Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What Do You Think About An Acoustic Concert?

What Do You Think About An Acoustic Concert?

Hey guys! I just wanna know your opinion about Carrie singing in an acoustic/intimate setting 'cause I was just watching Carrie vids that have an acoustic setting, and let me tell you, her voice shines and it's really 100% good! here is a good example:

here's what I think Carrie should do... She should perform all of the songs on Blown Away but in an unplugged version. I want Carrie's voice to shine

What do you think?

I'll post more vids
    Cps235 and seantrainor like this.

I would totally be here for it. An acoustic album would be nice as well
    seantrainor and Leithe21 like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Acoustic Album please!!!
    Leithe21, HuiZ and seantrainor like this.

I wanna see Carrie sing on MTV Unplugged or something that has an acoustic setting to it. In my opinion, she sounds so heavenly and pure when her backup is only a guitar or a piano
    seantrainor and Cps235 like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    We all love her voice. I would like a CD but that won't happen for a few years. An accoustic tour is not likely for many years. The idea of an accoustic TV/internet show is possible.
    seantrainor likes this.

Concert Stars
    Oh my gosh yes that would be unbelievable. I need her to do at least vh1 Unplugged or something. K thanks.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If Carrie can get a hold on pop/HAC this era, a VH1 Unplugged might be an option at some point.
    Did Carrie film an AOL Sessions or Wal-Mart Soundcheck for this era? Perhaps we will get something acoustic out of those if she did.
    I would love an acoustic tour from Carrie. Obviously, this album isn't suited to that in many ways lol, but in the future it would be great. I hope Carrie would consider it because it would be a new experience for the fans and for her. She could play more intimate venues, and really have a chance to connect on a different level with the audience.
    I'm hoping she does an acoustic section on the tour this time. Songs like Do You Think About Me and Thank God For Hometowns would sound great stripped down.
    seantrainor likes this.

Concert Stars
    I would love this, love stripped down music and with Carrie's voice it would be so great. I hope she brings back an acoustic set like she did during the Carnival Ride Tour, I loved that.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    An acoustic Carrie album/tour would be AMAZING.
    seantrainor likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    As great of an entertainer as Carrie has become, I think she'd put on her greatest all around show with an acoustic tour (although it won't be for a while). Her voice would be super clear and her adorable personality would prob shine through even better.
    Becca
    seantrainor likes this.

This shouldn't even be a question...Everybody wants an unplugged concert from anyone who can sing!
    seantrainor likes this.

Concert Stars
    not for this tour though. she is playing the staples center and really big venues. she needs to go big.

someday when she is older an acoustic tour would be'lovely.
    seantrainor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    not for this tour though. she is playing the staples center and really big venues. she needs to go big.

someday when she is older an acoustic tour would be'lovely.
    Or a MTR Unplugged concert on TV and releases as a DVD...I mean even Katy Perry did it.
    seantrainor likes this.

Concert Stars
    I would absolutely love an acoustic album/tour! I think that would be amazing! Carrie did say in the past that she was considering on doing a acoustic tour sometime in the future!
    seantrainor likes this.

Ban Hammered
    Concert Stars
    OMG yes please!! And YAY Staples Center lol. But I'd totally be down for this.

Concert Stars
    i would love it but i don't expect to see it for some time!

i saw Alanis Morissette in an acoustic concert last decade and it was awesome!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The Dixie Chicks released an acoustic album, which went six-times platinum. It was a conscious departure from Nashville (hence its name, "Home"), made at Cedar Creek studios in TX, with an Alternative producer (Lloyd Maines) and a Bluegrass sound engineer (Gary Paczosa). However, a move like that would be pretty difficult for Carrie, as a Mainstream singer (the two founding members of the Chicks are multi-instrumentalists, which lends itself to a acoustic approach)

What Carrie could do is a "stripped-down" acoustic performance of several of her songs, and maybe be offer it as a DVD. There is a converted church-studio in Nashville that would make an ideal setting.

Here's an example of how good she is at this. This is the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Bless the Broken Road" - and even on a well worked fifteen year old song, she can still find special touches (like the shout of joy when she promises to give the lost years back to you). Tara, on Country Universe, said she had about a dozen versions of this song, and Carrie's was the most emotional.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast