• 3 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 3 Post By jptexas
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By Sofa Critic
  • 1 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 1 Post By opry051008
  • 3 Post By bearball49

Thread: Carrie's Interview on CBC Radio's "Q" - Best ever?

Carrie's Interview on CBC Radio's "Q" - Best ever?

Hi All,

Jian Ghomeshi of CBC Radio's "Q" interviewed Carrie this morning (May 17) in Toronto. It was a loose, honest and freewheeling discussion. Probably the best CU interview I've ever heard. Nice that in the "Blown Away" era, Carrie is speaking freely. Have a listen and tell me what you think:

Home | Q with Jian Ghomeshi | CBC Radio
    Gator, rainbow1, oldyfan and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It was a great interview. Very in-depth and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed this interview. Carrie is always very well-spoken and seems more comfortable in interview these days. Thank you for posting, Sofa Critic.
    Sofa Critic, Cps235 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Yeah, you guys are way ahead of me. I think I have the scoop on Twitter and then realize it's been up on CF for hours.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofa Critic View Post
    Yeah, you guys are way ahead of me. I think I have the scoop on Twitter and then realize it's been up on CF for hours.
    Happens to all of us

Carrie Guru
    After listening to the interview, may I honestly say: "I Love You, Carrie".
    Last edited by Mirasa45A; 05-17-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Wasn't the best ever for me but still a good one.

Concert Stars
    Slowly but surely, Carrie reveals more and more about herself.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Slowly but surely, Carrie reveals more and more about herself.
    YES , she is

Concert Stars
    Haha, call me crazy or obsessed but I remember which year Carrie won Entertainer of the Year & Female Vocalist of the Year <3.

In all seriousness, I loved the interview! Thanks for posting Very informative.

Concert Stars
    She is so thoughtful and an amazing human being!!
    Cps235 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I loved the interview. He asked some different and good questions - not the standard you get from the radio stations. I loved her answer when he asked her about the EOTY award. Yes she likes to win, but in the long run what really matters is how you helped others and used what God gave you (and with Mike's help she has matured to the point that awards are nice but they aren't the end of the world if you don't win.) Although I would love her to win awards again this year! I think this album is amazing and want it to win awards!
    rainbow1 likes this.

If you get a chance, listen to the interview radio station CHFI did with Carrie. Another lengthy and informative conversation. Carrie's Toronto interviews have been great. Good questions asked and Carrie has been so relaxed and chatty. Perhaps being out of the spotlight in the main media centers of NYC, Los Angeles and Nashville has taken some pressure off.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Yeah the interviews from Canada have been great. They actually ask great questions and Carrie is more open, relaxed, and candid. I have loved pretty much all the interviews she has done in Canada.

Concert Stars
    am i the only one who thought the interviewer was a complete jerk? Im sorry, but it seemed to me like he kept trying to steer her into getting into trouble. That added to the fact that he questioned her legitimacy as a country artist and Blown Away as a whole being country. Carrie handled it all very well as usual, but i didnt like this interview

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I loved the interview. He asked some different and good questions - not the standard you get from the radio stations. I loved her answer when he asked her about the EOTY award. Yes she likes to win, but in the long run what really matters is how you helped others and used what God gave you (and with Mike's help she has matured to the point that awards are nice but they aren't the end of the world if you don't win.) Although I would love her to win awards again this year! I think this album is amazing and want it to win awards!
    I think a lot of this "attitude" came about by help from Mike after being snubbed, a lot of soul searching what was important about her career and what she was going to do about her "attitude" to protect herself in the future re her career and award shows. She came to the right decisions - she radiates a new Carrie!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    am i the only one who thought the interviewer was a complete jerk? Im sorry, but it seemed to me like he kept trying to steer her into getting into trouble. That added to the fact that he questioned her legitimacy as a country artist and Blown Away as a whole being country. Carrie handled it all very well as usual, but i didnt like this interview
    I don't think his intent was to get her into trouble or to question her legitimacy although it did come across as such. I've heard him on several occasions and he's a good guy. He's on Canadian Broadcasting Company radio for goodness sake, so he's much more of a serious in-depth type of interviewer and a singer/songwriter himself. I'm actually surprised that he had Carrie on his program.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ghomeshi can be controversial, but generally he doesn't stir up trouble. Him and his staff do their research (except for that Muskogee/Checotah thing) and he treats his guests well, except when they treat him poorly (Billy Bob Thornton for instance).

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I know exactly why you thought he was trying to create controversy with some of his questions but actually I thought it resulted in Carrie having to explain her actions more and got someone who is normally quiet, to talk more. I enjoyed the interview and enjoyed the fact he did ask different questions. I'm not sure I learned anything new but I love hearing her talk so enjoyed it. He asked edgy questions but then turned around and came across as very kind. Thanks for posting interview!!!!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I don't know if it is maturity, her marriage or just time off, but when I recently spoke with our local country radio personalities about Carrie, they commented on her change. They said they had recently interviewed her and whereas she used to be a tough person to interview she is much more relaxed. Thet said when trying to chat her up before, questions generated monotone or one word answers. They said they were surprised how chatty and casual she was. They were nice about it and said they felt it was her shyness and just being naturally reserved, but definitely not good in interviews until now. I think they felt she came across stiff before and now came across as fun and more interesting. If people are actually enjoying bringing out a livlier Carrie, are more likely to want to interview her as these interviews are a reflection on them as well as Carrie.

•