Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Carrie Follower

Reemphasize the Music & Deemphasize the Fashionista

I think that Carrie should at least consider deemphasizing the photo shoots,magazine covers & fashionista role and focus on presenting the best possible MUSIC for her fans & the general public. That is what her career is. Personally,I would like to see the concert shows simplified,with less emphasis on fancy props and especially on all of the costume changes,and more on the music itself,especially instrumentals by Carrie.We know that she plays guitar and piano,but why not do more with that guitar and piano,such as at least one or two solo performances by her each show? Honestly,I wouldn't mind seeing her do an entire show in jeans and cowgirl boots-it looks more country and "real" to me. Maybe this would help to get more ETOY nominations and wins,rather than going to award shows and only being recognized as "best dressed".

Concert Stars
    Her talent speaks louder than her look, her style and everything else. So she can do anything she wants

I actually like the "fancy" Carrie!

Concert Stars
    ... She already does.

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Honestly, Carrie is in a league all her own, and it may not be everybody's cup of tea. However, Carrie knows her fans, she knows what we'll like to see on tour. Her team does an excellent job with everything. Although I love it when Carrie plays instruments, I think she should focus on vocals more, that is her best instrument. I don't think you should concern yourself with the award shows, however. They're all politics! Who's hot right now? Who had the best year? Bleh. Those awards mean nothing, nothing! Do I wish Carrie would sing more country songs? Yes. Does that mean I don't like the rockin' songs? No. Carrie can sing the Bible and I'd buy. As for her clothes, I don't know why you brought that up! Those magazine shoots get her on covers, so people may just pick up a copy and read about her, which is good right?

Quote Originally Posted by GMRR View Post
    I think that Carrie should at least consider deemphasizing the photo shoots,magazine covers & fashionista role and focus on presenting the best possible MUSIC for her fans & the general public. That is what her career is. Personally,I would like to see the concert shows simplified,with less emphasis on fancy props and especially on all of the costume changes,and more on the music itself,especially instrumentals by Carrie.We know that she plays guitar and piano,but why not do more with that guitar and piano,such as at least one or two solo performances by her each show? Honestly,I wouldn't mind seeing her do an entire show in jeans and cowgirl boots-it looks more country and "real" to me. Maybe this would help to get more ETOY nominations and wins,rather than going to award shows and only being recognized as "best dressed".
    Okay, I'm one of the loudest screamers for awards and so on...A complete slut for awards....But I'd hardly want Carrie to do anything differently to get those awards.

Sorry, but your suggestion seems as unappealing as remixing your music for greater sales, except it's moving in the other direction. If the artist doesn't have a problem with it him-/her-self, there's nothing wrong with it. But doing something explicitly for the purpose of awards/sales, even if you're not happy with it, just seems wrong to me.

Jeans and cowboy boots do not automatically mean "real", the same way fancy costume changes do not necessarily mean fake. lol. Carrie seems to enjoy the costume changes, and by incorporating that into her shows IMO that is being real.

Ty
    How about you let a grown woman decide how she wants to dress for herself?

Reemphasize the music? Yeah, it's not like she took a whole year off and nearly 3 years between albums to create the masterpiece we're all soon to hear.

I think Carrie has her priorities in perfect order.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I like the dress up Carrie. The fashionista role got her lots of buzz more than the winners of the show and whoever reads those articles would know that she is releasing her new album on May 1st. It is good exposure and promo. People expect her to be glamorous on red carpet. I love the costume changes on her tour.

I would personally love a full or partial acoustic concert, but what does fashion have to do with that?

Must all country artists look the same wearing same old boring stereotypical stuff? Carrie has actually been credited by many for bringing class and glam into the otherwise boring red carpet fashion all those years. Look at how other ladies are dressing up better for red carpet nowadays.

Also, I don't agree that a big tour full of bells and whistles means bad chance for EOTY nom. Taylor Swift anyone?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    It looks like people don't agree with you on this advice GMRR.

Concert Stars
    Carrie wearing jeans. Pft. If anything, Carrie should stop wearing pants of any sort so we can see her legs all the time.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Actually, Carrie kinda set a trend in country music because of her being a fashionista... Since Carrie entered the Country music world, it seemed that fashion was emphasized in the country music world...
    Also, it separates Carrie from all the rest... She is the only Country Singer/Fashionista there... And don't worry, Carrie has always been focusing on her music more than her fashion... She didn't take a 1 year break just to recollect on what she would wear for year 2012... She did it for herself and her music direction... Plus, see it as entertainment... Her outfit-changes and use of fashion as a prop in her concert is actually entertainment (think her Change performance in her concert)... And another plus, Carrie is a VERY BEAUTIFUL woman with a BEAUTIFUL BODY! It doesn't hurt her music if she flaunted that...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Carrie wearing jeans. Pft. If anything, Carrie should stop wearing pants of any sort so we can see her legs all the time.
    lmao. This actually made me laugh out loud to my computer screen.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie just took a year + off ,not to work on her fashionista credentials but to work on putting out the
    best music she can for her fans.Sounds like an emphasis on music to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junior Carrie Follower
    Okay,I see that you don't care for my comments. I get the message,therefore please drop my username and password from this forum. I haven't posted on this board since late last year,and see no reason to continue here.

Concert Stars
    Okay,I see that you don't care for my comments. I get the message,therefore please drop my username and password from this forum. I haven't posted on this board since late last year,and see no reason to continue here.
    Well when you make a comment liek that OF COURSE other's will respond negatively. Carrie took a year and some change off to make teh best music that she can. (Granted what maybe considered best in her opinion may not be the best in the publics opinion but she took that time of to MAKE MUSIC THAT SHE LOVES!!! Other artist drops album after another to keep their name and money coming but OBVIOUSLY Carrie didn't care much about that because SHE WANTS TO GIVE US MUSIC WORTH OUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!! Being a fasiohionista makes her CONFIDENT and she is a beautiful lady. SHE HAS TEH WHOEL PACKAGE so why not use it.

I can't believe you think you can post something like that and expected everyone to support you!!! Obviously, you haven't been in this forum for to long!!!

Sorry that you feel that way. Discussion forums are well... meant for discussions. Both agreeing and disagreeing.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Whoa! Differences of opinion arise all the time - I'm sure most of us don't want any fan to leave because they don't see eye to eye on a particular issue.

As a matter of fact, I sympathize with the spirit of your original post - To be honest, a lot of these media celebrity sites with their "is Carrie better dressed than Esmeralda Wannabiasta" aren't really my scene. Most of the time I can't be bothered to google who the other celebrity might be.

I'd far rather Carrie be known as an artist, than as a "celebrity". That's one reason I've been excited about this new album. Would I rather Carrie produced a knock-out album of hard core, deep, dark Roots songs, than one which entered the charts and won Industry awards? Well, that's the scene most of my artists come from, and to be honest, I'd probably prefer that - from my heart. But my heart is not the main issue - I don't own Carrie's career, and I don't have the right to impose one perception on other fans.
    My head tells me that if Carrie's going to continue in an active career, continue to tour, and continue to meet the expectations of her varied fan base, she needs to stay ahead of the game as it is.

Celebrity media articles, competitive polls, photo shoots, eye-catching costume changes are all a part of the dominant scene as it is today - I think it's pointless to argue whether public celebrity fascination, or media hype, play the bigger role in this, because that's like the chicken and egg argument. They are both involved, and they both sustain and increase the razza-matazz.

But I don't think one precludes the other. Carrie can still be the media star, and still have great music as well. And what I've seen of the "Blown Away" era (both the publicity, and what we've heard of the music) suggest that she's well on track to prove that.
    Last edited by Farawayhills; 04-05-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Concert Stars
    There is no need to leave the board. Everyone's opinion should be respected. You gave yours, and they gave theirs. I hope you will reconsider.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast