Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Like Tree812Likes

Thread: [Sep 30] Vh1 Behind The Music to Air (Official Discussion Thread)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I haven't had a chance to watch Carrie's entire "Unplugged" performance, but I'm absolutely in love with "Fix You" and I can't stand the original. Carrie's version is so emotional and pure. It amazes me that her voice can be so powerful and angelic at the same time. A lot of artists with big voices have a difficult time holding back, but Carrie strikes a fantastic balance. Carrie knows that you don't need to show off a big voice just because you posess one.

She's learned that selling the emotion of the song is just as important as hitting the notes, and I'm really proud of her for learning to do so effectively. Carrie seems to have a great sense of how to make a song her own, and it shows here. The arrangement and vocal are delicate, effective and hit you in the gut. Simple, pure, beautiful and 100% Carrie.

As for Taylor; I mean no disrespect to her fans, but performances like this are why I will put her above Swift anyday. It's difficult for me to find much meaning in Swift's lyrics & voice when she is almost always shakey, breathless and off-key live. No, you don't have to be a powerhouse to sing effectively, but Taylor's voice and performaces lack the emotional depth and character that Carrie portrays. I constantly hear people say they think
    Taylor's material is more personal than Carrie's because she's primarily a songwriter, but I totally disagree. If an artist can sell the emotion of the song while giving a superb performace, I'm not thinking about whether she wrote the song or not. I'm simply moved by the emotion from a great singer.

The fact that Taylor writes her own material means little to me, at this point. Taylor seems to be stuck in the same old rut, while Carrie has continued to move forward in leaps and bounds since Idol. She's got the emotion and talent to sing anything, and she knows how to hit the nail on the head everytime.

It's always been ironic to me that Carrie is still considered the manufactured Idol Barbie by many, because I've always viewed her as anything but. Her sincerity and growth as an artist is astounding, if you consider where she was a few years ago.

At this point, I have nothing to say to people who criticize Carrie, because she has changed so much. She has a great voice, but she knows how to use it. I just don't understand people who hear "screaming" when she sings. She has incredible power and control, especially considering her lack of formal training. She hardly ever uses fancy vocal tricks and doesn't inject random high notes in her songs. A lot of people simply prefer singer/songwriter type voices to Carrie's, but I genuinely disagree with a lot of the criticism she gets as a vocalist. Maybe her tone is irritating to some people or they don't like her voice, but I still think a lot of the criticism is thrown at her because of personal prefrence, not because of her talent.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Carrie fan, but a lot of people seem misinformed when it comes to vocalists like Carrie. They think hitting a high note or singing power ballads means the singer is screaming or over singing. I'm a huge fan of Christina Aguliera, but I'll be the first to admit she often oversings and doesn't use her voice effectively at times. Some singers get to wrapped up in their own little world and forget to convey the song in a way that captivates peolple. Carrie can go from powerhouse to simple in a second, and that's why she's so great. She can sing so many diffrent styles, but each one is purely her interpretation. I think people assume fans love Carrie because of her voice, but she truly is just an incredible artis in all areas. If people weren't so quick to judge a (gorgeous), book by its cover, I think everyone could have the chance to see what we see. Move over, Taylor, because in my book, Carrie is proving she's the one who's got the goods. Those critics will be eating their words someday, because Carrie is the one who will be a legend.
    Amen.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    She hasnt won a vocalist award since 2009 and was only one time. So no, they really arent voting for her
    No, you're right.
    But nominations themselves mean someone is voting for her.
    And Entertainer Of The Year Winners used to be able to sing.
    It seems like a long time ago but it's true.
    DizzyDollyDee and Patkid26 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    She hasnt won a vocalist award since 2009 and was only one time. So no, they really arent voting for her
    She won a Grammy after 2009.

Carrie Guru
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I haven't had a chance to watch Carrie's entire "Unplugged" performance, but I'm absolutely in love with "Fix You" and I can't stand the original. Carrie's version is so emotional and pure. It amazes me that her voice can be so powerful and angelic at the same time. A lot of artists with big voices have a difficult time holding back, but Carrie strikes a fantastic balance. Carrie knows that you don't need to show off a big voice just because you posess one.

She's learned that selling the emotion of the song is just as important as hitting the notes, and I'm really proud of her for learning to do so effectively. Carrie seems to have a great sense of how to make a song her own, and it shows here. The arrangement and vocal are delicate, effective and hit you in the gut. Simple, pure, beautiful and 100% Carrie.

As for Taylor; I mean no disrespect to her fans, but performances like this are why I will put her above Swift anyday. It's difficult for me to find much meaning in Swift's lyrics & voice when she is almost always shakey, breathless and off-key live. No, you don't have to be a powerhouse to sing effectively, but Taylor's voice and performaces lack the emotional depth and character that Carrie portrays. I constantly hear people say they think
    Taylor's material is more personal than Carrie's because she's primarily a songwriter, but I totally disagree. If an artist can sell the emotion of the song while giving a superb performace, I'm not thinking about whether she wrote the song or not. I'm simply moved by the emotion from a great singer.

The fact that Taylor writes her own material means little to me, at this point. Taylor seems to be stuck in the same old rut, while Carrie has continued to move forward in leaps and bounds since Idol. She's got the emotion and talent to sing anything, and she knows how to hit the nail on the head everytime.

It's always been ironic to me that Carrie is still considered the manufactured Idol Barbie by many, because I've always viewed her as anything but. Her sincerity and growth as an artist is astounding, if you consider where she was a few years ago.

At this point, I have nothing to say to people who criticize Carrie, because she has changed so much. She has a great voice, but she knows how to use it. I just don't understand people who hear "screaming" when she sings. She has incredible power and control, especially considering her lack of formal training. She hardly ever uses fancy vocal tricks and doesn't inject random high notes in her songs. A lot of people simply prefer singer/songwriter type voices to Carrie's, but I genuinely disagree with a lot of the criticism she gets as a vocalist. Maybe her tone is irritating to some people or they don't like her voice, but I still think a lot of the criticism is thrown at her because of personal prefrence, not because of her talent.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Carrie fan, but a lot of people seem misinformed when it comes to vocalists like Carrie. They think hitting a high note or singing power ballads means the singer is screaming or over singing. I'm a huge fan of Christina Aguliera, but I'll be the first to admit she often oversings and doesn't use her voice effectively at times. Some singers get to wrapped up in their own little world and forget to convey the song in a way that captivates peolple. Carrie can go from powerhouse to simple in a second, and that's why she's so great. She can sing so many diffrent styles, but each one is purely her interpretation. I think people assume fans love Carrie because of her voice, but she truly is just an incredible artis in all areas. If people weren't so quick to judge a (gorgeous), book by its cover, I think everyone could have the chance to see what we see. Move over, Taylor, because in my book, Carrie is proving she's the one who's got the goods. Those critics will be eating their words someday, because Carrie is the one who will be a legend.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    So I just finished watching the whole special and it was fantastic. So much footage and things I had never seen before. Carrie looked so pretty in her blazer with the jewels on the shoulders. I lover her hair that way.

The only disappointing thing is I think the rumoured Blown Away Tour DVD is just a rumour as clearly that footage was shot for the behind the music rather than a tour DVD

Does anyone have videos of the extra online footage?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugarcandyman View Post
    So I just finished watching the whole special and it was fantastic. So much footage and things I had never seen before. Carrie looked so pretty in her blazer with the jewels on the shoulders. I lover her hair that way.

The only disappointing thing is I think the rumoured Blown Away Tour DVD is just a rumour as clearly that footage was shot for the behind the music rather than a tour DVD

Does anyone have videos of the extra online footage?
    I need some help to find a link for this show. Is it on you tube yet? I have not watched it yet because the VH1 link does not work for me. Please and thank you.

I just finished watching Blitzer's download link of this. It was absolutely amazing. <3 If it were even possible, I think I'm an even bigger fan of Carrie. So proud to call her my idol.
    liz278 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hey guys! Do you know how/where I can watch this!? I tried Blitzers links but no luck thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    Hey guys! Do you know how/where I can watch this!? I tried Blitzers links but no luck thanks!
    What problems did you face with blitzer's link?

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Can someone PM me the link please?Still havnt got to watch it! Thanks!

•  
    Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324