Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1174Likes

Thread: [June 6] 2012 CMT Music Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

Carrie Guru

[June 6] 2012 CMT Music Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

Wednesday June 6 on CMT 8pm Eastern/ 7 pm Central
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Do you think Brad & Carrie will be singing Remind Me? And if so, do you think Carrie will be singing Good Girl too?

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Do you think Brad & Carrie will be singing Remind Me? And if so, do you think Carrie will be singing Good Girl too?
    In one of those interviews posted today, Carrie said she'd be performing GG. But with Carrie, you just never know what she might have in store for us. She likes to surprise us sometimes!!
    seantrainor likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I would think the ship has sailed on Remind Me lol, but maybe not.
    I think Carrie will do either Good Girl or Blown Away to promote her own album. Perhaps Brad will unveil a new single from an upcoming album.

Anybody notice the arenas are tweeting to vote for Carrie at the CMT's. I've seen 4 or 5 of them tweet about this in the last hour or so. Hadn't seen that until today. Nice!
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think Carrie will perform "Blown Away" but it would be nice to see her perform "Remind Me" with Brad. We shall see. Carrie likes to surprise us. Thank you for posting, opry051008.

I don't know if ppl will be on this thread or the other one, but in any event, for those who cannot watch CMT, here is a live stream for the red carpet:

See the 2012 CMT Music Awards red carpet live!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    At rehearsals on Tuesday, Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus told a CMT crew,

“I’ve got to tell you, tonight was amazing because we’ve dreamed about collaborating with Journey forever. So to be up there onstage with those guys who are heroes. You hate to say ‘heroes’ growing up, but as kids of the ’80s, their music was iconic for that era. I was such a huge fan, so to be able to stand onstage beside some your heroes is the best feeling on the entire planet. You can’t describe it. You can’t put it into words — and it’s nerve-wracking!”

Joe Don Rooney added,

“It is a little nerve-wracking, but what’s cool is to see that these guys are as hungry as ever to perform and to play and to make music. It’s so cool with [lead vocalist Arnel Pineda] in the band now. It’s been this injection. This guy’s got serious energy. He’s got serious pipes. He can really, really sing and really bring it. It’s good to see these guys 30 years in the business, and they’re still just dying to get on stage and make music for the fans. I think it’s exciting for us to see that.”

Gary LeVox concluded,

“As a band, they’ve made some of the most timeless music in music history. So to be able to share the same stage and sing and play with those guys is just a dream come true.”

SOURCE: CMT.com
    Pi314CA and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    At rehearsals on Tuesday, Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus told a CMT crew,

“I’ve got to tell you, tonight was amazing because we’ve dreamed about collaborating with Journey forever. So to be up there onstage with those guys who are heroes. You hate to say ‘heroes’ growing up, but as kids of the ’80s, their music was iconic for that era. I was such a huge fan, so to be able to stand onstage beside some your heroes is the best feeling on the entire planet. You can’t describe it. You can’t put it into words — and it’s nerve-wracking!”

Joe Don Rooney added,

“It is a little nerve-wracking, but what’s cool is to see that these guys are as hungry as ever to perform and to play and to make music. It’s so cool with [lead vocalist Arnel Pineda] in the band now. It’s been this injection. This guy’s got serious energy. He’s got serious pipes. He can really, really sing and really bring it. It’s good to see these guys 30 years in the business, and they’re still just dying to get on stage and make music for the fans. I think it’s exciting for us to see that.”

Gary LeVox concluded,

“As a band, they’ve made some of the most timeless music in music history. So to be able to share the same stage and sing and play with those guys is just a dream come true.”

SOURCE: CMT.com
    Rascal Flatts and Journey! That's going to be amazing! Love both groups. Cannot wait to see this performance! Thanks for posting!
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If Carrie doesn't win at least one award, World War 3 will definitely occur here....and I will be a willing participant!
    simonplay and pklongbeach like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Toby Keith

This article is pretty funny.
    Ann055 and Gator like this.

@Lauren_Alaina
    Hey guys! I am the official Twitter Tracker correspondent for the #CMTawards tonight. Follow along tonight at CMT : CMT Music Awards 2012 : Twitter Tracker Education (:

So, everybody tweet like crazy for Carrie...lol
    Gator, Pi314CA and CUFan7 like this.

Concert Stars
    I love RF's enthusiasm for Journey. It's cool to see established artists still getting a little starstruck when they get to work with their Idols.
    The Twitter thing is a cool opportunity for Lauren.
    At least Toby knows Red Solo Cup is stupid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    If Carrie doesn't win at least one award, World War 3 will definitely occur here....and I will be a willing participant!
    As I said in the other CMT thread, if Carrie doesn't win tonight it is all on us as fans. It will have nothing to do with the industry snubbing her, or any other artists' fanbases doing anything other than vote for their favorites. It will be a simple fact of us as a group being out-voted. That being said, there will inevitably be some here that will be all upset and blame everyone imaginable if Carrie doesn't win something. Regardless of what happens tonight, we should all be proud of Carrie for having a number one single, a gold album, and for giving what I'm sure will be an amazing performance tonight of GG. Plus, she will look fabulous on the red carpet, too .

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I love RF's enthusiasm for Journey. It's cool to see established artists still getting a little starstruck when they get to work with their Idols.

As I said in the other CMT thread, if Carrie doesn't win tonight it is all on us as fans. It will have nothing to do with the industry snubbing her, or any other artists' fanbases doing anything other than vote for their favorites. It will be a simple fact of us as a group being out-voted. That being said, there will inevitably be some here that will be all upset and blame everyone imaginable if Carrie doesn't win something. Regardless of what happens tonight, we should all be proud of Carrie for having a number one single, a gold album, and for giving what I'm sure will be an amazing performance tonight of GG. Plus, she will look fabulous on the red carpet, too .
    Oh come on now, Meg.

You know that if Carrie doesn't win tonight it will not be because of being out voted by other fan bases and it will be because of CMT having a conspiracy.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Oh come on now, Meg.

You know that if Carrie doesn't win tonight it will not be because of being out voted by other fan bases and it will be because of CMT having a conspiracy.
    Thanks for reminding me, Jim. How could I forget ?
    JB172 and bluejeanbaby like this.

Concert Stars
    I love journey so this is gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post

In a utopian world.

You're an ignorant fool, Meg. Clearly the only reason Carrie could lose is because all of Nashville is in secret cohorts with our alien overlords who silently seek to take over our world. You know, cuz of the old adage...World domination begins by controlling the cheesy award shows.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Oh come on now, Meg.

If this happens, remember to warn me about those falling apples haha... I'm never given a heads up when the world is coming to an end lol
    Becca
    supercarriefan and JB172 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    In a utopian world.

You're an ignorant fool, Meg. Clearly the only reason Carrie could lose is because all of Nashville is in secret cohorts with our alien overlords who silently seek to take over our world. You know, cuz of the old adage...World domination begins by controlling the cheesy award shows.
    hahahahaha. BEST POST EVER.
    Becca

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    In a utopian world.

BAHAHA! Run! Run I say, Run!

•  
    Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast