Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Kudos to Carrie's team

My kudos to Carrie’s team for the way they have handled the release of GG. It has been well planned. Consider what has happened so far. They maintained difficult to achieve secrecy thereby building immense anticipation. A very special, and planned, teaser video preceded the debut. Maybe they even planned the momentary Amazon lapse. Instead of doing a normal Tuesday debut, they chose to debut it on the boat event in front of the radio industry elite. Radio was staged to play GG as soon as she finished the boat debut. The radio promo that night was high. It was immediately available on i-tunes. A surprising twitter account quickly followed which was obviously professionally prepared by her team. And, that’s not the end. A video is ready for almost immediate release. It was all part of the mega plan to hit hard. I’ll bet there is a lot more to come but so far, it has been well executed and I think they deserve our praise.
    Last edited by cyberzoney; 02-25-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Concert Stars
    I have to agree that yesterday was a great day the way Carrie and her team surprised us with the twitter account on top of the new websites and new song!! Love it!!

Cannot wait to see what they have planned next.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I have to agree that yesterday was a great day the way Carrie and her team surprised us with the twitter account on top of the new websites and new song!! Love it!!

Cannot wait to see what they have planned next.
    do you think carrie told you she changed her mind about twitter to get you off the trail? LOL
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Well said, and so true!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes, Carrie and her team did really great. Very well planned release. As mentioned earlier from somebody in Pulse that the label/management is trying to bring Carrie to the next level. It is coming true so far and I cant wait what's next for for us fans. Good job team.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberzoney View Post
    My kudos to Carrie’s team for the way they have handled the release of GG. It has been well planned. Consider what has happened so far. They maintained difficult to achieve secrecy thereby building immense anticipation. A very special, and planned, teaser video preceded the debut. Maybe they even planned the momentary Amazon lapse. Instead of doing a normal Tuesday debut, they chose to debut it on the boat event in front of the radio industry elite. Radio was staged to play GG as soon as she finished the boat debut. The radio promo that night was high. A surprising twitter account immediately followed which was obviously professionally prepared by her team. And, that’s not the end. A video is ready for almost immediate release. It was all part of the mega plan to hit hard. I’ll bet there is a lot more to come but so far, it has been well executed and I think they deserve our praise.
    I agree!!! Go Carrie and team!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yes, I'm happy that Carrie's team managed to keep [it] under wraps. Apart from Carrie's YouTube video, there was no leak. She must be pleased about that, as we all know Carrie hates her music to leak.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie and her team seem have a really well thought-out plan for this album, and I'd say things are going very well so far! I can't wait to see what amazing things they have in store for us next.
    I think that after a rough cut of CC leaked last era, they were determined to ensure GG did not end up with the same fate. They did a great job of keeping the song on lockdown until just the right time. They managed to give radio the exclusive (which I think will benefit GG a lot), and in the same night they gave the fans a great gift by releasing the song to iTunes right away. Everybody wins!
    They really did a nice job maximizing the buzz yesterday with the twitter account and the new single. Carrie's name was all over the internet!
    I think we as fans are in for a great ride this era!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is what happens when there is actually something to promote and not that the label is out to get her because there hasn't been any promotion.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzoney View Post
    My kudos to Carrie’s team for the way they have handled the release of GG. It has been well planned. Consider what has happened so far. They maintained difficult to achieve secrecy thereby building immense anticipation. A very special, and planned, teaser video preceded the debut. Maybe they even planned the momentary Amazon lapse. Instead of doing a normal Tuesday debut, they chose to debut it on the boat event in front of the radio industry elite. Radio was staged to play GG as soon as she finished the boat debut. The radio promo that night was high. It was immediately available on i-tunes. A surprising twitter account quickly followed which was obviously professionally prepared by her team. And, that’s not the end. A video is ready for almost immediate release. It was all part of the mega plan to hit hard. I’ll bet there is a lot more to come but so far, it has been well executed and I think they deserve our praise.

I agree!!! VERY WELL SAID!!! CARRIE and TEAM CARRIE have relied MORE on "CONTINUOUS SELF-IMPROVEMENT", as shown by the song "Good Girl" and the "Initial Promotion Strategy". There is a CHANGE and PROGRESS in their strategic and operational practices from Carnival Ride and Play On era, SO FAR. Carrie also has harnessed the POWER OF EVOLUTION TO A GREATER DEGREE. It is the result of BRILLIANT FORESIGHT and STRATEGIC PLANNING and I am very excited to see their GOALS and PLAN in THIS ERA. FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, I prefer JUST ONE "HUGE CROSSOVER HIT SONG like Before He Cheats for GOOD GIRL" ...... Even if that means - ONLY THREE NUMBER ONE HIT SONGS IN THE COUNTRY RADIO CHARTS. I strongly believe TEAM CARRIE CAN PUSH "Good Girl" to CROSSOVER, *WITHOUT REMIXING THE SONG TO GET AN AIRPLAY in mainstream pop/rock radio air wave*!!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Nicely summed up all the things that are happening. It is a longer list than I thought.

Concert Stars
    I agree wholeheartedly , it was a smash debut and really caught broad attention in the music world- the song itself certainly helped being so in your face with crazy vocals from Carrie - it's too bad they couldn't have shown us what they had set for the debut for CC when that came out, if it was something like this you can see why Carrie was so upset when it leaked! So congrats to the Carrie team!

Concert Stars
    well done!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    do you think carrie told you she changed her mind about twitter to get you off the trail? LOL
    Becca
    You know I think that she was really upset and hurt by what was said after the BMI awards so I really do think that at that point she had decided against twitter. I think in the few months she thought more about it and with some well placed advice from her husband she reconsidered. But I really do think she was deeply hurt by what was tweeted after the BMI awards.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    My, how the tide has changed.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    i, too, am very impresses with everything that's been going on! i'm excited to see what's next.

I can't wait to see what Carrie has in store for us next...from the looks of it already, it appears as if we are going to be continually surprised and this fourth album she'll definitely be able to remember exactly what was happening as she said she wanted to be able to do!!

I would think it'd be better to release it to iTunes on Sunday night to get a full week of sales though. That way, a Top 10 debut on the Hot 100 is basically guaranteed, something "Cowboy Casanova" and "So Small" both failed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    I would think it'd be better to release it to iTunes on Sunday night to get a full week of sales though. That way, a Top 10 debut on the Hot 100 is basically guaranteed, something "Cowboy Casanova" and "So Small" both failed to do so.
    I always feel that when it comes to iTunes, it's a mistake to wait a while after a song premieres on tv/radio. Should always release it to iTunes immediately after the song premiere or a tv performance to capture as much sales as possible. Else you'll risk the buzz dying down a little and more people will end up downloading/ripping from online sites as well. There are many out there who don't mind not having HQ quality of songs.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I always feel that when it comes to iTunes, it's a mistake to wait a while after a song premieres on tv/radio. Should always release it to iTunes immediately after the song premiere or a tv performance to capture as much sales as possible. Else you'll risk the buzz dying down a little and more people will end up downloading/ripping from online sites as well. There are many out there who don't mind not having HQ quality of songs.
    I think you make a good point. It's really sad to me that so many people don't have any qualms about stealing music. There are even some people who claim to be big fans of an artist and then proceed to illegally download their music and then post links so that a whole bunch of other people can proceed to steal it. I'll be curious to see how the industry evolves to deal with the issue.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast