• 7 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 3 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 2 Post By JB172
  • 2 Post By supercarriefan
  • 2 Post By wonderboy
  • 1 Post By jptexas
  • 1 Post By Carrie2011

Thread: Carrie's voice is back in tip-top shape!

Insane Carrie Fan

Carrie's voice is back in tip-top shape!

I have to be honest, I was a bit worried for Carrie's voice at the start of this promotion era; Her live vocal was just unusually rough and she sounded very out of practice to my ears. I noticed that her mechanics were a bit off, as she was having some serious issues with her breathing and placement...After the Good Girl performance at the ACM's, especially, I feared that the flaws in her vocal technique had started to catch up to her, and would affect her ability to nail her high-octane songs live like she always had before. But after that Good Girl performance on Ellen yesterday, I have to say that the voice is BACK and better than ever! Every single note was hit with such ease, strength, clarity, and machine-like precision that I felt so stupid for ever doubting her lol. Seriously, how amazingly PERFECT was this vocal? Better than the studio version by a mile.

Concert Stars
    I'm sorry for doubting as well ! XD I was stooooooooooopidd

Concert Stars
    Oops there's a typo. I don't think the word "back" belongs in the title...

Never doubted her for a moment.

Concert Stars
    The first half of the song was miles better than her previous GG performances, but still a far cry from the studio for me. The second half, however, from midway through the second verse on, was AWESOME. Definitely better than studio. Her PO tone is returning.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    The first half of the song was miles better than her previous GG performances, but still a far cry from the studio for me. The second half, however, from midway through the second verse on, was AWESOME. Definitely better than studio. Her PO tone is returning.
    Yeah, the most difficult parts were definitely FLAWLESS and superior to the studio version. What did you think was wrong with the first half of the song?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Yeah, the most difficult parts were definitely FLAWLESS and superior to the studio version. What did you think was wrong with the first half of the song?
    Just a lack of power and some slight breathing issues, I guess. Listen to the first chorus and the last chorus. The last chorus is just way better. I liked the first half, just didn't love it.

However, she more than nailed the most difficult parts of the song. I think she just got really comfortable or something, because it was spectacular.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    You guys are crazy for doubting her.

Concert Stars
    I think she just gets nervous in front of her peers at award shows, and also at Idol. I think she is bragged about so much by Idol, that she is their best...that it puts alot of pressure on her. Could be wrong, just sayin'....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'd never doubt Carrie's vocal ability. She can sing like no another. Her voice is utter perfection and she continues to improve. She says she sounds better live in concert, well I'm going to find out, when I see her live for the first time on June 21. I loved this performance of "Good Girl" on Ellen. It was amazing, she nailed it. Carrie is phenomenal. She never ceases to amaze me with that wonderful voice of hers.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I never doubted, just sayin
    Chasing Dreams likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Ha ha, very brave of you to even admit you doubted.
    You Are Forgiven!!
    Seriously though, that Ellen performance was just amazing.
    But keep in mind that the sound editing was perfection. Sound engineering is so often the case when therer are problems.
    In todays world of mixing while the singer is singing and sound going through different channels and getting mixed at the end is very difficult to get perfect. Even though the technology is supposed to create perfection. It can be a real curse.
    Carries AI performance of BA is just such an example. I imagine that in the house it probably sounded great! But what came out on the recording is a voices that sounds completely seperated from the arrangement and is floating out by itself while other instruments are sticking out in weird places.
    Point is, that the sound on Ellen was "masterfully" edited at the sound board and what you got was Carries voices sitting beautifully within the arrangement. And she just waled!!
    Best I haev heard her in a TV setting in a while.
    But remember doubters, that voice is consistant. Very often it is the sound engineering that changes from performacne to performance.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I don't know anything about singing, but she just sounded a bit out of shape at first. I didn't think she sounded like she was losing her voice or anything. It's like playing sports after taking a break....takes a bit to regain your top form. I never doubted she would be fine. She never sounded BAD, she just wasn't in "Carrieform" which is always head and shoulders above everyone else!

Comparing her to a athlete is right on, she will be fine and will easily get into "touring shape".
    supercarriefan and Hil like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    GG was awesome on Ellen. Carrie and the band have found their groove with that song.
    Several songs on BA put Carrie's voice in places we've never had the pleasure to hear it go before. We've never heard Carrie tackle a song quite like BA or GG before in terms of its structure. Carrie is challenging herself vocally with these new songs which is amazing. On the other side of that, though, it will take some time for her to adjust to performing them. GG challenges her breath control in a big way...the song just never really lets up with its changes in dynamics. BA is tough in several ways as well.
    Carrie's voice is changing in some ways because she is figuring out how to use it in new ways...she is realizing that she doesn't have to stick to the old way.
    By tour time, she will have everything set with the new songs...no doubt about it!
    nccountrygal and Hil like this.

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I never doubted!! She was just out of practice and wasn't in the habit of doing these types of things...it's been a while. A few times was all she needed...she sounds better than ever

Junior Carrie Follower wonderboy's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I make it a point to never doubt Carrie. Her "rough" performances are still miles better than other artists "good" performances any day.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's voice, like any performer or professional "athlete", has to be taken care of, exercized, and cultivated. She's been off the road for a very long time. She's smart not to start the US tour until the fall, her voice needs to get back in "shape". But, her natural singing ability is always there. She's getting better and better with each performance. I think she'll be in tip top shape in London and will Blow their socks off.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    gocountrymusic likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    If ANYONE calls Carrie stiff after a performance like this, there's no helping them. The energy was right on the money and the mannerisms weren't awkward at all. I know I've said this before, but I feel its harder to achieve a commanding performance with a happy up-tempo song but Carrie did it.

•