cannot wait to see her in December!

Concert Stars
    One of my favorite videos proving that, yes indeed, Carrie is Queen of the Awkward Moment.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    That's hilarious. Here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=O6QzUZleez0
    I just about died when she was telling the story about the phone mishap and worrying about Mike answering her phone.
    ydumarp likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    That's hilarious. Here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=O6QzUZleez0
    I just about died when she was telling the story about the phone mishap and worrying about Mike answering her phone.
    Lol! I hadn't seen that one before. "Hello, Carrie's phone, this is Mike. Do I want to do WHAT?!" oops

Concert Stars
    My favorite Carrie blooper is: "IF I knew it was coming I would have grabbed it!......The Phone!!!"
    Yes, I have watched her for years just squirming in my seat cause she was so awkward in her interviews. But somehow it became so much a part of what I liked about her. It continued this image of it all being very natural and true and real.
    This was not someone whos ambition and drive and need forced them into a world of fame.
    This is someone whos talent could not be ignored!!
    Love you Carrie, Even when you can't think of a thing to say! (wink).

Concert Stars
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Positivity all around! This is a nice change

Junior Carrie Follower steven77571's Avatar
    Five Reasons Why I Am A Carrie Fan: Her Voice, Her Looks, Her Music, Her Concerts and Her Openness about her Faith.

I liked that scream of excitement she let out at the 2009 ACM Awards.

Carrie Guru
    Since it's a positive thread, I thought I would contribute + + + + + + + + + + +

Carrie Follower

Carrie - A to Z

A stands for her many awards, her amazing talents, and her dog Ace
    B stands for her beauty - both inside and out, her big heart, co-host and duet partner Brad Paisley, her album Blown Away and signature smash "Before He Cheats"
    C stands for her sophomore CD, Carnival Ride, and her cute costumes she wore in the AAG video, her mom Carol and her concerts that just plain rock!
    D stands for her devotion to Jesus Christ, her second hit "Don't Forget to Remember Me," and her desire to be a good wife and mom.
    E stands for her Entertainer of the Year Awards at the ACMs in 2009 and 2010, her emotional delivery of songs and electrifying performances.
    F stands for "Flat on the Floor", her many fans across the globe, and her six Female Vocalist of the Year awards she won at the ACMs and CMAs
    G stands for her guitar, Grand Ole Opry membership, hit single "Good Girl" and the gospel music she's sang since childhood.
    H stands for her heart-tugging videos for "Don't Forget to Remember Me," "So Small," "Temporary Home" and "Mama's Song", her hosting abilities on the CMA Awards, her humanitarian efforts and hockey, Mike's occupation.
    I stands for Idol champ in 2005, "I Told You So," "I Know You Won't", "I Just Can't Live a Lie," and "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore."
    J stands for "Jesus, Take the Wheel," "Just a Dream" and her journalism degree.
    K stands for the kiss she gave to that lucky boy in Ohio, her knock-‘em-dead evening gowns she wears to the awards shows, and her kindness to everyone she meets.
    L stands for the love she shares with Mike, her hit “Last Name,” “Lessons Learned,” “Leave Love Alone,” and her love for animals.
    M stands for her idol, Martina McBride, her friend Miranda Lambert, “Mama’s Song," and Mike Fisher, her husband.
    N stands for her numerous number one hits, Northeastern Oklahoma St. University, her cover of "Neon Moon" and her performance of the National Anthem at Super Bowl XLIV.
    O stands for Olay commercials, her home state of Oklahoma, Mike's old team, the Ottawa Senators, and "One Way Ticket".
    P stands for "Play On," Carrie's fourth album and first headlining tour, her powerful vocal range, her People's Choice Awards, her second dog, Penny, and the pickup truck she rode in as it soared above the crowd during her Play On Tour
    Q stands for her quick rise to superstardom and her many quotable quotes throughout her career.
    R stands for "Remind Me", her chart-topping duet with Brad Paisley, her road band (do they have a name), and all the country radio stations across North America
    that play her music.
    S stands for “"So Small", Some Hearts, softball (her favorite sport), songwriting, soprano and Soul Surfer
    T stands for "This Time", "The Night Before Life Goes On," "Temporary Home," "Two Black Cadallacs," and the the tuxedo she wore on her Play On Tour.
    U stands for her unforgettable collaborations with Usher, Celine Dion, Smokey Robinson and Jennifer Hudson on "Earth Song" during the tribute to Michael Jackson at the 2010 Grammys, and the "Coal Miner's Daughter" tribute Loretta Lynn with her buddy Miranda Lambert, idols Martina McBride and Reba, the Judds and Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland in 2011.
    V is for her status as a vegetarian, her vast collection of videos and Vitiman Water commercials.
    W stands for “Wasted”, "Who Are You," "Wheel of the World" and "Whenever You Remember"
    X doesn't stand for anything, but one can scratch Carrie off the list of "bad role models."
    Y stands for yodeling, a skill she showcased on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno back in '07
    Z stands for the zoo in Australia where she kissed a kangaroo, mate.
    Last edited by steven77571; 10-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    cassie2 likes this.

Thought I'd share this with you:

The other day, I played a match on my Nintendo Wii NHL hockey game between the Nashville Predators and the Columbus Blue Jackets, with Mike Fisher as the center, and when he smacked that puck past the Columbus goalie, I said, "And there's his beautiful wife - Carrie Underwood - in the VIP box, jumping up and down and screaming, "Go, Baby!" (I was pretending she was there, lol). Mr. Fisher also assisted a goal by Sullivan in the first period, which helped the Preds emerge with a 3-1 win over the Jackets.

The real NHL may be in a lockout, but it is alive and kicking in my bedroom.

•