Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood - Christian Faith?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Dragons, great post. Thanks to everyone who posted videos. They are fantastic. One of the songs Carrie talked about "see you again" is one of my favorites on her BA album. I also love "who are you". Thanks for the videos.

If I remember correctly, Carrie once discussed a book she and Mike were reading and working through "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. The book provides lessons to help explore one's purpose "What on Earth am I Here For". One of these days I will read it.

Ann it is so good to read your posts again. I hope all is well.
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Dragons, great post. Thanks to everyone who posted videos. They are fantastic. One of the songs Carrie talked about "see you again" is one of my favorites on her BA album. I also love "who are you". Thanks for the videos.

If I remember correctly, Carrie once discussed a book she and Mike were reading and working through "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. The book provides lessons to help explore one's purpose "What on Earth am I Here For". One of these days I will read it.

Ann it is so good to read your posts again. I hope all is well.
    Well, thank you jaylee! It's so good to be back!! I have "The Purpose Driven Life" and I must say, it is real work. I haven't finished, but I'm going to.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey2k5 View Post
    This is her A&E Bio
    Talking about God and her music
    Best. Line. Ever. Starts at about 5 minutes in... 5:30 is the money line.

This is one of my all-time favorite Carrie quotes! Starting at 5:20: "If I can convince others that there is a God and they need to know Him, I have done my job." Amazing! I think she does this each and every time she opens her mouth to sing. That voice is definitely God-given!
    Ann055, Cps235 and Carrie&Taylor like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey2k5 View Post
    This is her A&E Bio
    Talking about God and her music
    Best. Line. Ever. Starts at about 5 minutes in... 5:30 is the money line.

I was gonna post this!! Carrie's faith is what makes me love that much more. SHe is the one who brought be back to mine when i was not it a good point in my life. Carrie DID bring me back to God. She is a hero in every aspect. <3

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Funny how God works. I know how devout Carrie is. I usually watch HGTA every day and really enjoy knowing she feels the words behind the faith based songs. I also love that with each and every award she has won, she thanks God and truly means it. I know that she is a Baptist, but think she just wants everyone to find their own version of God and be happy in it. She lives the life of a Christian and has a sweetness about her clear to her soul. I truly believe God gave her that special gift for a reason and she is doing the best she can by it. Because she is open about her faith, she is constantly trashed because of her short dresses. It really bothers me when she is doing so much good that some only focus on the negative. I know from reading posts on HGTA, she has brought many back to God that had strayed......her gift is such a blessing. While I look forward to that promised gospel album, I wish people would stop trying to pidgeon hole her as they can not handle her singing a song unless it is faith based and she should be able to sing any song that makes her happy. That being said, I truly enjoyed reading and watching this particular thread and it did me a world if good when I needed it most.
    Last edited by bearball49; 05-17-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Ann055 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie has spoke about her faith a lot in the past. She loves God and so does her husband. I don't think she attends church though.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    Carrie has spoke about her faith a lot in the past. She loves God and so does her husband. I don't think she attends church though.
    Carrie attends church just don't know if she attends it regularly or how often she goes. There's a picture from a fan/girl that took a picture w/ Carrie w/ her family and the caption by the fan was meeting Carrie at church/Carrie was at her church and the fan/Carrie were dressed in Sunday clothes that you would see someone wear to church. I remember it because we had a big discussion about whether it was the appropriate place to ask for a picture w/ her while she's at church.

Concert Stars
    I am not a religious man, but I am a spiritual one. I'm glad Carrie considers her faith as being the guiding force in her life. That being said, I like the way she speaks about it. She doesn't force her views,
    but is gentle about it. She sings about faith and God in a non-threatening way to non-believers. She doesn't alienate anyone except the most judgemental. She quietly goes about her business and knows
    that whatever happens, it was His will.
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I can't even tell you how many times Carrie has restored my faith in God. I truly admire and love Carrie for that! I credit Carrie for leading on the right path! I really hope I get the day to say that to her in person! <3.
    Pi314CA likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Carrie attends church just don't know if she attends it regularly or how often she goes. There's a picture from a fan/girl that took a picture w/ Carrie w/ her family and the caption by the fan was meeting Carrie at church/Carrie was at her church and the fan/Carrie were dressed in Sunday clothes that you would see someone wear to church. I remember it because we had a big discussion about whether it was the appropriate place to ask for a picture w/ her while she's at church.
    Oh, OK. I wasn't sure. Thanks for filling me in, Jade_kt. I thought she may attend church from time to time. Obviously, she's too busy to attend on a regular basis. I know her faith means a lot to her. She has expressed that in the past. Didn't she used to sing in church in Oklahoma?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Well, thank you jaylee! It's so good to be back!! I have "The Purpose Driven Life" and I must say, it is real work. I haven't finished, but I'm going to.
    Ann, you're doing better than I am because it sounds as though you've made more progress on "The Purpose Driven LIfe" than I have. It surely takes a lot of discipline and dedication. I think I'm just going to finish reading it without doing the exercises, then re-read with the intentions to follow the lessons. Now that I'm retired, my purpose is somewhat different.
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    In the Glamour interview she says that she attends church, and I know that there are several larger churches in Nashville that I am sure Mike and her might attend without it being a big deal. Because there are a lot of Christian singers and other country singers in Nashville (like Vince and Amy) who attend church that it wouldn't be something that people would make a big deal about. If she came to my church I would want to tell the world that she was attending my church .

Carrie Follower
    I want to say I recall her either posting a blog or a post on the fan club message board, maybe it was an interview or whatever a few years back where she was making fun of herself for having the clocks wrong at home and that as a result she was confused when she showed up early for church only to find out she was actually late.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    She and Mike attend a nondenominational church. I've seen occasional tweets from people who see them there. Mike said in a recent interview that they make it about every other week depending on their schedules. She said in the recent Glamour article that they do a book study with their friends every Wednesday. (Obviously that's assuming they are in town.)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Carrie is the perfect type of christian. Not afraid to hide it but also doesnt pass judgement about others. Perfect balance. Atheists should take a lesson on Carrie's tolerance.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by broker03 View Post
    Carrie is the perfect type of christian. Not afraid to hide it but also doesnt pass judgement about others. Perfect balance. Atheists should take a lesson on Carrie's tolerance.
    There are plenty of Christians that could take a lesson from Carrie and Mike as well. I used to follow Contemporary Christian Music but I got really frustrated by some of the judgmental people, not the artists but the fans. The songs either weren't "christian" enough or the people weren't holy enough. Some of the comments on the HGTA video are perfect evidence of how badly some people can behave in their misguided attempts to be seen as proper Christians. (... her skirts too short, some of her songs aren't Christian, there aren't enough pictures of her attending church, etc.) Carrie and Mike are clearly committed Christians but I've never heard either of them criticize or judge others.
    Ann055, Lstname89 and carebear4eva like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    There are plenty of Christians that could take a lesson from Carrie and Mike as well. I used to follow Contemporary Christian Music but I got really frustrated by some of the judgmental people, not the artists but the fans. The songs either weren't "christian" enough or the people weren't holy enough. Some of the comments on the HGTA video are perfect evidence of how badly some people can behave in their misguided attempts to be seen as proper Christians. (... her skirts too short, some of her songs aren't Christian, there aren't enough pictures of her attending church, etc.) Carrie and Mike are clearly committed Christians but I've never heard either of them criticize or judge others.
    Never judge Christianity by what Christians do. If you do, you will be forever disappointed as long as you live. Judge it by what the Bible says, not man. After all, it says "all" have sinned. Doe's not matter how big or small it is. We sin daily. Someone that calls themselves a Christian, are saying that they are a sinner, they need a Saviour to save them from sinning, from themselves and they need help. Satan always brings up the past mistakes we had done that has now been forgiven. Yet Satan says otherwise. Our walk with the Lord will always be a struggle. We always try to do right, but end up failing. But He already knows this. We are all in different places in our walk with Him. We will never be "perfect" until we have died and raised into a new body like Christ's. I too am guilty of criticize or judging others.
    gabulldogmom and broker03 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Never judge Christianity by what Christians do. If you do, you will be forever disappointed as long as you live. Judge it by what the Bible says, not man. After all, it says "all" have sinned. Doe's not matter how big or small it is. We sin daily. Someone that calls themselves a Christian, are saying that they are a sinner, they need a Saviour to save them from sinning, from themselves and they need help. Satan always brings up the past mistakes we had done that has now been forgiven. Yet Satan says otherwise. Our walk with the Lord will always be a struggle. We always try to do right, but end up failing. But He already knows this. We are all in different places in our walk with Him. We will never be "perfect" until we have died and raised into a new body like Christ's. I too am guilty of criticize or judging others.
    Nice post! Indeed, we need to look to Christ, not men. As for our sinning due to our sinful nature, we can look to the promise in 1 John 1:9. Criticizing and judging needs to be defined... indeed judging can only be by God since He is the Judge, meaning that He is the One that hands down judgment. We, mere mortals, can judge (or evaluate) others so as to help them in their walk or their way to find God. Our judging is not to condemn, but instead to help.

Getting back to Carrie, I think she lets the Holy Spirit do the work.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Of course and why i specifically stated and implied Carrie is not one of these christians or on the flip side one of the vast majority of atheists who want to shut up christians and remove god from everyday life.
    Carrie&Taylor likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    100% dead on. Tell that to the atheists who look at isolated incidents of child abuse in church and connect it with god. Very irrational and delusional mindset.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast