Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: [Aug 4] Grand Ole Opry (Official Discussion Thread)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    does Murder connect to a universal audience? :P lol jk
    Becca
    Depends on who you are talking to......me yes Plus I just liked how it sounded live when Carrie sang it acoustically at the CMA songwriter concert thing. Loved it alot better live than NETY that is for sure. Not to mention, anybody can relate to being cheated on. Maybe just not murdering the cheater but probably thought about it though or wish they could....lol.

Concert Stars
    I love the music on NETY. The reggae vibe with the Na na na na's is awesome. That works really well. I just don't think the song would work on radio.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Agree. I like NETY but it is not what I want to hear on the radio over and over.

I still cringe that the one critic trashed Carrie for this song because he said Carrie wears so much makeup all the time, how can she sing/write a song that tells girls to take off their makeup when she herself never does? That was mean. It is sort of true in some ways that she never goes without makeup, but the song is meant to inspire young girls, so to trash Carrie for not living the lyrics herself was just rude.
    ...and she never goes around smashing her boyfriends truck, she never lost her husband to war etc....
    critics

Although I personally wish she didn't wear as much makeup because she's so beautiful anyway she doesn't have to but the people who preach that you can't sing a song because you don't live it, really have no idea about music.

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm really not sure that NETY will make it to radio, either. But then again, I wasn't sure how Blown Away would do on it either and I think it's doing GREAT. So who knows, lol! Blown Away is my favorite on the album, so as long as she released that, then I am happy!!

As far as last night, she looked and sounded fantastic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Holy crap! You're right! :S I will upload it on my blog then! :S
    Thank you so much Livasong! It works perfectly now! Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I think NETY is just one of those songs Carrie will perform live alot due to the message etc, but it won't be a single as she already performed it so much that it takes away from the surprise factor if it is a single.

Then again-- she has performed 2 Black Cadillacs and Cupid alot too-- and both should be singles hopefully....so who knows. One Way Ticket was done alot too but I still think that will be a single next summer or they are crazy. lol

The only songs she has not performed much are WAW, GIG, and SYA. She has done WAW a few times, but never SYA or GIG yet. So that confuses me.

DYTAM better be a single too because it is perfect for radio as a nice sweet light country sounding song.... Carrie can't only release all dark or dramatic stuff-- she needs to change it up a bit.
    Im pretty sure Carrie has only done WAW once (at the fan club party). And she performed GIG there too.

Noticed this last night when I went to Opry twitter page so I could post the tweet about the contest. Love it when there is a pic of Carrie on their page.

https://twitter.com/opry
    Mirasa45A and opry051008 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post

Im pretty sure Carrie has only done WAW once (at the fan club party). And she performed GIG there too.
    Those two are the top of my "love" list so sure would like to see them as singles - though know we all have different ideas. Just keeping fingers crossed and will be excited to hear. NETY is my least favorite but beings I don't think there is a bad song on the CD, whatever is picked will be okay. Funny as I thought about the makeup issue when I heard it too but not to the point I didn't think she should sing it!!

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info!! Pics and vids are AWESOME!!

•  
    Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415