Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

Carrie Just Posted on FC Denying That She is Anti-Rodeo or Anti-Hunter

Hope some hunters and rodeo people see this: The lies they have been spreading about Carrie are unkind and based on complete fabrication and false assumptions.

Not that any of us fans needed the clarification, but Carrie posted on the FC tonight that she is NOT anti-rodeo or anti-hunter....and that she has family who hunts (ie her hubby)....plus she grew up in a rodeo town.

She said people falsely assumed that she was anti-rodeo or anti-hunting just because she helped shelter pets through HSUS when she released Home Sweet Home.

I have been defending her for over a year or more on this subject on twitter and elsewhere but it is really nice to have a direct quote from Carrie to clear the air once and for all.

I hope some of them hear about her comment.

Lol I wish people would stop jumping the gun. She's said that she wouldn't go hunting, that doesn't mean she wants to stop all hunting! That's like saying because she's a vegan she wants to stop all meat farming...Or because she's blonde she wants everyone to dye their hair

I really like her response. Very classy

Yeah, that organization pops up every now and then and I defend Carrie too. They usually respond and some are nice & some are jerks...like usual...but at least we can defend Carrie, especially the ones who will have a rational conversation & hear the truth.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Well, I'm glad she addressed that issue! I was getting tired of the uninformed people out there saying she supported PETA and hated all rodeos/hunting. Thank you Carrie!

Thanks Tee for posting. I wonder, was there a new incident that prompted her to post about this?

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Carrie should make an official statment for the media. Otherwise they'll think its all hogwash.

Concert Stars
    Carrie plays this subject just right, she get's publicity when people write about this, but she continually debunks the story. How many times have we read about this, 5-10 times.

In this particular case, the naysayers are actually contributing to her fame and she gets the word out for her cd release, a win win. Not all supposed bad PR is bad.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Carrie should make an official statment for the media. Otherwise they'll think its all hogwash.
    If people don't want to believe it an official statement will be ignored also... I'm just glad that we have direct quotes from Carrie now so when we defend her against these Zealots we won't be just assuming what she believes anymore....
    Carrie has strong beliefs but she has never one time tried to advocate for any of those positions.... Carrie is a doer and she helps out the world around her in so many ways that instead of ridiculing her these groups should be applauding her as a great example of civic responsibility!!!!!

I can't stand the people who actually hate carrie because they assume things like these are true. It's crazy! those people are worse than religious extremists.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Groups like this, with an axe to grind, are never going to get the hint. They use her name to push their cause. Thats it. It's a way of using her celebrity to gain attention for themselves.
    I do think it is important for Carrie to make sure people understand her, but beyond that these people deserve no attention what so ever.
    I live in LA and most people do not hunt or go to rodeos so the very argument just sounds silly.
    If I did live in areas where these activities were prevelant it would be my choice and my choice alone to decide wether to engage in them.
    Funny how choice always exists (God assured us of that) but you will always be judged harshly by one side or the other regardless of which you choose.
    This is why we are called to "Judge Not, lest you be Judged"
    Funny too how it is always to bible belters doing all the judging.
    (there goes my wide brush again)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    If people don't want to believe it an official statement will be ignored also... I'm just glad that we have direct quotes from Carrie now so when we defend her against these Zealots we won't be just assuming what she believes anymore....
    Carrie has strong beliefs but she has never one time tried to advocate for any of those positions.... Carrie is a doer and she helps out the world around her in so many ways that instead of ridiculing her these groups should be applauding her as a great example of civic responsibility!!!!!
    Thank you, I wish there were more "doers" and less tongue waggers.

Insane Carrie Fan
    whatever that group has to say i would just ignore them

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Carrie plays this subject just right, she get's publicity when people write about this, but she continually debunks the story. How many times have we read about this, 5-10 times.

In this particular case, the naysayers are actually contributing to her fame and she gets the word out for her cd release, a win win. Not all supposed bad PR is bad.
    Yep, this is an old issue !

Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Yep, this is an old issue !
    Old issue that this group brings out every now and then. They just brought it out again about a month or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Groups like this, with an axe to grind, are never going to get the hint. They use her name to push their cause. Thats it. It's a way of using her celebrity to gain attention for themselves.
    I do think it is important for Carrie to make sure people understand her, but beyond that these people deserve no attention what so ever.
    I live in LA and most people do not hunt or go to rodeos so the very argument just sounds silly.
    If I did live in areas where these activities were prevelant it would be my choice and my choice alone to decide wether to engage in them.
    Funny how choice always exists (God assured us of that) but you will always be judged harshly by one side or the other regardless of which you choose.
    This is why we are called to "Judge Not, lest you be Judged"
    Funny too how it is always to bible belters doing all the judging.
    (there goes my wide brush again)
    Do you have specifics to point to back this up? Just wondering.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, without starting a Christian war, I find it ironic time and time again that chritians are called not to judge and yet they use their religion to judge people everyday.
    My understanding of Christs teachings is to be a witness, live a life acceptable to God and to live so as not to be judged.
    And christians are called not to judge. Carrie lives this lifestyle in a very examplary way. And yet she is judged on her own personal convictions.
    And yes, being on the West Coast we see lots of judging coming out of the bible belt states.
    All you have to do is live in California to be judged!
    I have traveled extensively throughout the southern states with a Christian singing group and believe me I can speak of judgement that comes out of people who call themselves Christian and southern in the same breath.
    I mean no offense. I just find it ironic.
    We all judge. It's human nature. But some are called not to do it. And they seem to be the ones that are best at it.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Well, without starting a Christian war, I find it ironic time and time again that chritians are called not to judge and yet they use their religion to judge people everyday.
    My understanding of Christs teachings is to be a witness, live a life acceptable to God and to live so as not to be judged.
    And christians are called not to judge. Carrie lives this lifestyle in a very examplary way. And yet she is judged on her own personal convictions.
    And yes, being on the West Coast we see lots of judging coming out of the bible belt states.
    All you have to do is live in California to be judged!
    I have traveled extensively throughout the southern states with a Christian singing group and believe me I can speak of judgement that comes out of people who call themselves Christian and southern in the same breath.
    I mean no offense. I just find it ironic.
    We all judge. It's human nature. But some are called not to do it. And they seem to be the ones that are best at it.
    Especially when they take small excerpts out of the bible and decide to run with it, while ignoring other out dated teachings in the bible.
    Becca

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    This talks about judging. http://www.bibleteacher.org/Judging.htm

The bottom portion talks about Christians on say judging other Christians based on verses given.
    Matt 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

Concert Stars
    It seems as though those that don't wanna be judged are being very judgmental.. No matter who your categorizing when you paint everyone in that group with the same brush you end up hurting some very good people that would never Judge you.....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    It seems as though those that don't wanna be judged are being very judgmental.. No matter who your categorizing when you paint everyone in that group with the same brush you end up hurting some very good people that would never Judge you.....
    True that.
    Most of the people I met in the south were warm thoughtful well-intentioned people.
    Like I said, we all judge.
    But for Carrie, she gets called to such a high standard by people. They all seem to want to take a stab at it.
    Oh well, judge not lest I be judged.
    Thats my "take away" today.

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast