Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 36 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 30 second clip of Good Girl!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    It was just a few years ago that Tim & Faith did an entire tour together. He got nominated, she didn't.
    I just went and look over both awards shows and found these numbers, I could be wrong but that looks like a bias to me.

At the CMA's over the last 25 years there has been 3 wins by a solo female artist (Shania & Swift twice) along with the Dixie Chicks win.

At the ACM's in the 25 years pre fan vote there was 2 wins by a solo female artist (Shania & Reba) along with the Dixie Chicks win.

Concert Stars
    She won grammy for, best female country vocal performance in 2006, 2007, and 2008, And Best New Artist. She's already in music history.

But, I have a very good feeling, after this album is released, she'll be picking up some more. I'm satisfied with her career so far, don't get me

wrong, but something tells me this album will be special. She's said so, and I believe her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan huganticcanadiancarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    off topic, but this psymon, says he is from penticton, how is that since it is a sponsor?

Concert Stars
    6 more days .....

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    It was just a few years ago that Tim & Faith did an entire tour together. He got nominated, she didn't.

Very good point. I still don't get that. It should have been a joint nomination for both Tim and faith.

I swear these voters are just whack!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by huganticcanadiancarriefan View Post
    off topic, but this psymon, says he is from penticton, how is that since it is a sponsor?
    It picks up the location of the person who posted before the sponsor post.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Very good point. I still don't get that. It should have been a joint nomination for both Tim and faith.

I swear these voters are just whack!!!
    Two words : female bias.

Before Reba said something female solo artist were rarely even getting nominated at either show and that is just sad.

Concert Stars
    What i find interesting, that since Carrie came on the scene, there hasn't been a stand out female C O U N T R Y singer out there since, Carrie is going to have the longevity similar to that of REBA, i don't know whats happened to Faith but her come back single didn't seem to do so well... nothing against her of course...

Carrie Underwood ‘Excited’ About New Music

It’s been more than two years since Carrie Underwood released her last studio album and it’s safe to say fans are more than anxious to hear her new music. The superstar, who will release her new single “Good Girl” to country radio on February 23, admits she’s anxious too.

“I am so excited to finally have new music,” Underwood says. “I was lucky enough to have an amazing tour from my last album, and it feels like it’s been forever, but I really had a blast writing the songs, making the music, takin’ my time, ’cause I wanted it to be perfect, and I feel like we’re there. So, it’s very exciting for me to just have new stuff to sing.”

Fans won’t have to wait too much longer for the album Carrie says may surprise some of her fans- it hits stores May 1.
    Carrie Underwood ‘Excited’ About New Music-Country Music Is Love

Concert Stars
    I am beginning to wonder if Carrie will ever be nominated for eoty at the cmas??

It is always one excuse after another to exclude her. Either she toured enough during the eligibility period but they conveniently forgot that because she didn't tour recent enough.....or.....the tour starts right before the cm as but they miss the cutoff date.

They don't seem to be as nitpicky with everyone else....so that is very unfair.

They had no excuse to snub her PO tour but they did anyway, giving it to Miranda who was an opening act half the year.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yes she will be nominated some day. Miranda had the hype machine, that's all.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I don't like the snubs either but they all know that Carrie is now the standard for female county singers. The more they snub her the more their jealousy shines.

Concert Stars
    I wish Thursday would just hurry up & get here already!

Concert Stars
    My favorite "snub identifier" is the changing back and forth of the number of nominees. Odd how it never did work in her favor yet worked against her so many times.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    My favorite "snub identifier" is the changing back and forth of the number of nominees. Odd how it never did work in her favor yet worked against her so many times.
    I think that had more to do with the ACM EOTY being fan voted and they didn't want to admit it was a mistake to go to 8 the year that they did.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I think the 28th for Good Girl. Someone said radio will get the 23rd. We'll see

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allirishgirl View Post
    I wish Thursday would just hurry up & get here already!
    Me too! Usually my weeks go by pretty fast but these last two weeks have been soooooo slow

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I cant wait to watch GG fly to #1 on the charts and be at the top of the charts leading us into summer. I bet we get two singles before christmas music starts.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Yes 2 singles for sure before the Christmas holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I just went and look over both awards shows and found these numbers, I could be wrong but that looks like a bias to me.

At the CMA's over the last 25 years there has been 3 wins by a solo female artist (Shania & Swift twice) along with the Dixie Chicks win.

At the ACM's in the 25 years pre fan vote there was 2 wins by a solo female artist (Shania & Reba) along with the Dixie Chicks win.
    I'm pretty sure you're right. There is a male bias among the recording industry voters. A large majority of the session musicians are male; ditto for the studio technical staff. Until recently more of the big name songwriters have been male. Most of the label execs are male. If you have a few thousand professional voters, only (say) a few hundred of those will be female. In an ideal world it shouldn't lead to bias - in practice it does.

•