Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Aerosmith duet discussion thread [to be resurrected when the album drops]

Concert Stars
    I wonder if it will be released to country radio before November as a country single like Bon Jovi did??

^That would be pretty awesome...I can only think that it would benefit Aerosmith for so many more people will listen to it (and radio WILL spin it for Carrie-friggin'-Underwood is on it).

I guess it depends on how "country" the song is.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Can't wait for this duet! Also, just saw that Steven Tyler has decided to leave American Idol. :-(

Concert Stars
    Maybe it is for the best that Steven Tyler and Jlo both leave Idol this year so they can start fresh with new faces. Both were good- I particularly loved Steven on Idol as a judge-- but now he can focus on Aerosmith as she said.

His press release was hilarous! lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Maybe it is for the best that Steven Tyler and Jlo both leave Idol this year so they can start fresh with new faces. Both were good- I particularly loved Steven on Idol as a judge-- but now he can focus on Aerosmith as she said.

His press release was hilarous! lol
    Yes it was and I loved him on Idol. Would just be so neat for he and Carrie to perform this duet together on the show while he was still on there.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    Can't wait for this duet! Also, just saw that Steven Tyler has decided to leave American Idol. :-(
    I thought he was a great addition to Idol but he is a musician afterall and it's time for him to fly! I wonder who Idol will get? I'm sure there's plenty of singers who would love to do it.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    I thought he was a great addition to Idol but he is a musician afterall and it's time for him to fly! I wonder who Idol will get? I'm sure there's plenty of singers who would love to do it.
    I saw somewhere that Mariah Carey is being considered.
    judes likes this.

Carrie Follower
    I hope they can have a duet. Wheew! that would be the day I change my preferences to music

Concert Stars
    I bet aerosmith performs at the Amas for sure since their cd drops november 6. Maybe carrie will come on there too and be a surprise guest to do the duet? I could see aerosmith doing a medley of old songs and their new single so maybe the duet would be part of the medley?

Same with the cmas. If the song is somewhat rock-country like the bon jovi jen nettles duet-- i bet the cmas would be thrilled to have them there!

Plus the cmas are nov 1 and their album drops nov 6 so the timing is perfect.

Dang it I am clearly going to obsess over this all summer. Lol

Are they gonna release a 1st single from their album? If they are it should be pretty soon..

Concert Stars
    They already did. They released Legendary Child in june and sang it on american idol. I really like it. It is on itunes if you want to check it out.

It is doing well on one of the rock charts on billboard but i cannot recall which one.
    yehchern likes this.

Carrie Follower
    Hello friends, I am back I can confirm the Underwood song title is "Closer." Here is another article about it... Mix Music Director Mike Mullaney Previews New Aerosmith Album Mix 104.1

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's awesome thx! A lead single should be released (like Taylor) next month right? Especially for a November release! I doubt the CU duet will be a lead single.

Carrie Follower
    I think the Aerosmith/Underwood song, "Closer," will be their third single. Released sometime this fall/early winter.

Junior Carrie Follower doitnthedirt's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aerofanatic View Post
    Hello friends, I am back I can confirm the Underwood song title is "Closer." Here is another article about it... Mix Music Director Mike Mullaney Previews New Aerosmith Album Mix 104.1
    Concerning Carries duet, The band did not want it on the album, but I like that the label told them you need this it will get you air play all over the states, because the label and Steven knows the power of Carrie

Why has Carrie not commented on this yet? Word has obviously gone all over town if they're giving out sneak previews already!

I'M STILL SO PROUD OF HOW WELL WE KNOW CARRIE! Lol, we totally knew they'd recorded this based on her reaction to that question they asked her during Xroads!
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    More likely winter - the 2nd single isn't out yet (which is?) & has Legendary Child peaked? Ya's might wanna update the wiki page - Music from Another Dimension! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it says Carrie's duet is Beautiful!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aerofanatic View Post
    Awesome!
    So it is not Beautiful but Closer. Cool!

Have you heard closer yet?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    That's awesome thx! A lead single should be released (like Taylor) next month right? Especially for a November release! I doubt the CU duet will be a lead single.

The lead single was already released in june and it is really good. It is called Legendary Child and you can hear iton itunes plus they just debuted the video.

It sounded great live when I saw aerosmith last week.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Is the duet, in fact, "Closer" and not "Beautiful"? If so, wikipedia would need updating because it says Carrie is appearing on "Beautiful".

•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast