View Poll Results: Who should Carrie sing a duet with?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hank William Jr

9 64.29%
  • Fred Rose

0 0%
  • Jimmie Rodgers

3 21.43%
  • Roy Acuff

2 14.29%
  • Tex Ritter

0 0%

CMA hall of fame who do you think Carrie should sing a duet w part 1

ok i am bored so to help pass some time i decide to start a poll

now there is only one objectives for this poll and that is one has to be a member of country music hall of fame going to start off from the people inducted in 1960 and towards the end the people induction this year/last year. so in other words Reba won't be on the poll for another couple of weeks.

and also the person who has the most votes for the week would also be add to next week poll featuring other members of country music hall of fame.
    Last edited by Marie2011; 07-30-2012 at 04:34 PM.

idk whether or not all of the people in this poll are alive but lets just say that if they were alive who do you think Carrie should sing w/ out of all the people on this 5 days poll

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Most of them certainly aren't alive - but duets can still be engineered from old clips in the studio. Probably, Jimmie Rodgers ("the father of Country Music") and Roy Acuff would be the most serious contenders. Jimmie Rodgers is a good come back to those fans who complain about using Pop influences in Country Music - back in the 1920s he was using "voh-de-oh-doh" choruses. Roy Acuff was an Opry favourite, who sometimes used religious themes, so it's possible he'd be Carrie's choice.

Here's "Great Speckled Bird"

By the way - are you sure Junior got into this poll, and not his father? If it was Hank himself, this would be a walkover!

yeah you are right it is suppose to be his father why do they have same name minus the jr part. so when it typed in hank williams, by force of habit i add the jr. also

That's OK, I listen to Hank and his grandchildren, but tend to skip most of Junior's music - if it's Hank, though, I'm definitely voting for him (He's my all-time favourite male singer, and an engineered Carrie duet, tracking his voice with her own could be epic, if done right)

There are so many great songs - this is not his best known, but I think this is my favorite. It's the original 1949 demo of "Alone and Forsaken":

Concert Stars
    ;Ok I voted for Hank since he is the biggest name on that list. lol But I honestly do not know if he deserves it more or less then the others.

I just hope and pray that Taylor is not inducted anytime soon due to her convenient $4 million dollar donation and new wing there. Talk about buying your way in!! sickening.

Fred Rose, by the way, can be respectfully eliminated from this particular poll. He's in the Hall of Fame for his role as a songwriter, artist manager, and music publisher - but he was not noted as a performing artist himself.

•