Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Aerosmith duet discussion thread [to be resurrected when the album drops]

Let's just wait

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Let's just wait
    Oh, I agree. I already updated the Wiki page when people seemed to be sure that "Beautiful" was duet. I'm not willing to edit the page myself again until we have actual solid information about the duet from a legitimate source. If I keep changing the page with different information each time, Wiki will label my edits as vandalism.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Why has Carrie not commented on this yet? Word has obviously gone all over town if they're giving out sneak previews already!

I'M STILL SO PROUD OF HOW WELL WE KNOW CARRIE! Lol, we totally knew they'd recorded this based on her reaction to that question they asked her during Xroads!

She is likely not allowed to comment on it yet as it is not her album

Carrie Follower
    I am the AeroFANatic. The song is "Closer." Aerosmith most likely will be releasing "What Could Have Been Love" and "Another Last Goodbye" first, then Closer. So most likely it's single is planned on coming out around Jan/Feb timeframe. Promotion on Idol, Grammys maybe, etc

But of course, the album comes out in Nov, so we'll all first hear it then!

Thanks for all the information, aerofanatic. I'm truly grateful for all the information you have provided us.

I hope this song becomes a smash and tops every single chart out there. One can dream, right? :3

I'm still curious how they'll handle Carrie's singles from BA (particularly single 3, since BA will peak in the fall), if this Aerosmith duet is released to country radio. Will Team Carrie continue as normal & release a 3rd single as usual, or wait until the duet has peaked? I wonder how difficult it would be to promote both at the same time?

Concert Stars
    Aerofanatic-- is it possible that they would release Closer to country radio while releasing the rock singles to rock at the same time? Or is Closer more of a rock power ballad? Thanx!

Concert Stars
    Lots of country and pop singers have two songs climbing the charts at the same time- one a duet or collab and one a solo project. So this has been done before and shouldn't be a big deal.

Given how radio charts are manipulated these days they can just hold back one of the carrie singles a few weeks so the duet can peak first etc.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wow, that sounds exciting! I'm glad Carrie gets to be involved in such great projects. It's cool to see her do things outside of the country music genre. I look forward to hearing her duet with Aerosmith. It's going to be great, I'm sure.

Concert Stars
    I am dying to hear a snippet.

The interviewer Said it had a Sugarland-Bon Jovi Duet vibe going on-- which sounds great!

Carrie Guru
    Hmm, Tony Bennett's tweet got me thinking...... Tony was helped by the power of Carrie to get him a spot on the Grammy's.... Aerosmith coming out with the duet Jan/Feb..... I'm thinking grammy performance for promo?
    carebear4eva likes this.

On a general note, big stars sometimes sing backup only as well. Shania Twain is big, but she sang backup to Britney Spears' "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know", Ke$ha sang backup to Britney Spears' "Till The World Ends", Jordin Sparks sang backup to Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper", Justin Timberlake sang backup to Sheryl Crow's rendition of "Sign Your Name", Avril Lavigne sang backup to Rihanna's "Cheers (Drink To That)", etc.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    On a general note, big stars sometimes sing backup only as well. Shania Twain is big, but she sang backup to Britney Spears' "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know", Ke$ha sang backup to Britney Spears' "Till The World Ends", Jordin Sparks sang backup to Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper", Justin Timberlake sang backup to Sheryl Crow's rendition of "Sign Your Name", Avril Lavigne sang backup to Rihanna's "Cheers (Drink To That)", etc.
    It has been called a duet many times though. This is not just Carrie doing bgv, she has solo parts.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Hmm, Tony Bennett's tweet got me thinking...... Tony was helped by the power of Carrie to get him a spot on the Grammy's.... Aerosmith coming out with the duet Jan/Feb..... I'm thinking grammy performance for promo?
    Why do we think that the duet's coming out Jan/Feb?

Concert Stars
    Yes this is a duet not background vocals.

Usa today and this radio guy confirmed that. He said it has a bon jovi- jen nettles duet vibe.
    carebear4eva likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Carrie's done two collabs in a row on the Grammys.I'd rather she get her own solo spot. Now if she can get both the duet and the a solo spot that'd be great,but I want the solo over the duet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    He said it has a bon jovi- jen nettles duet vibe.

Carrie's is a duet and Lauren's is Background vocals

teesharky, Pi314CA, Gator and 1 others like this.

Really deviously worded title - Carrie still hasn't confirmed the duet.

I'm getting increasingly excited though...I don't know if I want it to be more country (cuz that will hopefully get it some Nashville airplay), or more rock (cuz I REALLY WANT A HARD-ROCK STUDIO CUT BY CARRIE!)
    Ann055, opry051008 and teesharky like this.

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast