Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New Blog 7-27-12

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Very excited about the cma hosting! Surprised carrie announced it before the official press release from cmas but fine by me! Lol
    There is noone out there that hasn't figured out that Brad and Carrie are hosting again. What they are wondering is what they will do to top the CMA commercials from last year (espeically the Olay spoof) and the opening monologue.
    lab and glenn7 like this.

Carrie Guru
    I wonder why the CMA's decided to put Brad and Carrie together in the first place? Did they do something special where the CMA people thought they would be great hosts? I remember they did the Eddy Arnold song together but I can't remember anything they did that was similar to hosting duties prior to being asked to host.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I think that was the moment when the CMA peeps said...hmmmmm, those two have some chemistry on stage.
    Or maybe not...
    opry051008 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    There is noone out there that hasn't figured out that Brad and Carrie are hosting again. What they are wondering is what they will do to top the CMA commercials from last year (espeically the Olay spoof) and the opening monologue.

I agree!!! Carrie and Brad's Co-hosting at the CMA Awards Show is "THE BEST OF THE BEST" - a TRULY OUTSTANDING CHEMISTRY - and they will CONTINUALLY PURSUE, "creative IMAGINATION". It is a SKILL. I THINK, they get the "writer's material" in advance, study it and then, Carrie and Brad will meet together as "A TEAM", "GREAT TEAM WORK", and pursue their "creative IMAGINATION" - to "stimulate CHANGE and *PROGRESS*". THEY will never be completed as long as there is - "creative IMAGINATION" LEFT IN THE WORLD - like "chasing the earth's horizon" or "pursuing a guiding star". RARE? Yes. DIFFICULT? Absolutely. But, it is exactly what Carrie and Brad are able to do. They will HONORABLY serve the COUNTRY MUSIC COMMUNITY by "PROVIDING SERVICES OF SUPERIOR QUALITY at "CMA Awards Show".

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I wonder why the CMA's decided to put Brad and Carrie together in the first place? Did they do something special where the CMA people thought they would be great hosts? I remember they did the Eddy Arnold song together but I can't remember anything they did that was similar to hosting duties prior to being asked to host.
    In all truth, I think the CMA and ABC were desperate to find anyone who had even a hint of a chance of being a good host after the disaster that was the 2007 host by committee approach. I think when Brad and Carrie did so well on the Eddy Arnold tribute on very short notice, they saw at least some potential. And they really didn't have a whole lot of other options. You are correct that neither Brad nor Carrie had taken on any significant hosting tasks in the past. But other than those people who had hosted the CMAs previously, there really was noone else who had demonstrated any hosting talent.

Now 4 years later, Brad and Carrie are being held up as the gold standard for hosting country music events and even sometimes hosting any event. There is no way the CMA or ABC is going to mess with that.
    opry051008, Ann055, Gator and 3 others like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12