Insane Carrie Fan

Good Girl Reviews

As I live abroad I would love to hear what some DJs are saying about GG on radio as well. Did you guys heard anything yet?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Good review Elie. Well writen.

Can't help you with the DJ comments since I stopped listening to country music radio about 2 years ago. lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    There has been a lot of media coverage regarding Good Girl. There's such a buzz surrounding the song and everyone seems to be enjoying it, which is great. I think Carrie will gain her 15th(?) No.1 single!

Thank you for posting.

We need to show Carrie as much love as we can. We're going to attempt to trend "Welcome Carrie Underwood" at 7 pm EST, which is 1 hour and 45 minutes from now. All help will be appreciated

New Carrie Fan

Here's a great review from Country Universe

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2012/02/24/single-review-carrie-underwood-good-girl/

Single Review: Carrie Underwood, “Good Girl”

by Kevin John Coyne
    February 24, 2012

Usually with country records, you know what to expect after the first twenty seconds.
    “Good Girl” toys brilliantly with those expectations.
    It starts off as a typical Carrie “attitude” song, but even in the opening section, something’s different. Her voice is raw and gritty, lacking the typical polish that made earlier songs in this vein sound a bit forced. It leads into a fairly typical country chorus, and as that’s coming to an end, you’re ready for the second verse.
    But it doesn’t come just yet. Instead, the hand claps stop, the band slows down, and she lets the melody hang, repeating “go” and “he’s low” in a hypnotizing, almost soothing way. Just as you’re being lulled into submission, the record snaps back to life, as she rattles off the reasons a good girl wants to believe in that no-good man.
    Familiarity sets in, and as the chorus runs into the bridge, I was reveling in that “go”/”he’s low” construct the second time around, until the rug was pulled out from me again. Instead of completing the bridge this time, a blistering guitar solo tears through, leading up to a ferocious rock vocal that would make Janis proud.
    As the song reaches its climax, I braced for the inevitable. A song that builds up this much energy always ends up crossing the line, ending with a loud and cluttered bang. Once again, she zags. Instead of escalating, the band drops out entirely, and the final ten seconds of the song is just Carrie – no backup singers, no band, not even a hand clap. It actually ends with ten seconds of unadorned a cappella.
    In three-and-a-half minutes, Underwood surprised me more than any country recording since and without any of the accompanying camp. I’ve always been a fan of hers, because Glory to God in the Highest That Voice, but I never suspected that she’d be this relentlessly creative.
    An absolutely exhilarating record.
    Written by Chris DeStefano, Ashley Gorley, and Carrie Underwood
    Grade: A

•