Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood - Christian Faith?

Carrie Follower

Carrie Underwood - Christian Faith?

Carrie is a Christian obviously.

Has she ever actively promoted any particular Church, or books on the Christian Faith? Does she speak about her faith much in interviews, or done any interviews exclusively for Christian TV channels?

Just wondering, as have seen interviews with her but never one where she talks about it; and if she doesn't talk about it much publically that is absolutely fine of course, many famous people of faith don't talk about it publically.
    jaylee50 likes this.

I only one know the answer of one question... She talks a lot about her faith. A lot.
    opry051008 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I think her faith is just a natural extention of who she is. So it does come up. It did not as much early on. But as she has developed into an artist. She has been allowed to grow in strenth in her convictions.
    So it does come up but not from a place of preaching. Just from a place of understanding her better.
    I think that is very important. Because there was a time where people misunderstood her in many ways.
    Always assuming she was a goody goody or a snob or or she had "gone hollywood.
    And by expressing who she is on a personal level it has really allowed people to understand that when she sings JTTW she means it.
    But she can enjoy BHC also. It's all a balance with her. And that is part of her fasination.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh Dragons, if you haven't seen her Biography episode you really need to see it. Her parting comments make me teary eyed every single time I watch it. Or the GAC How Great Thou Art special is another great show to see.
    rainbow1, oldyfan, HuiZ and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I think any time she talks about Temporary Home, it's a great example of her faith. I like what she says particularly about "this is just a stop on the way".

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    She went to Free Will Baptist Church in her home town. Which should mean that no Calvinist teachings were taught there. Not all Baptist churches teach the same thing as far as adding to God's word like how Seven Day Adventist say you must worship on Saturday which is not true. Everyday is the Sabbath in the new blood covenant. So I would say from a "born again" perspective, she's in the faith. As in walking with the Lord, and not man and his teachings.
    clh_hilary, judes and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    She has talked about it quite a bit but not in every interview as you correctly said.

but she said her bucket list wish is to do a Gospel album someday....and she did win a Gospel'music award for Jesus Take the Wheel.

she told Cou try weekly recently that her Faith is the most important thing to her. i scanned the article and posted it in the Times section a few days ago.

QUOTE=Dragons;4312586]Carrie is a Christian obviously.

Has she ever actively promoted any particular Church, or books on the Christian Faith? Does she speak about her faith much in interviews, or done any interviews exclusively for Christian TV channels?

Just wondering, as have seen interviews with her but never one where she talks about it; and if she doesn't talk about it much publically that is absolutely fine of course, many famous people of faith don't talk about it publically.[/QUOTE]
    oldyfan and opry051008 like this.

Carrie sang this at the Girl's Night Out show -- and from what you can see, brought the house down. To me, it shows how Carrie feels about her faith -- you can see it, you can hear it, you live it -- absolutely amazing performance!!!! And I must say, Mr. Vince Gill was amazing as well!!!

Carrie Guru
    I'm pretty sure she promoted this book. lol!
    Attachment 28667

Carrie doesn't always talk about her faith in interviews but she doesn't need to because:

Her faith is prevalent in her songbook, her first and one of her biggest hits was Jesus Take the Wheel.

She also had a hit with Temporary Home.

Here, she talks about a couple of songs on her album which are faith based.
    Carrie Underwood Talks About "Who Are You" - YouTube
    Carrie Underwood Talks About "See You Again" - YouTube

She chose a faith based story for her first movie role. Soul Surfer.
    Carrie Underwood on Soul Surfer - YouTube

If that isn't enough here's Jesus Take the Wheel and How Great Thou Art which she performed at every show on her Play On Tour.
    Carrie Underwood Jesus Take The Wheel How Great Thou Art - YouTube

And if that isn't enough, as Ann055 posted above Carrie sang How Great Thou Art again with Vince Gill, which was not only watched by millions on National television, it has since had over 13 million hits on YouTube.

Carrie does talk about her faith but not always. But the bottom line is if you follow Carrie you can't help but know about the importance of faith in her life.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post

Carrie sang this at the Girl's Night Out show -- and from what you can see, brought the house down. To me, it shows how Carrie feels about her faith -- you can see it, you can hear it, you live it -- absolutely amazing performance!!!! And I must say, Mr. Vince Gill was amazing as well!!!
    Ann thanks for posting the video! I hadn't listened to it lately! I get chills every time I hear it...and I have been listening to it for years!
    Pi314CA, rainbow1 and gabulldogmom like this.

Concert Stars
    This is her A&E Bio
    Talking about God and her music
    Best. Line. Ever. Starts at about 5 minutes in... 5:30 is the money line.

This CMT article just came out 2 days ago, posted in the Times section of this forum

When Glamour magazine asked Carrie Underwood how she felt about launching her career with a song about Jesus ("Jesus, Take the Wheel"), she said it never occurred to her to worry. Country music, she explained, just has a Bible Belt-ness about it and that she's not the first person to sing about God, Jesus and faith. Nor will she be the last. As for day-to-day religion, it definitely sounds like it's a big part of Underwood's life. "Every Wednesday, my husband and I have a study group with our friends. I attend church. We try to devote time in the morning, say a prayer," Underwood said. "I'm not a big reader, though. I have to feel it, hear it, touch it be involved in it."

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...s-country.html (OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on the Bible Belt-ness of Country)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey2k5 View Post
    This is her A&E Bio
    Talking about God and her music
    Best. Line. Ever. Starts at about 5 minutes in... 5:30 is the money line.

Just brought tears to my eyes, again! Love this, love her faith!
    rainbow1 likes this.

yea she actually included a lot of Christian messages in her music so it's really hard for anyone to think she's hiding it behind or something

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    She has never billed herself as a "Christian" singer. She has always been a country singer who is a Christian. To my knowledge she has never officially promoted any particular book or teaching. She is not shy about expressing her faith but doesn't use her platform to preach too loudly. In her recent Glamour interview she talked a little bit about her faith. Her husband has been a little more vocal. He has appeared on Christian programs such as the 700 Club.

Thank you to everyone who has posted here. I've been crying like a baby watching and listening to these videos and interviews. Randy Jackson said it right -- Carrie was meant to be on this path -- she wasn't meant to play in bars like I was and a slew of others, she was meant for this path. I just love watching these videos and listening to the interviews -- I never get enough. Another song she sang at an awards show was Just A Dream and that performance just melted my heart and I know it has brought great comfort to so many, especially to the military. Carrie Underwood is heaven sent as far as I'm concerned.
    bearball49, liz278 and rainbow1 like this.

As a non-Christian, this is how I see it, and how I feel about it : Carrie is a religious person, she is a Christian. She is a good Christian woman. She is not a "closeted" woman when it comes to her faith, and she certainly isn't shy about it. As for how she sees the rest of the world, I have always thought that she would like to get as many people towards God as possible, no matter what religion they choose to reach him through. I have never once felt her force any single religion or sect on her fans.

And I think that is exactly how the entire world should be : My personal faith stays inside my house, although I'm not going to pretend I'm something I'm not. And for the rest of the world, reach God in whatever way you want, for it does not matter. I think that would solve every religious and sectarian problem in the world
    HuiZ, bearball49, Ann055 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    As a non-Christian, this is how I see it, and how I feel about it : Carrie is a religious person, she is a Christian. She is a good Christian woman. She is not a "closeted" woman when it comes to her faith, and she certainly isn't shy about it. As for how she sees the rest of the world, I have always thought that she would like to get as many people towards God as possible, no matter what religion they choose to reach him through. I have never once felt her force any single religion or sect on her fans.

And I think that is exactly how the entire world should be : My personal faith stays inside my house, although I'm not going to pretend I'm something I'm not. And for the rest of the world, reach God in whatever way you want, for it does not matter. I think that would solve every religious and sectarian problem in the world
    What a great post and I think you are exactly right -- Carrie doesn't force anything on anyone -- she is what she is & others are what they are -- and that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    What a great post and I think you are exactly right -- Carrie doesn't force anything on anyone -- she is what she is & others are what they are -- and that is fine.
    Thanks! Glad to see you're posting again! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Thanks! Glad to see you're posting again! Welcome back!
    Thanks!! I'm so glad to be back -- I missed you guys so much -- you just have no idea!!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast